test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Conspirancy of the Lanolins

rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
This morning I forced myself to run some HEs in BS, something I really hate.
= major HEs completed = 17

= lanolins collected = 0 (zero) = measure of the fun I'm having with this game.

Oltreverso guild leader
Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

Comments

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    wait till you see the hundreds of lano u gonna hafta pay in crafting new weapon..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Lonelywood is better for farming lanolin because the HEs are faster. The only reason to farm BS/CR is if you need the boots/permafrost shard.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    How much better? Like could he have gotten 5 Lanolin in 17 HEs or still 0 but they're faster 0s?

How much better? Like could he have gotten 5 Lanolin in 17 HEs or still 0 but they're faster 0s?

Getting zero lanolin in 17 HEs just means you have terrible luck.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    dodgo said:

wait till you see the hundreds of lano u gonna hafta pay in crafting new weapon..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The new weapon is a craft item? Am I hearing that right?
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

That's the point. If they want to slow down the progress, there are better ways than a RNG.
    Every HE rewards a peanut: when you have 10.000 peanuts, you can collect a lanolin and make an elephant happy.

Insane but with no uncertainties, you can plan your effort and the time to spend every day.

<
    The new weapon is a craft item? Am I hearing that right?

No it isn't, but professions are involved in the process. Afaik, the new set is a reward you get after collecting some items: one of them comes from the professions (and lanolins are involved again).

Oltreverso guild leader
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    U need to fish like a HAMSTER to empower the new set weapons and u need weapon proffession lvl 25 for it. U need lanolins and masterwork items. So the grind continues and wait till ya get to the new end game content. whefffff. Just check preview notes its all there.

Im so happy, not.

Looks like another word needs to make it to the profanity filter.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    wonder what will appear in the zen store to speed up the process or bypass it completely? hmmmm
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Wait a minute, I though everyone loved Heroic Encounters? The devs seem to think we do. Just do 5000 of them and I bet you will get enough Lanolin.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I hate hes and vblood acquisition as a whole, its sad that the vast majority of community has spoken on this and they ignore this feedback.

urabask said:

Some of the rates of returns when I tried was 1 out of 20 or so actual majors dropped 1. So not , its not terrible luck.

Giving one per major he wouldve been acceptable I guess, even though I personally hate hes.
    edited October 2016
    We all know you have terrible luck though ;p

I usually get 2-4 over that many HEs. Not saying that it isn't problematic just that it's something they're not changing. Either just go about it the most efficient way you can or skip it.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    not really, just in the realistic range of drops , so if the range is 1-4 give or take on every 20, some players will get the 4, some 3, some 2 and some 1.. if I did another 20 it should flip. But does it really matter? Doing hundreds and hundreds of HES are one of the worst designs ever. Most of us are very , very tired of them.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

. Most of us are very , very tired of them.

Definitely.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    My problem with that amount of grind is that I play two characters and cryptic does everything in their power so that I have to drop one of them entirely.
    amen God. =P

He is right though, like they literally do not want to have players with more then one.. I played all of my toons in lotro, every class, up to t1 raid level, with 3-4 or so at t2 for goodness sake, all with second age weapons on each one, ever expansion for like 3-4 straight years..

I get to this game and it was actually easier then lotro to play alts.. up to mod 4, then it become a little harder, but then it got a little easier again later on .. until now.. now they dump this HAMSTER on us and basically say, pay for one toon or just GTFO of hamsterville.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016

amen God. =P

He is right though, like they literally do not want to have players with more then one.. I played all of my toons in lotro, every class, up to t1 raid level, with 3-4 or so at t2 for goodness sake, all with second age weapons on each one, ever expansion for like 3-4 straight years..

I get to this game and it was actually easier then lotro to play alts.. up to mod 4, then it become a little harder, but then it got a little easier again later on .. until now.. now they dump this HAMSTER on us and basically say, pay for one toon or just GTFO of hamsterville.

