test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Buffer artifact

superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
So, I've read in many posts that as a buffer gf we should use lantern of revelation as a primary artifact. But i've checked the vanguards banner and i saw that not only does it lowers the opponents damage resistance and buffs the party but also gives survivability stats. What is your opinion on that matter?

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016

So, I've read in many posts that as a buffer gf we should use lantern of revelation as a primary artifact. But i've checked the vanguards banner and i saw that not only does it lowers the opponents damage resistance and buffs the party but also gives survivability stats. What is your opinion on that matter?

Lantern is a debuff wich lifts my effectiveness and the group effectiveness by >10% on ACT working in PVE and PVP.
    Vanguard Banner doesn´t do anything to the dummy, no debuff, maybe since that dummy doesn´t have any DR, so the banner will work in PVP only , but a 2k power/lifesteal buff is also nice (i guess it doesn´t count towards DC´s basepower-> powerbuffer?)
    I don´t use my lev 139 lantern, since a 6 seconds debuff is no argument for me to go for.
    There are broken artifacts like that token of chromatic storm and maybe others, no clue if lantern also is bugged and that debuff scales upwards to silly ammounts?
    If I had a Paladin, I would go for that sigil of oathbound pally tbh. 20% DR for 20 seconds? + healz.
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Hello
    I'm too looking for active art. now i have white dragon heart, oghma, waters and GF sigil. Today i bought champions baner and probabaly i will use it but my second options is OP sigil. Latern for me is useless and 6 sec is very short.
    But i still dont know which is better champions baner or sigil OP.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Lantern is a debuff wich lifts my effectiveness and the group effectiveness by >10% on ACT working in PVE and PVP.
    Vanguard Banner doesn´t do anything to the dummy, no debuff, maybe since that dummy doesn´t have any DR, so the banner will work in PVP only , but a 2k power/lifesteal buff is also nice (i guess it doesn´t count towards DC´s basepower-> powerbuffer?)

I don´t use my lev 139 lantern, since a 6 seconds debuff is no argument for me to go for.
    There are broken artifacts like that token of chromatic storm and maybe others, no clue if lantern also is bugged and that debuff scales upwards to silly ammounts?
    If I had a Paladin, I would go for that sigil of oathbound pally tbh. 20% DR for 20 seconds? + healz.

Vanguard's Banner is bad for PvE, since the debuff is bugged and gives the team 10% extra armorpen rather than a 10% defense or 10% DR debuff. (If you want to be technical, then it gives the correct -10% debuff for less than a second and then falls off to the bugged +10% extra armorpen).

Yeah... Chromatic Storm is one of the best debuffs in the game, but it's super expensive and the Acid meteor debuff misses more often than not (unless your target is very large ala Lostmauth). Even if it gets fixed, the -20% debuff is not bad.

Lantern is sort of bugged: you get a -10% DR debuff if your lantern came from pre-Mod4 and it's -8% DR debuff if you acquired the lantern after Mod4.

The Paladin artifact is quite nice for not dying, but I personally would not rely on it for heals.

The numerical facts were taken from @michela123's debuff spreadhsheet.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    rjc9000 said:

Vanguard's Banner is bad for PvE, since the debuff is bugged and gives the team 10% extra armorpen rather than a 10% defense or 10% DR debuff. (If you want to be technical, then it gives the correct -10% debuff for less than a second and then falls off to the bugged +10% extra armorpen).

Yeah... Chromatic Storm is one of the best debuffs in the game, but it's super expensive and the Acid meteor debuff misses more often than not (unless your target is very large ala Lostmauth). Even if it gets fixed, the -20% debuff is not bad.

Lantern is sort of bugged: you get a -10% DR debuff if your lantern came from pre-Mod4 and it's -8% DR debuff if you acquired the lantern after Mod4.

The Paladin artifact is quite nice for not dying, but I personally would not rely on it for heals.

The numerical facts were taken from @michela123's debuff spreadhsheet.
    My lanter is aquired in mod 4, giving a 10% + debuff/effectiveness (varies a bit).
    Testing the Vanguard banner I remember there was somthing like you said, sometimes one single at will got a higher effectiveness, sometimes not.
    10% arp for 30 seconds from that Banner plus power/LS buff sounds nice for PVP, gonna check that because I level that banner atm.
    The chromatic orb is simply broken, I read that post/screenshots from Michela, situational/buff dependant >380% physical damage etc leading to oneshots.

That´s the screnshot about that token