test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadouts ?

Just saw a post on Redit regarding a feature called Loadouts.

That's a thing that looks like a work in progress project to enable us to have a dual spec.
Can anyone confirm this is really happening?

That would be cool beyond imagination - seriously.

Anyone?

@nitocris83 @panderus @asterdahl
Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
2). Yes. I am panzer!
3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Yes it will come. It's a ZEN feature though, let's you save gear and power loadouts imho.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Any idea how much will this cost?

Gating this behind ZEN is....not a cool idea.

But If it's indeed working as a true dual spec with gear,boons, powers and maybe even mounts and insignias swap - that would be a great product that can easily be named by "worth the purchase"

Thanks for the insight @loboguild

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    Well maybe, but I want to believe it's a WIP project and will finally be made "like we asked for".

I'm quite surprised that it's not widely announced, I mean seriously...this is one of the things asked from beta, and if this will work well - it will be HUGE.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    loboguild said:

Yes it will come. It's a ZEN feature though, let's you save gear and power loadouts imho.

how much i seen on test shard it only costs zen for extra slots
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

In the current state it includes gear, artifact and potion slots --> useless and not what we were asking for.

agreed i hope it will include skills in final build to
    warpet said:

how much i seen on test shard it only costs zen for extra slots

Yeah that's true. Maybe there are two or more included so you only have to pay for a third one etc.

In the current state it includes gear, artifact and potion slots --> useless and not what we were asking for.

+feats and boons.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! We are currently exploring loadouts and some of the UI got into the preview. We are not releasing this feature with M11 since it still needs more looking into.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    D'oh! People have been looking forward to this feature since it was teased at on a stream. Still, it definitely did not feel finished or close to being able to release in the current state.

(Would be lovely if it included swapping your stable and companion setup, as these are really fiddly to change.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Hey everyone! We are currently exploring loadouts and some of the UI got into the preview. We are not releasing this feature with M11 since it still needs more looking into.

Here is a tip for loadouts: Include power, feats and boons otherwise its useless.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Thanks for the clarification Julia, appreciate it...

By any means, take your time to polish the idea and release it when it's ready - based on our feedback ang suggestions please.
    I would like to have it here ASAP, but I rather have a working version than a half baked rushed one.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
    We all agree that in order to make it as good as it seems, this feature has to give a proper dual spec option - things that must be added:

- gear
    - powers
    - boons
    - companion
    - artifact

and so on...I'm getting seriously tired of having to change all of my gear when I'm doing solo stuff and change it when I'm invited to a group content.

I do believe all of those who ask me to run something are also tired of seeing "yeah, but give me a minute please"

A DPS character may not really need this thing, but a support toon need to change a lot of things to perform at his best while doing different things in the game.

That's why I'm so excited to see it's being worked on. That would be a massive positive change for a lot of players.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

Is the best part of all from preview now...
    Better do not make new module... but make LOADOUTS!
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2017

D'oh! People have been looking forward to this feature since it was teased at on a stream. Still, it definitely did not feel finished or close to being able to release in the current state.

(Would be lovely if it included swapping your stable and companion setup, as these are really fiddly to change.)

No, this is only partly true. People have actually been looking forward to this since the release of this game. Many feel that it is ludicrous that the game did not have this right out of the gate... I am only referring to the ability to swap powers that you already have on your power bars from saved profiles. This should not cost anything to unlock either. It should have already been in the game by now!!!

The ability to change specs from more than one saved spec is something else entirely, and I believe that they should allow you to buy with zen at least two additional saved specs so that you may have at least three total (or hundreds of them since they can charge you zen for each additional), that you can switch to at no cost after they have been unlocked. Each saved spec could have separate saved loadouts attached to each one.

Just look at the way World of Warcraft does it. There is nothing new about this other than selling the spec slots for ZEN... (and this is actually something people would be happy to buy!!!)

Why can't the developers focus more on things like this that people would be happy to buy, instead of focusing so much on things that they don't like to buy???
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Equipment loadouts ... I expect that would mean you need to double the number of your available enchantments?
    Sounds like a no-go to me.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    Well if you have a gear that you swap out (for example this with Evefrost resistance and without it) you still slot some enchantments on both sets, no?

This feature needs to be more than just gear swap. It should take few clicks not tedious changing all the gear, boons,powers...

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

It should take few clicks not tedious changing all the gear,

Cryptic is good at tedious.
    Proven e.g. in
    refining artifacts for with 1 (one, not one stack) of refinement items in each of the 5 slots. Took them less than 2 years to adapt the UI to swallow whole stacks.
    selling fish still breaks the shop functionality
    you can only buy max. 20 potions, kits, etc
    and many, many, more.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    I hear you man...there are so many QOL things to create or improve it's not even funny.
    But hearing that they're actually doing this thing with dual spec aka. lodouts gave me some hope.

Let's try not to judge, just waiting and testing the results.

2). Yes. I am panzer!

Equipment loadouts ... I expect that would mean you need to double the number of your available enchantments?
    Sounds like a no-go to me.

From the sound of things, you can keep the same enchants while changing gear (but I bet it charges you for the reslots), so you'd only need extra if you didn't use the same enchants across loadouts.

One thing it wouldn't be able to handle at all is players who use the same weapon enchant on all their characters. Still have to do that manually.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I can literally bet my life that loadouts will only include gear(armor, weapons and artifacts, powers and equipment tray for potions etc, possibly companions too, it absolutely will not include being able to switch boons, feats or paragon choice, you have to remember they actually cost zen already and no company is about to cut off a supply of income.

Still this would be a great addition for most people, Being able to jump from aoe to single target and heals to debuffs for trash/bosses would be amazing, also being able to switch into everfrost gear for content that demands its resistance more quickly would be nice too

I can literally bet my life that loadouts will only include gear(armor, weapons and artifacts, powers and equipment tray for potions etc, possibly companions too, it absolutely will not include being able to switch boons, feats or paragon choice, you have to remember they actually cost zen already and no company is about to cut off a supply of income.

Don't bet your life on that. Just don't expect it to be free either. Keep in mind a mechanism to respec only your feats and boons for AD already exists in the game.

Something being too expensive to be reasonable to make use of doesn't preclude its existence.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This is a feature I would not mind paying for. How much I would be willing to pay - now, that's a different question. I don't do PvP, but if I did, I would obviously need a very different set of armors and powers in PvP compared do PvE. Now, my gear score is pretty high, and I normally don't bother to change armor pieces or artifacts - the only thing I change regularly is the power selection, which differs depending on whether I am soloing, running with a high-end group or a more average one. If I could specify a set of, say 4-5 loadouts, and just pick one from a menu then I would be happy.

Anyhow, it's like the VIP - it's a quality-of-life issue. My gaming time is limited and I have no problems with paying for convenience. So, I just look forward to seeing what I will be getting.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    ^Well said Becky. :)

One of the main reason's loadout requests have been so common is for PvP. More specifically due to the fact the feats and boons people would choose are completely different between the two so one is always at a disadvantage when speccing for one content type and playing the other.

Saving a few seconds switching gear is nice and all but the main request has been for alternate specs.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Anything less then feats/power loadouts, mean nothing to me anyways. It takes all of a few seconds to swap things.

I can see it now.. AH sorry swapping stuff from inventory was a bug.. we are putting a 24 hour cooldown on it.. you can of course buy our nifty loadout feature.. this circumvents that 24 hour cooldown.

oh , you dont think they would do you..

Many of us have thought many things wouldnt be touched.. and we were wrong about many of them.

I feel bad for this new person..

Cryptic level of trust with me is still ZERO..

well its more like negative at this point.. but whos counting a few integers anyways..

• hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I love the idea. Even just Gear/Potions/Attack-Powers is great for me.

As a CW I always have to rapidly change my powers bar from a Multi-monster to Single-Monster(boss) config.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

That's exactly what i asked for actually.... changing boons and powers mid fight would be funny would.

This is aiming to fix that big bunch of time it takes to switch pvp gear to pve, since companions do not affect that ( yeah iwd, super populated and that 1 weekly run of SH siege) no need to put them here....but that insignias, gear, mount powers take a lot to switch. I dont know if it's affecting guild boons or not but definitivly should since they are swapable anyways on contrary of the others.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    ..... wow. That's all I can say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User

^Well said Becky. :)

One of the main reason's loadout requests have been so common is for PvP. More specifically due to the fact the feats and boons people would choose are completely different between the two so one is always at a disadvantage when speccing for one content type and playing the other.

Saving a few seconds switching gear is nice and all but the main request has been for alternate specs.

absolutely, and a feature that many will happily pay for.

As an example, here is what I would like to see:
    Loadout 1 pvp
    Loadout 2 pve general (different paragon then pvp)
    Loadout 3 Pve dragons
    Loadout 4 pve giant
    etc

With each loadout requiring a zen token to purchase.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"