At this point I'm begining to wonder if mod 10 and 11 aren't a social experiment paid by some sort of wicked and mad research psychologist to see how much HAMSTER we can endure during our free time.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'll just send you my lanolin Rapo. I'm not getting any boots to drop from HEs.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited October 2016
    It'll hit at least 25-30k when 10.5 hits. A lot of people skipped the armor but a lot more people will be willing to switch to the new weapons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Proof - price of lanolins then and now, even considering people awarness is rising towards the weapon sets, many, especially causals are still very much clueless so the price shouldn't peak from 13k to over 21k if not already more. Last thing it drops alot less now than before. Not even one lano every 6 encounters in LW.

Fewer people running the HEs would also result in lanolin prices spiking again.

I haven't even set foot in the SKT zones since Siege has been running. Don't have time for both, so I have to pick a priority.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

It'll hit at least 25-30k when 10.5 hits. A lot of people skipped the armor but a lot more peoplwle will be willing to switch to the new weapons.

Masterwork also plays a component in the new weapons but I'm not exactly sure how. It looks like a reagent will be needed to craft the weapons but I haven't seen what is needed to restore the weapons.

Enchanted Loam and Mana Plaster come from MW artificing

Bibliothol and Reliquary wax come from MW Weaponsmithing

** Spoiler Alert** Both of those items require 20 lanolin to attempt to craft with MW
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm not a fan of HE"s and have only done 20-25 in the new content--although I've unlocked 4 boons and completed the campaign. Haven't seen boot or lanolin drop yet.

I'll probably do my first FBI tonight. Been takng the campaign slow. It's a real grind for vblood!
    edited October 2016

urabask said:

It'll hit at least 25-30k when 10.5 hits. A lot of people skipped the armor but a lot more peoplwle will be willing to switch to the new weapons.

Masterwork also plays a component in the new weapons but I'm not exactly sure how. It looks like a reagent will be needed to craft the weapons but I haven't seen what is needed to restore the weapons.

** Spoiler Alert** Both of those items require 20 lanolin to attempt to craft with MW
    Masterwork is not involved in making the weapons. The tasks for the materials you listed come from level 25 Weaponsmithing/Artificing. The only masterwork components are the junk drops from charts like slaked lime and concentrated residuum.

The problem with Relic armor was that no one wanted to empower it and it didn't offer a significant benefit. We've already got PvPers crying about the new weapon base damage and you can bet that all the people that jerk it to the paingiver chart will be aiming for the new weapons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

urabask said:

Masterwork is not involved in making the weapons. The tasks for the materials you listed come from level 25 Weaponsmithing/Artificing. The only masterwork components are the junk drops from charts like slaked lime and concentrated residuum.

The problem with Relic armor was that no one wanted to empower it and it didn't offer a significant benefit. We've already got PvPers crying about how the new weapon base damage and you can bet that all the people that jerk it to the paingiver chart will be aiming for the new weapons.

Good. I'm glad it's not gated behind MW. I am happy that my investment is entirely useless and means nothing any longer in the game.

(If anyone does actually think i'm happy. That is sarcasm.)
    --

edited October 2016

urabask said:

urabask said:

The problem with Relic armor was that no one wanted to empower it and it didn't offer a significant benefit. We've already got PvPers crying about how the new weapon base damage and you can bet that all the people that jerk it to the paingiver chart will be aiming for the new weapons.

Good. I'm glad it's not gated behind MW. I am happy that my investment is entirely useless and means nothing any longer in the game.

(If anyone does actually think i'm happy. That is sarcasm.)
    It should've been obvious to anyone that's paid attention to the way they've handled professions that MW was going to have periods where the investment looks like a waste. Rooting for them to exclusively gate BiS weapons behind it is wishful thinking too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg

lmao the new weapons need masterworks, an maxed pro an loads of lanolin, hahahahaha good luck craptic, just eliminated 75% of the game populations if not more hahahaha to funny

The masterwork materials that you need for each weapon cost all of 5.5k AD and drop so often they can't really increase significantly in price.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I got this new fancy gear from FBI, but I need to restore it. Im not doing anymore of those mind-numbing Heroic Encounters. Please game company, give us alternate paths to get what we need...and Im not talking about using the Auction House.

Since you dont want to make skirmishes anymore, at least give us one Lanolin for each daily quest completed or something like that.

Please dont ever force us again to do Heroic Encounters!!

Heroic Encounters are the scorge of this game to be honest.
    twitch.tv/kaligold