test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I like the Circle of Power so much that Waywardwizard thinks I'm a troll!

2»

Comments

• Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User

As far as the actual question goes a high enough IL paladin could theoretically carry 4 people thru anything up to CN where said paladin will need help. But if that paladin is only a tank focused on protection the runs will be either tediously long or simply failures as after all you need good dps too. If you want to have fun, quick runs with newer players Id suggest Malagob/Valindra/Elol/Etos. Start slow, let them build up some experience.

I disagree... I think dungeons are more fun if you have to work for it, use strategy, understand your build and the finial victory is hard earned. Running through a dungeon at high-speed, rolling everything and melting the boss is great for farming a dungeon... but it's not particularly 'fun', and would be an anticlimatic introduction to dungeon running.
    Ideally, I'll have a high DPS (often my IRL partner, Talia) with me to ensure we don't get stuck - but you want to make sure the newbies are learning and testing themselves as they go. My roll is to give them a little breathing-room, so a single mistake doesn't result in a wipe.

For me, the most memorable dungeon runs have been the most ramshackle, disorganized messes where we overcame massive odds. Our first eCC - trying to figure out how often to use the water... working out how to deal with the REAL CN boss before it was changed.... our two-hour duel with Orcus the first time through... Spellplauge's jerk of a final boss (which I'm sure they'll ruin in the remake)... Our six hour first run of FBI.

My job isn't to trivialize the content, my role is to allow newbies to learn the skills they can use when running with people their own gear-score.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Oh well, at this point my comment would be: whatever
  • Options
    The title is in good fun - if it irks you, I'm happy to change it. :)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Title changed, and first post updated.

See? Now I'm trolling.

Just saying this could be seen as "A personal attack" from a moderators viewpoint.

• Options
    I was clearly being facetious, and have offered to change it if Mr. W. Wizard is upset.
    Clearly something in my original post set off his alarms, and the title is supposed to be a fun tribute to my misplaced enthusiasm, not an attack on a fine fellow Paladin.

Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I was clearly being facetious, and have offered to change it if Mr. W. Wizard is upset.
    Clearly something in my original post set off his alarms, and the title is supposed to be a fun tribute to my misplaced enthusiasm, not an attack on a fine fellow Paladin.

Indeed. These forums are plagued with many people who post troll comments with the purpose of inducing nerfs on class X. I may have mistook you for one such but now I know better. Also I dont mind the thread name.