test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

While you're buffing weap enchants, can u do sth about Augments too ?

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
I know you devs have a certain schedule to follow but since the key change finding groups is kinda hectic if you don't have a comp with R12 bondings. You get no dungeon run invite whatsoever. Heck, not even a skirmish.

I'm at 3.3K iL and can't find dungeon runs through the channels I'm in (save for a few from legit channels)
I'm talking not even VT or ELOL. It is either HDPS (which means you gotta sport R12 bondings) or you don't get invited to a group.
I've started pugging as of this weekend and can't even get invited through LFG in PE for Christ's sake.

Any plans on balancing those out ?

Or if you guys are afraid of the HAMSTER storm that's gonna break out if you balance/touch them, at least buff augments and bring them up to par with bonding bearing companions in some way they won't be monopolizing the community loadout requirements for group inviting.

I'm serious, pre key change I could get invited into 3K zerg and similar channel runs with no problem.
Now I have to get lucky and get invited by an open minded group of people which is less and less of an occurrence log in after log in.
And that's for VT/ELOL/ESOT/CN runs, I'm not talking FBI or SVA (don't meet the requirements anyway and not planning on doing it whatsoever)

Please do consider.

Comments

• luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I agree this is becoming an issue. I've seen people ask for HDPS for ELOL. Admittedly in our alliance they get laughed out of town but that's the trend. Maybe augments need a bit of a boost, to say 150% of stats? But frankly there needs to be a wider pets rework, particularly in terms of active bonuses.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Bondings at max rank not only provide three times as much stats, but unlike augments, are also affected by all the power sharing. I agree something should be done to augments to bring them to bondings level.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Augments do need a boost. 150% stat transfer is still too low compared to bondings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Augments do need a boost. 150% stat transfer is still too low compared to bondings.

There should be a middle ground between going small investment vs large investment.

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

There should be a middle ground between going small investment vs large investment.

Augments used to be the large investment till the bonding "rework".
    Then became obsolete.

There needs to be some balance between stat distribution and how each one works to at least a point where the discrepancy on acquired stats is at least somewhat relevant.

Bondings as they are, have become the sole contributor to the power creep and ridiculous requirements affecting NW in its current state, they need to be looked over and balanced imho, but don't expect it will happen since it will cause a HAMSTER storm unlike any other seen, so buffing augments is the next logical step/option

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Augment ranks should increase how much % they give to the user.

There is no small investments with augments because bonding will still be needed for max power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Augment ranks should increase how much % they give to the user.

There is no small investments with augments because bonding will still be needed for max power.

Augments are selling as 37k AD now (goat) even if the rank ups give more stats i dont see goats going above 120k(the price of 1 simple bonding runestone), but that seems the best way to do things also because bondings cant keep this mad frenzy of 95% forever so when nerf comes it will hit more smoothly since they will be competing with lengendary augments (x% +15%).
    ghoulz66 said:

Dont forget a augment is a idle piece of meat, it cant heal, cant debuff, can't protect you, at least all of these not inderectly, there are many companions that are bad (seriously? i wrote cr..ap and it censored me? it's not that bad word) bonding triggers but even so a llira's bell can make miracles, 150% for a epic augment seems reasonable.

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Some balancing will fix both the power creep and the ridiculous requirement of R12's to run end game content.

I have greaters slotted and can easily upgrade them in the following month but I'd prefer bondings to be brought down a bit to a resonable level of power infusion and augments to become more relevant as an alternative build path, +% transfer or whatever else.

Now it's just 1 route to take and that's it, which is not healthy for the game cause many players feel locked out of content since they don't get invited to run stuff.

And again, augments used to sell for millions of AD before bondings got "fixed", they where the end game BiS investment and just became obsolete when bondings became broken.
    edited February 2017
    One thing i remember that is broken: Companion influence. companion influence should increase player stats by x% of the companion stats but it's not working, it's not good that it gets fixed before something is done about bondings, the last thing we need is more stats granted above the 300% from the companion, but if it is there and it's broken must be fixed.

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Bondings don't need to be "fixed". They already lowered the top damage by 50% or so by removing underdark effects (forgive me for not checking my math).
    Augments they will probably adjust once it gets to marketing that nobody buys them anymore from the zen store, then will be put on schedule some day and will happen..probably in about 1 year. I would agree with adjustments to 150%. I don't see it becoming BIS ever again.

Bondings don't need to be "fixed". They already lowered the top damage by 50% or so by removing underdark effects (forgive me for not checking my math).
    Augments they will probably adjust once it gets to marketing that nobody buys them anymore from the zen store, then will be put on schedule some day and will happen..probably in about 1 year. I would agree with adjustments to 150%. I don't see it becoming BIS ever again.

Underdark rings were removed but greater ostorian are still here, loyal avenger as well, bondings should be nerfed and companions buffed in certain way to:

-Reduce the gap between "broken" paths and functional paths.
    -Make unpredictabilities betweeen pvp and pve more predictable.
    -Give a meaning to companions other than buff the owner.

Eldricht runestones grant 12% stats, relativelly to distance companion may be or not be active, from 12, no aditional bonus (power/defence) to 95% it's quite a while and the way seems to me to be nerf the 95% not buff the 12%, a warrior class with 80% DR 150k HP that restores his full HP almost imedeatly makes healers useless and content trivial.

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    They just made new companion gear almost as powerful as Avenger so chew on that. You don't have any good reasons it needs nerfing except that some other things are now obsolete. That's just as good a reason to buff the obsolete things.
    Restoring HP is a lifesteal mechanic issue?