test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Information Tab bugged

bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
So, when you try to update your guild information, be it the recruitment message or the description, you cannot literally type in those stupid boxes without it stuffing up. The cursor doesnt follow you when you type and if you try to edit... you lose everything. having to type it out in a word document so i can past into the tab and save... which has been really annoying. but tonight, i was trying to update our recruitment message only to keep getting an error message saying i have only 500 characters. so i went back to word, edited my speil down to 497 chars and lo and behold, it still wont save. I dont even want to mention how long we have had alliance but cannot use an alliance tag cause you cant put your alliance name in it...

i would have thought this stuff would be so easy to fix, is there any way you can look at it so those of us who are charged with admin roles in our guilds can at least do it efficiently without wasting so much time when we could be wasting it grinding the SKT instead???
Myth (CW & DC)
Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @nitocris83 - Julia, we seem to have new bugs with the guild pages. Also one of the biggest pet peeves since the Alliances came out was the fact that Sword/Gauntlets can check the use Alliance tag and it changes their guild name to the Helm guild. Can you ask that we can either set an Alliance name OR remove that check box.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

@nitocris83 - Julia, we seem to have new bugs with the guild pages. Also one of the biggest pet peeves since the Alliances came out was the fact that Sword/Gauntlets can check the use Alliance tag and it changes their guild name to the Helm guild. Can you ask that we can either set an Alliance name OR remove that check box.

The problem is not that people can check it. The problem is that it's "ON" by default, and worse, each time a person changes a title it flips. So people who have no intention to have the alliance title have no idea (can't see themselves) until someone else tells to change it.

I can see how this whole concept could have worked if the alliance had a name, but with alliances use the helm guild, why it's on by default is beyond me.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    micky1p00 said:

The problem is not that people can check it. The problem is that it's "ON" by default, and worse, each time a person changes a title it flips. So people who have no intention to have the alliance title have no idea (can't see themselves) until someone else tells to change it.

I can see how this whole concept could have worked if the alliance had a name, but with alliances use the helm guild, why it's on by default is beyond me.

Yep, most people showing an alliance tag probably don't even know that they are. When the flag flips automatically, it does not check the box to indicate the you are using a helm title, and we don't see our own text by default and the ability to switch that on is even bugged. So someone has to tell you, so you can click on and off to display your guild again.

Incidentally, on consoles, they can't set these flags manually at all and can *only* manipulate them via switching titles.

Ed: Sorry about the hijack....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I'd much rather they remove the Alliance flag entirely. It's painful (especially during touchy events like WinterFest - where people call scammer the moment you breathe the wrong way) to have people message me because a "guildie" has done something, and it's not one of mine (Micky + Thia - they weren't yours either :tongue:).

You shouldn't ever be able to parade around as another guild.
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    whew!!! glad they werent our guys lol I threaten my guildies with the wooden spoon if they misbehave :) keeps em in line lol

the other night i was sooo frustrated, i had logged on and needed to do a few admin duties, and it ended up taking nearly two hours :( was not a happy girl.
    Myth (CW & DC)
    Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance