test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tanking FBI - Hati tips?

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
I've recently given FBI a go as a tank, an though successful it was alot of pain during the first boss, and I was wondering if there were players with more experience tanking this dungeon who can give some tips for tanking hati, specifically the poison cone one shotting me through block.

It is mainly the poison cone spray that gets me, not always can i move out of the way. I do my best to try not get stuck in an animation but enivitably I will eat one once.

I'm a conq tank, using vorpal and with about 160k hp. I'd prefer not having to switch to trans-fey or something for -dam reduction. So other tips would be welcome.
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".

Comments

• Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hi Grimah.

When you say poison cone one you mean the one that pushes you way right?the one that hatti uses head on?
    I guess you mean that but i don;t know honestly the name or if it is poison you.The noticeable effect is the pushing away sometimes into the cliffs=game over.

I got pushed a lot of times aswell ,specially if there is another Gf using kv plus mine KV ,I litterally go to orbit when hatti uses that cone.Bug or something whatever.But that is rare.

Most of the times I am alone and what i try to do is to have sufficient space in my disposal and never go near the edges.I block/tank and as long as hatti does the 3 charges combo i turn around and start to block again.
    These is nothing else to do ,the pushing is pretty inconsistent sometimes you get pushed 3 feet sometimes x4 more.
    So block in the center of the area,with your back facing the wall and not the cliffs.

In general what i use vs hatti:

Shield talent and steel defense.(cause the wind -whatever-drains block/stamina)

Tide of iron.
    Cause an unblocked attack ,will get you to serious trouble.So you will need all the block you have.Even then sometimes you might run out of block.So ToI.

For the other att will i use Crushing Surge while most other GFs had switched to WMS.
    But crushing surge allows a faster transition between CrSu/Agg strike and use of ToI or/end encounters.WMS seems to have a "lockable" animation that does not let you cancel it.And you might want to gain Stamina/use ToI or to block.

My rotation vs Hati is Enforced Threat/ITF/KV.
    I don't use com strike in hatti as other Gfs do,cause most of the times i am the only tank of the party .No Op to share tanking or to give immunities.
    (And I hate Com Strike animation, :/ it does not lock on target and it does not put you automatic head on with the enemy NPC,as Lunging and other powers.)

I suggest you do the same,use EThreat and do not rely on tab mark and for another reasom:Hatti while on jumping /on the fly has a messy hitbox,tab mark fails in 50% of the cases.
    Enforced threat does not.And you need to keep hatti locked to you.
  • Options
    my problem is the cone spike thing as you mentioned one shots me through block, causing it alot of hassle if i get caught in it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Solution might be right debuffing by your team's DC or a healadin with Bane.
    Plus you need to be fast and get out of the cone fast.

Find a way to insert Steel Grace ,even if in place of Shield talent.You can get stamina back through ToI and Enf Threat.Not the best solution and risky but at least it offers speed.In need if you run out of block turn to the side ,the Hatti will go after you and in worst case scenario a DPS might fall there are 3 people there to resurect him.If you go down a wipe is imminent.

Black Stallion horse that offered Gladiator's Guile is pretty expensive now so it is out of question (450k last time i checked)

One solution might be the Frostborn 3 set bonus.From tradebar store 2 pieces and a set of gloves from Ah.It is really cheap atm 14k.But you need to spend tradebars :/ .my guess is that you already have the two pieces for the FBI EF resist requirement ,so the only real spent will be the gloves.

Other than that i cannot think anything else i checked the nw wiki the potions sector and there is not a potion that offers speed.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I use KV, ITF and CS/EF.
    I take enhanced mark for offhand debuff and combat superiority, wich debuffs on top 9%, against turtle I tend to take steel defence, since that boss is much harder for me to tank. But even doing so, it´s hard for a GF using KV and running without OP-DC-GF tanksetup, only option is to drop KV imho.

One reason for getting killed may be the fact that your team get´s huge ammounts of Frostdamage. If you check ACT, you will see how much is incoming. So in case your DC has no AA up or any other debuffs for the group running, and you run KV, it´s a big ammount of damage that swaps back. Using United+daunting challenge it´s up to 65% damageresist for the group having KV active.
    Imo debuffing is essential too. A protector would be even better having brawling warrior and Iron guard. Another option is distracting shield 5/5.
    T feytouched 18%, surging Tide 10%, United 5% and daunting challenge 10% less if KV active, distracting shield 5%, rost monster 15%, combat sup 9%.
    It´s possible to stack more aoe resist from Leprechaun also, guess it´s 10% at epic.

Frostdamage is tricky and seems to be bugged to some degree, my Soulbinder warlock allways got oneshotted at Freyas "Call of winter", even standing behind the Icecone, no clue why, till I read the patchnodes lately.
    " Scourge Warlock, Immolation Spirits: Scourge Warlocks no longer take Everfrost Damage from the damage Immolation Spirits take. "

• Options
    i realised i took off my rust monster during the run I had so maybe with that on it would be enough to survive the cone attack, but I will need to try again. Didn't have a problem with the turtle in comparison though.
  • Options
    abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    There's a dc power which can remove the DoT dmg from hati... (don't remember the power name atm, cleansing thouch maybe, or something like that).

EDIT: cleansing touch is an OP power, DC cleanse (remove all cc effect from an ally) is an heroic feat
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Rust monster, damage debuff weapon enchant (eg. feytouch) run w DC w cleanse, run all azures in def slot .
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.