test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devotion - Light or Justice?

oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
edited November 2016 in The Citadel
What tree is better in healing? I think Justice lost its advantage, since Bond of Virtue does not proc Prism. Or is Justice still better?
Svatá Prdelka
game - Human/real life - ???
OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    In PvE, Justice still beats out Light. (still go 3 feats into Light for Aura Gifts though)

Light provides a bunch of healing bonuses, true. The thing is though, is that the Healadin's heals are already so crazy that gear and/or healing bonuses are completely unecessary.

While it is true that Prism was a big reason to run a Justice, I would still say that the capstone is still worth getting due to the fact that it makes your Tab a cooldown speed decreasing thing ala CW Spell Twisting. Throw in the nice movement speed bonuses as well as the decent recharge speed decrease bonuses for your team and Justice Paladins are way better than Light.

Also, even if Bond doesn't proc Prism, Bond + Vow still has some of, if not the best heals in the game, making Prism a nice bonus rather than a necessity.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I haven't tried Light and don't know how powerful Prism was before, but playing Justice fork and using Bond + Vow combo I've never been outhealed nor have problems keeping party at max health most of the time excluding one-shots. And Justice capstone and Echoes of Light provide serious DPS. Using Divine Call to decrease cooldown, increase damage and get another charge by using encounter and getting all encounters off of cooldown thanks to Echoes is just too good. In Throne skirmish where there's no point of using Bond and Vow I still get the most heals unless there's another Dev OP who uses Bond, and I always place high or top in damage dealt while using Burning Lights, Smite and Divine Touch. The heals from Divine Call, encounters (especially Divine Touch), crits/Drowcraft set bonus and Prism are enough there.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Pretty much, only go light if you intend on doing pvp as well, perhaps helping guild with conq shards.
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I prefer full light build on my healadin. certain perks that occur together or one-by-one are increasing your healing output SO significantly, that combined with perma-heal powertray (no need to explain I hope) are really stunning ( up to 500k heals without crits per person)
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Thank all of you for answers. I had full Light tree, now trying Justice. Damage is definetely better with Justice. Heals seems ok in elol and etos. I have not tried CN and FBI with Justice build yet (with Light build I did).
    ghoulz66 said:

Pretty much, only go light if you intend on doing pvp as well, perhaps helping guild with conq shards.

Why is Light better for PVP?
    Svatá Prdelka
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Healing Depression, methinks.

I'm no PvP expert, but I recall that Healing Depression is the idea that heals only work at a fraction of they would in PvE.

So the huge heals you see in PvE would be much smaller than PvP, and as you can't really slap Vow + Bond and just stand near your team, you're better off picking stuff which helps your main healing source in PvP, which is likely going to be the Cure Wounds atwill.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    sulajpl said:

I prefer full light build on my healadin. certain perks that occur together or one-by-one are increasing your healing output SO significantly, that combined with perma-heal powertray (no need to explain I hope) are really stunning ( up to 500k heals without crits per person)

Isn't that overkill? I mean how much HP a person can have? 130-140k are very common for OP and GF, I haven't seen anyone with more than 150k. I don't know what that "perma-heal powertray" term means exactly, but playing Justice fork without even investing in Wisdom for increased healing I've seen some single heals over 550k non-crit during couple CN runs.
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

sulajpl said:

Isn't that overkill? I mean how much HP a person can have? 130-140k are very common for OP and GF, I haven't seen anyone with more than 150k. I don't know what that "perma-heal powertray" term means exactly, but playing Justice fork without even investing in Wisdom for increased healing I've seen some single heals over 550k non-crit during couple CN runs.
    Question is, why we even see this big overheals. In Advanced combat tracker I had 2x 1.5mil heals in one second in one ally. This was in Strohghold dragon fight. Can´t it be because some taken dmg is (if) like damage over (very short) time? In this case big heals has its meaning.
    Svatá Prdelka
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Thank all of you for answers. I had full Light tree, now trying Justice. Damage is definetely better with Justice. Heals seems ok in elol and etos. I have not tried CN and FBI with Justice build yet (with Light build I did).

ghoulz66 said:

Why is Light better for PVP?
    The capstone makes you incredibly difficult to put down. You pop your TAB, and your HP shoots right back up and they're back to trying to whittle you down. Justice has nothing like this to help sustain you.

• keseneth4094keseneth4094 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Not able to make new post so I will ask here. Anyone able to help me with a pop healing spec/load out? It would be greatly appreciated