test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enyo’s Mod 10 PVE / Master Infiltrator / Executioner Build

yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited December 2016 in The Thieves' Den
So I made a guide to my TR's build, but just looking for maybe some constructive criticism, suggestions? I'm planning to submit it to MMOMINDS and have it written up and formatted there already actually. It's ready to go. I copied and pasted it to Google Docx, it doesn't look quite the same (took away all the Bold's on the font and messed up some other stuff), but I tried to reformat it a bit so it at least looks a bit organized. Here's the link to it;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19PlNWzM6Zr7Iw92w6hC5qjHfpVGMNnamurAqmAJK72k/edit?usp=sharing

I wish you luck, I wish me luck... and thanks for checking it out! Let me know what you think about it!

- Enyo
- Chronic Legion, Leader
Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    First of all, thanks for sharing and writing. It's always nice to see, compare and get ideas.

I by no means expert, and this feedback is my opinion only, and please treat it as such, hopefully a constructive one:

1. I understand why the use of shocking execution. You need something to trigger Invisible infiltrator.

But IMO, using shocking execution in PvE is not ideal, Shox deals less damage than lashing or DF and has a very long animation. It's only benefit is its piercing damage, but in PvE it's meaningless because you already covered all possible DR by having 60% ArP.
    Also ,the concept of refiling AP at 20%, IMO, doesn't cover all the loss in DPS at the other 80%, more so, with all the bonuses bosses remain at the last 20% for much shorter time than any other 20% of their HP bar (100-80, 80-60 etc..).

You are pointing on low crit build and using instead stealth -> perhaps Lurkers can fit much more into this concept with it's stealth regeneration. And it's buff can cover the loss of damage from shox.

Lurkers have the AP gain issue, which is vital to you, so you may need to check what works, Fire weapon set? Snail mount power? Or maybe even trying Courage breaker, as a 25% power buff and a defensive build, though again it has long animation which is the problem with getting the most out of SoD.

2. Stats - There is something important I've mentioned but I'm not sure about, are those after bonding procced or before ?
    Looks to me like before, so with the loyal gear I think you will have a lot or ArP. Probably close to 10k. I think you can safely consider a shuffle, to change the mount power to lets say recovery (I mention this becase a Tenser is 4k recovery and you have that) and then swap some of the artifact recovery to crit, for example using the CW sigil.

You mention low crit, But IMO, 2.5:1, 3:1 is the point for end-game TR, as opossed to 1:1 for GWF. And it's what you have, It's hard to tell your stats in combat with bonding, but with full r12 brutals and criting the bleed you will probably reach the effective 90%+ crit damage in ACT.

3. I think is should be mentioned that the 10k recovery, and combined with 1.4k AP gain is the basis of the concept. As you are using Invisible infiltrator with AP gain to re-stealth.
    This looks to me as the base of the discussion, so I'm not sure why you didn't choose the Fire weapon set, or twisted. ( I understand the tankiness, but I still think fire elemental weapons can synergies better with the concept)

4. Berserkers Rage - I don't think you get the benefit of it at all, you get full ap, and you use daily to refill stealth and to get back ally tactics. If you don't use dailies as fast as you possibly can you loose all the invested AP gain and the 9% of so from back ally tactics, not to mention Invisible infiltrator. So I don't see you loosing all that for 780 power.

5. Dancing Blade - It is 5% crit severity. You have 97% crit severity + 50% vorpal = 147% total severity added to the hit.
    So if we look how much 5% adds in terms of DPS (assuming 100% crit chance)
    (1+ 1.52) / (1 + 1.47) = 1.02%
    Meaning 2% increase in damage with the companion over not using it. (on critical hits).
    Comparing for example to Siege master that grants 4% in all cases (on crit or not crit) this is inferior.
    There are other options, for example for lower crit build (I don't think yours is, but for example) a single CA companion will give about 4% damage on non crit (on CA) and exactly the same as the blade on crit and CA. And you have permanent CA.

6. Owlbear Cub - How much it is in ACT? Being only active on encounters and not affected by buffs, I'm really curious about this. If you do most of the encounters from stealth, this should rarely work. I can see how 60k - 100k is significant over some 5% bonus, but still, dunno, will be glad to see numbers or parse.

7. Bear Cub, You described a more tanky build, so it fits, but I still don't like it ;) ( So is the drowned set. This will be the non-constructive part of this feedback )

8. You don't gain anything from gear slotted in the non-summoned companions. This is rather important because you have millions of AD there slotted. You are hinting that you do gain stats from this "I use Eldritch on defense slots to get a little bit of stats out of them, but it’s not much at all."
    Probably best to really clarify this to avoid people investing a lot of AD.

There are some parts that I've skipped a bit. I'll try to get back to it.

Personally I also use somewhat high recovery, at 8k or so, with high AP gain. With power to crit at about 3:1.
    So somewhat similar in this regard. There are off course differences in many other ways.

Not exactly feedback but DEX vs CHA, this is a very interesting topic, and I think it is worth going into more, perhaps not as part of this builds but something to think about. Personally, right now I use STR + CHA as main stats. While few mods ago it was DEX instead of CHA.

I hope you will find this useful.
  • yopukoyopuko Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

First of all, thanks for sharing and writing. It's always nice to see, compare and get ideas.

I by no means expert, and this feedback is my opinion only, and please treat it as such, hopefully a constructive one:

1. I understand why the use of shocking execution. You need something to trigger Invisible infiltrator.

But IMO, using shocking execution in PvE is not ideal, Shox deals less damage than lashing or DF and has a very long animation. It's only benefit is its piercing damage, but in PvE it's meaningless because you already covered all possible DR by having 60% ArP.
    Also ,the concept of refiling AP at 20%, IMO, doesn't cover all the loss in DPS at the other 80%, more so, with all the bonuses bosses remain at the last 20% for much shorter time than any other 20% of their HP bar (100-80, 80-60 etc..).

You are pointing on low crit build and using instead stealth -> perhaps Lurkers can fit much more into this concept with it's stealth regeneration. And it's buff can cover the loss of damage from shox.

Lurkers have the AP gain issue, which is vital to you, so you may need to check what works, Fire weapon set? Snail mount power? Or maybe even trying Courage breaker, as a 25% power buff and a defensive build, though again it has long animation which is the problem with getting the most out of SoD.

2. Stats - There is something important I've mentioned but I'm not sure about, are those after bonding procced or before ?
    Looks to me like before, so with the loyal gear I think you will have a lot or ArP. Probably close to 10k. I think you can safely consider a shuffle, to change the mount power to lets say recovery (I mention this becase a Tenser is 4k recovery and you have that) and then swap some of the artifact recovery to crit, for example using the CW sigil.

You mention low crit, But IMO, 2.5:1, 3:1 is the point for end-game TR, as opossed to 1:1 for GWF. And it's what you have, It's hard to tell your stats in combat with bonding, but with full r12 brutals and criting the bleed you will probably reach the effective 90%+ crit damage in ACT.

3. I think is should be mentioned that the 10k recovery, and combined with 1.4k AP gain is the basis of the concept. As you are using Invisible infiltrator with AP gain to re-stealth.
    This looks to me as the base of the discussion, so I'm not sure why you didn't choose the Fire weapon set, or twisted. ( I understand the tankiness, but I still think fire elemental weapons can synergies better with the concept)

4. Berserkers Rage - I don't think you get the benefit of it at all, you get full ap, and you use daily to refill stealth and to get back ally tactics. If you don't use dailies as fast as you possibly can you loose all the invested AP gain and the 9% of so from back ally tactics, not to mention Invisible infiltrator. So I don't see you loosing all that for 780 power.

5. Dancing Blade - It is 5% crit severity. You have 97% crit severity + 50% vorpal = 147% total severity added to the hit.
    So if we look how much 5% adds in terms of DPS (assuming 100% crit chance)
    (1+ 1.52) / (1 + 1.47) = 1.02%
    Meaning 2% increase in damage with the companion over not using it. (on critical hits).
    Comparing for example to Siege master that grants 4% in all cases (on crit or not crit) this is inferior.
    There are other options, for example for lower crit build (I don't think yours is, but for example) a single CA companion will give about 4% damage on non crit (on CA) and exactly the same as the blade on crit and CA. And you have permanent CA.

6. Owlbear Cub - How much it is in ACT? Being only active on encounters and not affected by buffs, I'm really curious about this. If you do most of the encounters from stealth, this should rarely work. I can see how 60k - 100k is significant over some 5% bonus, but still, dunno, will be glad to see numbers or parse.

7. Bear Cub, You described a more tanky build, so it fits, but I still don't like it ;) ( So is the drowned set. This will be the non-constructive part of this feedback )

8. You don't gain anything from gear slotted in the non-summoned companions. This is rather important because you have millions of AD there slotted. You are hinting that you do gain stats from this "I use Eldritch on defense slots to get a little bit of stats out of them, but it’s not much at all."
    Probably best to really clarify this to avoid people investing a lot of AD.

There are some parts that I've skipped a bit. I'll try to get back to it.

