test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[XBOX] Question about Steel blitz

burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Militia Barracks
So I was messing around with abilities and class features I never use out of boredom and I noticed something a bit off, steel blitz doesn't seem to do the damage it states it will. I went to dread ring dummy targets to test the feat to see if it was off it isn't dealing 60 percent of weapon damage. I'm currently using the twisted set with a base damage of 1860-2273, steel blitz is hitting for 2824 with a single SS tap, no rebuffs or buffs active and my weapons enchantment off. I for the life of me can't figure out how it's getting this damage. Anyone with some input on this would be appreciated.
Post edited by burndownxmas#7201 on

Comments

• Options
    *debuffs
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016

So I was messing around with abilities and class features I never use out of boredom and I noticed something a bit off, steel blitz doesn't seem to do the damage it states it will. I went to dread ring dummy targets to test the feat to see if it was off it isn't dealing 60 percent of weapon damage. I'm currently using the twisted set with a base damage of 1860-2273, steel blitz is hitting for 2824 with a single SS tap, no rebuffs or buffs active and my weapons enchantment off. I for the life of me can't figure out how it's getting this damage. Anyone with some input on this would be appreciated.

You need to mention what you have done to companion active bonus and mount bonus. Since you say no buffs, I assume no Bondings/Augment.

Also twisted is not a good choice for testing. Buy an inferior green/blue weapon from PE shop and test again.
  • Options
    Okay so I went and found a reviving greatsword of parrying, green gear IL105 base attack of 1271-1554, I removed all insignias, unsummoned companion, and removed all offensive buffing class features for this test. I hit with single tap Ss to proc steel blitz upon finally procing it hit for 1620, which is not 60 percent not even 65 percent (which is where i have it for power points) of weapon damage, it isn't even hitting for 65 percent of SS's damage. As of this test I am at a loss for what it is hitting 65 percent of. If anyone has a solid answer other than retest, it'd be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Okay so I went and found a reviving greatsword of parrying, green gear IL105 base attack of 1271-1554, I removed all insignias, unsummoned companion, and removed all offensive buffing class features for this test. I hit with single tap Ss to proc steel blitz upon finally procing it hit for 1620, which is not 60 percent not even 65 percent (which is where i have it for power points) of weapon damage, it isn't even hitting for 65 percent of SS's damage. As of this test I am at a loss for what it is hitting 65 percent of. If anyone has a solid answer other than retest, it'd be greatly appreciated

I would suggest using the Ruined Avatar of War's Greatsword of the Drake, since it has a fixed weapon damage.

Anyways, according to the preview notes from before/around Mod10's launch, Steel Blitz does 60% of your Weapon damage, assuming you don't have any extra point in Steel Blitz.

These are from the preview server (I couldn't find the official news announcement), but these should be correct unless there was a ninja patch for Steel Blitz in between Mod10 launch and now.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1218457/official-feedback-thread-great-weapon-fighter-changes

• Options
    I have one extra point in steel blitz so it's supposed to deal 65 Percent weapon damage, but it is clearly going above that, also I really don't think it is the weapon more the perk, if you all have Act to try this out on I do not and cannot test on it.
  • Options
    Okay, so I went and tested steel blitz in ETOS just to see how high i can get this to hit and I found a log recording it hitting for 66920, so whatever damage it is going off of it can grow exponentially.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Im hitting people in domination for like 2k with it per hit which is great seeing how much its getting negated then buffed up by my self buffs to pretty much hit for weapon damage.. probably the second best passive for a SM in pvp.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I realized the cause of Steel Blitz going more than weapon damage. Damage bonus from Power and STR attribute.

Think of Steel Blitz as 25% proc pre-Lostmauth nerf weapon damage.