test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PvE] The best armour enchantment for TR

izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
edited October 2016 in The Thieves' Den
I have just made my Transcendent Negation Enchantment (TY for 2xRP!), but...
is there any better option for TR?
In PvE and why?

I used to run with Soulforged, but I find it useless. In easy dungeons it's not needed, in hard one like CN or Demogorgon if we die Soulforged lets you revive and unless you use Stone of Health you will die again... so no point using it.
Shadowclad - it seems to be good on paper, but I heard rumours that it is not working as it says on tooltip. So I don't know...
Maybe there is something better for TR? I'd like to know your opinion.

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Rocking Lesser Soulforged from the start and not thinking to change it. I agree sometimes is useless but in FBI seems most usefull.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I rock the soulforged but then I usually have a healer with me - I drop, I get up the healer takes me to full while I go back to killing things. I'm PS4 though so there may be better things coming on the horizon.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Soulforge for the win...

Bark works in areas where you get leveled down below 70 to like 40-60, but won't do you justice in any other pve or pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I dislike soulforged for the double death issue. It's happened to me so many times that I only use it on my healadin withe Lathanders set. It's very useful in that setup!

I also dislike Negation because you have to get hit to make it work and that's never good for a TR lol.

Elven Battle is pretty useful, especially in PvP...

I use Frostburn on my TR. Great for the disable in solo play, and I haven't found one I like for group play, yet.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    For PVE, I recommend soulforged or elven battle. Soulforged shines the most in Fangbreaker but Elven battle may do you the most good elseware, it mostly comes down to preference on these two. Negation is also still decent but its falling out of favor more and more.

In PVP, Elven battle is probably the best choice for most TRs but soulforged works well for those on a tight budget and some people like it better. Negation isn't the best choice right now for most builds and as mentioned above, its falling out of favor in both PVE and PVP.

Shadowclad enjoyed a short wave of glory for the first month or 2 of its release but its not really used anymore for the most part.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

I dislike soulforged for the double death issue. It's happened to me so many times that I only use it on my healadin withe Lathanders set. It's very useful in that setup!

What is the double death issue?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    It happen often in eDemo.
    You die because of purple rays, revive thanks to Soulforged, then you die again in next 1 s, because of DoT damage or sth similar.
    The same is in CN with Death Spheres.
    That is why I find Soulforged useless. Usually I don't even have enough time to use Stone of Health.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If you die... spam bloodbath to escape double death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!