Personally I also use somewhat high recovery, at 8k or so, with high AP gain. With power to crit at about 3:1.
    So somewhat similar in this regard. There are off course differences in many other ways.

Not exactly feedback but DEX vs CHA, this is a very interesting topic, and I think it is worth going into more, perhaps not as part of this builds but something to think about. Personally, right now I use STR + CHA as main stats. While few mods ago it was DEX instead of CHA.

I hope you will find this useful.

I guess you could say I'm a bit more simple minded. I've honestly never followed equations, though I've seen them multiple times. Also as I stated a couple times, I'm always changing my build around, trying out new things.

1) I've considered Lurker's but never quite worked with my rotations. Always messed up my rotations I found with the quickly accumulating stealth. More or less matter of opinion I guess.. I personally like Shocking Execution.

2) I've been watching my ArP with bondings and it never exceeds 8881. So not quite 10k as it stands.

3) I still have the drowned weapons from my last build, and working on getting the reagents for the new relic weapons - I have them both restored, so not much left to do I guess. I felt like the fire was overkill for AP gain as well, but I guess you have a point. Can you really overkill AP gain?

4) I only added Berserker's rage recently. I had x2 Gladiators Guile which was undoubtedly useless, so been trying out different bonuses in that slot lately. I've got 17 epic mounts and 2 legendary, so I'm still exploring which has what and what helps most.

5) I've definitely addressed this before. I'm a little too simple minded for all the equations, but I do realize that the dancing blade isnt the most ideal companion out there. It was my dream companion back in the day for no good reason, and I've just kept it since. Considered switching it for the fire archon (I have all 4 archons) or maybe even something else, but its done alright for the most part.

6) Usually there's at least 1 encounter that gets cast unstealthed, sometimes 2 if I decide to use Oppresive Darkness in place of Invisible Infiltrator. Still trying to get a feel for Oppresive Darkness though, so I didn't add it in the guide.

7) Matter of opinion I guess, which is cool - makes the game so much more interesting when there's something to debate over.

8) You're 100% right, I don't. All the gear slotted though is from ages ago when all the gear from gateway was like 5k AD for a piece. I'll edit that though, because it's definitely not somewhere you want to invest AD in unless you're 100% done and bored.

Thanks for your comment, always awesome to hear some 2nd opinions :)
    Discord - Enyolius | IGN - Enyo @ Yopuko (NWPC)
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This looks like my PvP build, high recovery lifesteal, AP spammer with snail and sigil. Yeah it works okay in PvE too, is actually decent enough to be a close second to pure crit builds given the right companion buffs. That said, I'd still bump the crit to around 60-80 if I was doing any length of PvE.
    Post edited by rustlord on
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for taking the time to put this down! I know it's a lot of work!

Here is my .02, and it's just a few suggestions, so if you feel strongly about it, keep it the way you like.

I have to second @micky1p00 here about shocking execution for PVE. Your armor pen is so high that the piercing damage (the best thing about SE), is pointless, and you can get a lot more DPS from other dailies.

You have Assassin's Covenant twice for 12%, meaning you are only getting an extra 2% bonus from your defensive stats from the second AC towards your strength. It looks like you have something less than 9000 points in deflect, defense, and life steal, so you are only getting an extra 180 power from it which is practically nothing. You'd probably be better off using protectors camaraderie in the place of the second AC which would give you a flat 3% power boost each time your companion attacks and it stacks up to 4 times. So, even if PC procs only once, with your power, you'd be getting something like 800 power from it.

Most of everything else has been pointed out by other people.
    Thanks again!
    Post edited by sirjimbofrancis on
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    yopuko said:

So I made a guide to my TR's build, but just looking for maybe some constructive criticism, suggestions? I'm planning to submit it to MMOMINDS and have it written up and formatted there already actually. It's ready to go. I copied and pasted it to Google Docx, it doesn't look quite the same (took away all the Bold's on the font and messed up some other stuff), but I tried to reformat it a bit so it at least looks a bit organized. Here's the link to it;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19PlNWzM6Zr7Iw92w6hC5qjHfpVGMNnamurAqmAJK72k/edit?usp=sharing

I wish you luck, I wish me luck... and thanks for checking it out! Let me know what you think about it!

- Enyo
    - Chronic Legion, Leader

This Build is very good for PVP and PVE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSzZGgw6cBA
    Just Add Orcus Set and Relic Weapons and youre a beast
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I can't speak for PVP, but you ought to be bumping the updated version of his build which is better for PVE than this version.
    http://mmominds.com/2016/12/17/enyos-mod-10-pve-master-infiltrator-executioner-build/
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog