test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion For Graceful Removal Of Voninblod Empowerment

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
I really don't think I need to state the obvious that the empowerment idea for up to 4 pieces of gear is one of the worst things I have ever seen in a video game. Instead of complaining about it, I would like to ask you to provide what I call a "graceful exit" away from this concept.

Similar to providing a solution to the "Power Point Issue" by building it into Sharandar, implement a way to create an in-game item that removes Voniblod Empowerment from each piece of Relic gear.

You can iron out the details, but please do so in a way that does not cost Zen or have us do things like Heroic Encounters or Fishing.

thank you,
www.twitch.tv/kaligold
twitch.tv/kaligold

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Using the Black Ice experience, they had a 'graceful exit'. That was making the equipment irrelevant in the new module.

My black ice set in the storage is still in tier 3. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Best plan is to just not wear it. They are absolutely convinced that people liked this back in the black ice days, cause people engaged with it and used the process. What they failed to realize is that the black ice gear was close to BIS back at that time, and that blackice was a lot easier to get back then.

Simple solutions to fix this would be to allow us more ways to get VB. Maybe all quests give VB when you have a piece of the armor that needs it equipped? Maybe only start the timer when you are taking everfrost damage?

I don't know the perfect solution either. Since the dungeon and skirm give so little blood compared to what you used, this becomes just another daily grind to add on top of all the other grinds. Fortunately, there is no real reason to use this gear at this time.

I had hoped that this vivified thing would make the gear permanently tier 3...oh well.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Graceful nuke in mod 6 ended all graceful exits from mod 3
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Best plan is to just not wear it. They are absolutely convinced that people liked this back in the black ice days, cause people engaged with it and used the process. What they failed to realize is that the black ice gear was close to BIS back at that time, and that blackice was a lot easier to get back then.

Vblood is also easy to get and it does not need you to spend time to refine it (one professional slot at a time) like in Black Ice.

The main issue is the 'charge' does not stay long and not close to what the BI gear was. Was it 6 hours? Comparing to 2 hours?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***