test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5: Neverwinter Charge Promotion Issue resolution for Black Friday Promo Event reward points

preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
I received this email:

Greetings adventurer,
During our Black Friday promotion for Charge Rewards in Neverwinter, our blog incorrectly stated information pertaining to the rewards players
were eligible to receive.
Although we changed the blog to correctly display the promotion, we are committed to honoring the original messaging that you may have read.
We have applied Charge Reward Points to your account, equivalent to the Point Value of all tiers below the Charge tier you reached...

So I logged into the site and saw that the following purchases could be made:

ChargeReward
1000 Reward Points ($10) - ‘Neverwintan Noble’ Title
2000 Reward Points ($20) - Zhentarim Warlock (sells on the AH for ~50k AD)
5000 Reward Points ($50) - Gilded White Steed (Uncommon Mount)
10000 Reward Points ($100) - White Owl Bear (Epic Mount, sells on the AH for ~800k AD)
20000 Reward Points ($200) - Ice Panther (At the time, no entry on the wiki, and MMOmounts showed a speed of ???)

Having spent too much money while Zen was on sale, I was excited about this Tier 5 Mount. I googled around and could find nothing about it other than it was new for this Promo, which was made to fix an error made on the blog. As there was a timer on the use of these Reward Points, I figured there was logic behind the tier system, so I purchased the Ice Panther and went to the merchant in Protector's Enclave to find out what I got.

My Tier 5 purchase is an Uncommon 50% mount that binds to account? How is that better than an unbound Epic Mount? After putting in a ticket and waiting a couple of days, now there is an entry on the wiki for the Ice Panther, and MMOmounts is updated.

Maybe you guys thought I would be happy to have a mount skin that was, at least for now, fairly uncommon, but riding this thing would be less a symbol of prestige as it would be a sign to everyone in the game that I got screwed over by Arc for buying Zen with real money. I have played and loved games that eventually died because the developers couldn't pay the bills, so I have no problem paying money to support something that I enjoy.

You guys were trying to fix a mistake, but this feels like a compounded mistake. Support sent me here. I'd love to hear the logic behind the decision to use this new and undocumented mount skin as a Tier 5 reward. I'd love it even more if you would fix it.

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I wonder how they decided who to send this to? I read the promo the original way and started charging. Have not seen any kind note nor additional charge points....

Did you get that in regular email or Neverwinter email???
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    From Arc
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I wish I had of kept my email now..
    I was 3h too early with my zen purchase because all I was informed of was 'buy zen on the 25th' not after 7am on the 25th
    O_o

not living in the US made this even harder to calculate.. but by my reckoning I would of had to make my zen purchase sometime on the 26th my time because of this 7am start of the event

I got no (whatever it was meant to be ,25%) extra zen or rainbow panther

but I did stupidly get more zen so I could get an owlbear mount, which I did get

and the email i got after I did that was classic
    oh we see you were able to get .. blah blah

yeah I am an idiot... haha
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Prett sure the tier 5 mount always showed as a green 50 percent mount.

Seems like they finally fixed this in an appropriate way imo. You got what was listed.

The mount was deemed valuable enough as just the skin apparently, so they felt the better speed wasnt warranted.

Not sure what the complaint there is.
    As I said, there was no description linked for the panther and there was no entry for it on the wiki at that time.
    And now the timer has expired....
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    I think this is the best thing they ever did.
    I loved it, just LOVED it.
    I loved how I didn't get what they first promised.
    I loved how I was allowed to spend points on items I couldn't get.
    I loved how I got a FRACKING account bound mount.
    It will forever be used as an "I got screwed by Cryptic" t-shirt.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

So this is my 6th post in the forums, most of those in this thread, and I am only posting here on this subject because I was directed here by Support. Is this normal for the forums? I feel ignored.

Here is the last part of the support ticket communication:

Hello,
    Thank you reaching us!
    We do appreciate the feedback about your concern about the reward for each tier. We often pass along player suggestions to the developers for their review, but we also encourage you to post your ideas on the official game forums so you can discuss them with other members of the community.
    As for the charge rewards point, unfortunately we are no longer able to issue a refund for your charge rewards points as they were spent accordingly to the designated reward you chose. We really do regret that we are unable to assist you on this matter and we do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
    We look forward for your patience and understanding on this matter.

So is this not the right place to ask about this?
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    " Is this normal for the forums? I feel ignored. "

Management rarely answere forum posts, if ever. I assume they consider this case to be closed.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Well, it looks like you can get the companion just fine for all your characters, but the advertised Lights of Simiril bonus of this companion is either not working, or they have to explain it a little better...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

Is this normal for the forums? I feel ignored.

Only while your luck persists.
    If you have a valid point and post some words copy/paste from support communication you can get banned, too.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!