test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question: weapon enchant MoF Renegade buff/debuff

crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
What weapon Enchantment would be best for this full support build. I'm considering Frost.

Comments

• Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    Frost is good for pretty much anybody IMO. Especially if you can't get lots of AD scraped together in a pinch.
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I run plague fire on mine.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Each debuffing enchantment has their pros and cons.

Plaguefire is the old mainstay and its defense debuff, in addition to the debuff activation, is super synergistic for a MoF.

Bronzewood has a mediocre uptime (at T., 10 seconds out of the 20 second cooldown, so essentially 50% uptime) but has a decent 5% debuff, in addition to a relatively minor damage debuff on foes.

The Pure or Transcendent (has to be Pure/T. or no debuff) Frost has a somewhat poor uptime (40% last I talked to Michela), but its defense debuff is quite good.

Dread is a jack of all trades: boosts your DPS as well as giving a DR debuff. Dread is also wonky in that it de-mitigates debuff mitigation (if you don't understand, don't worry about it).

While Lightning is not actually a debuffing enchantment, it can multiproc Darkfire (if you play as a Drow/Mezo Renegade) as well as proc Abyss of Chaos fairly well. Its cooldown reduction is quite noticeable on an MoF, so that might help if you haven't gotten the hang of Spell Twisting.

You should also consider your team as a whole when thinking about debuff enchants, as some debuff enchants don't stack. For example, many SWs/Trapper HRs/some CWs run a T. Dread, so if your team has a bunch of Trappers/SWs, you might want to pass on Dread (unless Dread's DPS boost is that important to your build).

• Options
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the information that was extremely helpful.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    A point on Lightning - it's an aggro magnet so you'll need good defences and stamina gain (for dodging all the time lol). I use one on my Pally for this reason (and the recovery) and it really fixed the pally threat problem.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    I would argue for Dread Enchantment or Terror Enchantment for a support MoF personally.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Terror is worst debuff debut in the game, don't use it!
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Terror is great if others on your team already are running plague fire and dread
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Trans Vorpal is a better debuff than terror (even with 0% crit chance, unless that big has been fixed), they both just shred DR and not defense though...which will likely be maxed as he's playing a MoF support. So that really leaves just plague fire and....frost (vomits a little) for best pure support options.

That being said, using a DPS enchant like dread, vorpal, or possibly even fey touch will likely result in faster dungeon times. Doing more damage is usually better than using a niche enchantment unless he's super under geared.
  • Options
    The good news is lots of options whether it be PF, Dread or Vorpal for the MoF debuffer depending on those I run with.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

The good news is lots of options whether it be PF, Dread or Vorpal for the MoF debuffer depending on those I run with.

I wouldn't count Vorpal in... Choose between Plaguefire, Frost, and Dread... I'm trying to switch from Dread to Plaguefire.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    Hey FF!! Switching from Dread to PF, awesome so pretty much the majority agrees on that one, thanks for the input. Hope all is well with you.
  • Options
    Related to the CW debuff, is Token of Chromatic Storm a/the best active artifact? I was planning on using my Lantern, but a guildie got the Token out of a lockbox and is wondering if that would be better or if he should sell it.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Yea, PF is not capped to 200% debuffs (unlike Dread), it and frost... I think PF is more debuff than frost :3
    All is good so far :) Thanks

Related to the CW debuff, is Token of Chromatic Storm a/the best active artifact? I was planning on using my Lantern, but a guildie got the Token out of a lockbox and is wondering if that would be better or if he should sell it.

It has a very good debuff, but from what I read, it's very difficult to aim correctly in such a way that the acid spit falls where it should, so I wouldn't recommend it, better sell. For now Lantern seems to be the best practically... I'm gonna stick to Vanguard though, hopefully they'll fix em both soon.
    FrozenFire
  • Options

Yea, PF is not capped to 200% debuffs (unlike Dread), it and frost... I think PF is more debuff than frost :3

It has a very good debuff, but from what I read, it's very difficult to aim correctly in such a way that the acid spit falls where it should, so I wouldn't recommend it, better sell. For now Lantern seems to be the best practically... I'm gonna stick to Vanguard though, hopefully they'll fix em both soon.
    Chromatic Storm's elemental meteors land in a pentagon pattern, of which the Acid meteor would be the "upper right" angle. This means that it often misses if your target is moving or has a small hitbox (that constitues a majority of the enemies in the game).

Technically, a T. Frost debuffs slightly more than a T. Plague due to debuff mitigation, of which is best summed up as "you only get a fraction of the debuff". But the % is so small of a difference that you're really just looking at the two enchantments' uptimes when comparing.

For MoF CWs who roll with Swath + Combustive, you're practically going to be at the debuff cap almost 24/7, so a debuffing artifact seems like a waste to me. However, of the debuffing artifacts, Lantern would be the best choice because its debuff is easy to use, the artifact has good stats for a CW, and is easy to get.

If you want to be a hipster or you like doing things for the lulz, you can also use, bizarrely enough, a Heart of the Black Dragon as a debuff arifact. The issue with this one is that unlike prepatch Chromatic Storm, the Black Dragon Heart's debuff gets WORSE as your team stacks more stuff.

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

Technically, a T. Frost debuffs slightly more than a T. Plague due to debuff mitigation, of which is best summed up as "you only get a fraction of the debuff". But the % is so small of a difference that you're really just looking at the two enchantments' uptimes when comparing.
    So, which one do you suggest @rjc9000? Which is better for me? I saw the CD on Frost and passed it up...
    FrozenFire
  • Options

rjc9000 said:

So, which one do you suggest @rjc9000? Which is better for me? I saw the CD on Frost and passed it up...
    I reccomend T. Plague, as MoFs have the easiest time stacking PF.

Imo let the GFs and DCs use Frost, as both attack somewhat slowly.

• Options
    Thank you guys, this was very helpful!
  • Options
    geordiefly#2971 geordiefly Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What is the cool down on the plague fire stacks? At rank 12 it reduces 15% defence and 5% power per stack. How often do you get 3 stacks and is that really 45% defence and 15% power stripped away from your enemy? I'm also trying to work out whether to go for dread or plague fire. That sounds like a crazy amount though. I'm a mof ren
  • Options

What is the cool down on the plague fire stacks? At rank 12 it reduces 15% defence and 5% power per stack. How often do you get 3 stacks and is that really 45% defence and 15% power stripped away from your enemy? I'm also trying to work out whether to go for dread or plague fire. That sounds like a crazy amount though. I'm a mof ren

There is no internal cooldown on PF stacks. The only "cooldown" is whether or not you can keep the stacks up on target. As a MoF, Rimfire + Encounter spam should keep the PF stacks up rather easily.

And also, the PF tooltip is misleading for PVE play.

In PvE, for each stack of PF on target, you put a -3% uncapped debuff on target, capping out at -9% for three stacks.

On a T. PF, you also get an extra 2% capped debuff.

If this sounds confusing, Michela's guide to debuffs will likely explain this better than I can.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1226436/pve-damage-resistance-debuffs-effectiveness