test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tempation warlock nerfing? (devs kill temp)

hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello..

Now I would like to hear couple answer from developer team. So @mimicking#6533 , @terramak , @panderus and any other devs are welcome, no very desired to participate.

Question number 1.
Which one of devs I have to start cursing for temptation warlock nerfing.. Because obviously it was done without calculation.

question 2,
Warlocks since mod 6 where asked devs attention for rework. In mod 10, @amenar did some rework. But it where more less exchange, we lost high dmg output via Tyrannical Threat, but our encounters dmg got buffed. Even it's still effectiveness lost by 10%. I yet could accept that..
AS temptation warlock, we got only our Aura of Despair Aura of Cruelty area widen.
Now
Aura of Cruelty = Allies within 50' of you gain chance Life Steal for 1/2/3/4/5% more.
Aura of Despair = Enemies within 50' of you deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.
It's far from DC"s buff/debuff quality. And that all we received..

So more less temptation warlocks since mod 6 got abandoned because no dev did anything to help them. Personally I wonder how many more modules templocks must wait till finally you guys remember this path.. Next 6 mods? 10 mods or you guys totally abandoned it..

Now, after mod 10 release due Hellbringer rework I played as temptation warlock, promoted it within game, proved that teptation can support party in dungeon runs, in big fights and so one.. It was quest to revive abandoned/dead path.

We had high healing rates, but lacked buffs, debuffs compared to other supportive classes. So 2/3 of templocks gameplay where about healing.
Due areal healing it where welcome in big fights like Tiamat, e/nDemo, Dragonflight, Big heroic encounters.

Some say that temptlock healing where to hight, but they usually got confused due score table. Sure it shows that i outhealed DC. But its because, I heal all around me in same time, while DC have to point certain areas to heal. So obviously temptlock outheal DC, and only Paladin can bring competition in this matter.

Now I where out of game when Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice where introduced, and from path notes it was clear only Tyrannical curse power got adjusted(neft) and no changes toward temptation tree..

However healing rates dropped so much that simply kill any reason play with this tree.
And the reason why?

Unlike DC which can increase only power and stay out of fight, warlock must engage in fight directly due life steal healing mechanic.
Thats mean my healing power depend on what kind damage I done. So I need have decent chance life steal, high power and high armor penetration.

But this this change you developers without thinking killing temptation warlocks. Forcing players abandon this build.

Now when I hit enemy, My damage got adjusted due enemies damage resistance, then what left got reduced by values of my chance life steal.
And then coolest part aoe have 30% effectiveness. SO whats left after damage resist, chance life steal got adjusted even more.. Not 20%, not 50%, but 70%. So in the end healing is so low that kill any reason to even try do that.
AS temptation HB I use Pillar of power, thats mean 30% healing effectivness,, but due low dmg output with this power healing become nonsense.

Only Killing flames, Hadar grasp, warith shadow, vampiric embrace and SB's Soul Scorch are single target powers.
Hadar grasp and waith shadow have DoT effect so more less can still try heal.
But with others u must have 80% chance life steal in order to even try act as healer in group.
But thats mean no more help with arm of hadar CC effect, no more help with Dreadtheft.
Daily powers must be single target only too. WHich is? ....... .... .

Vampiric embrace - in old mods Soul bonding incresed it's healing by 200%, because encounters damage itself is low. Due warlocks dependence to heal from damage, this power is not so usefull. In pvp heal so bad, that meh. Tenacity negate power, negate arp, and encounters damage itself is epic low.. At will powers heal way more than this >healing< power.

Some would say, why I haven't wrote before.

Well I was thinking that perhaps developers fixed healing, perhaps before sw healed way to high.
Also looked to way how to still make templocks viable.
Even having over 20k power over 9k arp, over 5.5k life steal its no chance to heal in epic dungeons. Now for new player its overkill nerfing.. They don't have such stats.

So more less this is not even nerfing, this is attempt to kill templocks. And the way how u done it's dirty.
IF you want to adjust healing, then for exchange give some decent buffs....

Mod 11 shows no work toward warlock. so 5 mods no changes have been done toward templocks. So for how many mods I have to give up temptation warlock??

Best regards: Mad/enraged templock.
p.s I making voddo dool for one who responsable for these nerfings ...... :P
========================================================================
“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

They may nerf your voddo dool too. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

They may nerf your voddo dool too. ;)
    It's enchanted, with ability to reflect any attempt to nerf back back to advisory :)
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    sw temp, can actually out heal dcs.. by vast margins.. while in combat.

The issue lays in the inevitable question (same as devo's) to heal..

There just isnt any reason really to have high amount of heals.

A templock with pop feated, can however, be a good ancillary buffer on the right teams.. this is how I use it. Its not however a main focus of mine.

I miss my damnlock from the previous mod.. a complete waste of time now.

So it could be worse.. at least there is a small , niche role for the templock.. there is zero for the damnlock and some furies do ok in terms of overall damage.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Temp's true issue is not the healing part, well, kinda.

A SW out of the box with little LS can't jump into this path.

The real problem is protecting the party. Devotion can help with mitigation, the DC, even more so.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Since Mod 6 the Templock has not been wanted. That's not just me saying it, look at the class requests in chat.
    Do you ever see people asking for 'DC or Templock'? Or even just 'Templock'?

Of course not. The Templock was an idea on paper that was introduced then abandoned.
    Abandoned with the broken promise that it would be treated as a special case during the Mod 6 Lifesteal changes.
    It never was.
    All they had to do was separate the Templock Lifesteal mechanism from the other classes - call it Templock LifeRecovery or similar. Then it could have had it's own formulas for health regeneration.

Seems obvious but ignored, consequently Mod 6 killed it. The subsequent lack of adequate support of this class specification is awful. It reflects very poorly on the development team, who at the time seemed wholly occupied in making the OP as the replacement for the Templock - which was then consigned to the obsolete bin.

And there it has stayed despite valiant efforts by some people desperate to recover this spec build. But they are fighting a losing battle - because until a rework is officially announced the perception of the Templock is one of a broken and abandoned role. Never asked for in chat. Never really wanted in groups.

An idea on paper that was tried then discarded.
    An awful history from Module 6 onwards with no sign of any resurrection.
    Post edited by lyaise on
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

sw temp, can actually out heal dcs.. by vast margins.. while in combat.

The issue lays in the inevitable question (same as devo's) to heal..

There just isnt any reason really to have high amount of heals.

A templock with pop feated, can however, be a good ancillary buffer on the right teams.. this is how I use it. Its not however a main focus of mine.

I miss my damnlock from the previous mod.. a complete waste of time now.

So it could be worse.. at least there is a small , niche role for the templock.. there is zero for the damnlock and some furies do ok in terms of overall damage.

How to evaluate/measure and compare DC and SW healing? By score table in the end of dungeon, n/eDemo, Tiamat? By that SW seems heal tons of HP. but if you look closely, players receive not so high healing.
    Also to compare to Paladins and DC healing its different.
    Unlike DC, and OP their healing do not get adjusted by any resistance factors/values, they heal directly.

So DC don't have to worry about armor penetration, dealt damage, over all DC can sit in corner drink tea, and pretend that engage in fight.. I know that, because I have DC.

Also to get high healing score in dungeon score table is not hard stuff.. Enough to have Compounded Soul feat and then even furry warlock can compete with DC.
    Score table calculate of how much HP where restored,. So even Soulbinder with Borrowed time can get decent score even without healing anyone.

Pillar of Power is shared hellbringer power among tempt, furry and damnation tress. So even furry warlock can bring this buffing same as tempt. Same goes for other encounters, class features, at wills and daily powers..

Temptation buffing is to low, in old prior mod 6 perhaps it where OK. But now they are way outdated..
    And only areal healing where way to make templocks viable. Now they taking it away. So obviously, tempt tree will be abandoned once again.

It can be worse?.. Yeap it can and it will be.. I can bet for 3000 zen. That within next 5 mods, warlock will get only nerfings. And perhaps by mistake in mod 17 they will perform some cosmetic rework.
    ghoulz66 said:

Temp's true issue is not the healing part, well, kinda.

A SW out of the box with little LS can't jump into this path.

The real problem is protecting the party. Devotion can help with mitigation, the DC, even more so.

The problem is that temptation where abandoned for more than 4 modules.. To more precise 5 mods, because in preview server already we have mod 11. And there is not even single line about warlock rework.

While warlock where abandoned, other classes received power updates to match upcoming content.

For players who are under 3k gs, without strong guild boons, they simply will not be able do anything..
    Templock need to boost, power, arp and life steal. 5k life steal is what you consider minimal requirement. 20k power and 9k power to do proper dmg which converted to Dmg. And since SW unlike DC must engage in fight directly without 7k DR is suicide.
    Now picking Pillar of Power + Bova + darkness feat make you tanky, but due current Soul Bonding feature, which sates, aoe have 30% effectiveness in healing.. Kills any reason to pick this build.
    Single target powers are , Hadar Grasp, Killing flame, Wraith shadow, And SB have SS.
    Only Wraith shadow and hadar grasp can still heal due DoT like effect. While SB's SS and Killing flame due burst dmg mechanic require at least 8k life steal. And under 2.5k GS it's almost impossible..
    To get that you give up any DR, becoming glass canon, and yet you will not support party.

With DT I can help party to do more dmg, but its counts as AoE, arm of hadar aoe CC, BoVa obvious aoe.

More less devs doing changes without thinking.. Lets nerf this, lets nerf that, perhaps lets nerf both of them again. And then wondering why that class is least popular...
    Gustave Le Bon.