test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] PvE tanking as a conqueror. How to do it?

jackfoxhoundjackfoxhound Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Guard Barracks
As title says I'm searching For ideas and advices For ranking all pve content with a GF conqueror.

How to do it? What traits should I use? What IL is better to do it?
There is particolar equipment should I aim For?

I'm actually a tactician GF 2300. Pretti effective but beacuse I'm working on campaing boons questing in solo with a tactician build is really really boring and slow so I'm thinking on trying to making work a conqueror build For more dps. And of course tank actual dungeon content. Is It possibile?

Thoughts? Better to start tact?

Comments

• abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    It's possible talking about t1 and skirmish with your IL, for CN, demo i easily stared tanking them as conqueror when i've reached 3k
  • jackfoxhoundjackfoxhound Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So it's better waiting For an IL at least 2800 before switching to conqueror?
    edited September 2016
    i suggest you to wait untill you'll have a good companion with atleast r9 bondings, this will grants you enough armpen to focus all your offense slot on crit/power
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I am a GF Conqueror Tank with IL 2500. You can tank content just fine. What I do is this, I have two sets of rings and armor. I swap them based on what I am doing. If I am soloing content I use the DPS focused gear if I am tanking I use my gear that is focused on improving my tanking stats. I also swap out my mount power and companion as needed.

I use Watler augment companion right now when I tank as I am still working on getting the Shield Maiden to EPIC, but once she hits Epic I will have her out with bonding stones.

My DPS companion is the Drow Merc for added Crit and Power and he is out with bonding stone when I do solo content.

I kept active my Blacksmith. That cover 4 of my companions. The last spot I currently have the Man-at-Arms there but will swap him for the Shadow Demon as soon as I get enough TB to buy him or enough AD to buy him in the AH.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

i suggest you to wait untill you'll have a good companion with atleast r9 bondings, this will grants you enough armpen to focus all your offense slot on crit/power

Less arp means less threat which makes you a bad tank. You should always be aiming for 60% resistance ignored regardless as to what feat tree you choose.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    @urabask of course you always need armpen but i was saying that if you have bondings+loyal avenger equip you already have enough armpen (~650*3*2,95= around 6k) this allows you to use all your offensive slot on crit/power. If you use them to stack arm pen you'll never be a good conueror.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

@urabask of course you always need armpen but i was saying that if you have bondings+loyal avenger equip you already have enough armpen (~650*3*2,95= around 6k) this allows you to use all your offensive slot on crit/power. If you use them to stack arm pen you'll never be a good conueror.

Loyal avenger gear only gives you 435 arp per equip. Even with R12 bondings and the legendary bonus you're only getting 3915.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Does PS4 even have the loyal pieces? The "adorable" pieces should be there, but if they are anywhere near as pricy on PS4, as they are on PC, they are not something to even consider getting your hands on. Millions of AD for a few stats you don't absolutely need? No thanks. :)
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016

As title says I'm searching For ideas and advices For ranking all pve content with a GF conqueror.

How to do it? What traits should I use? What IL is better to do it?

There is particolar equipment should I aim For?

I'm actually a tactician GF 2300. Pretti effective but beacuse I'm working on campaing boons questing in solo with a tactician build is really really boring and slow so I'm thinking on trying to making work a conqueror build For more dps. And of course tank actual dungeon content. Is It possibile?

Thoughts? Better to start tact?

The only hings I have not tanked thus far have been MDemo, Tiamat, and CN.

What helps me with tanking as a Conqueror is that I have my gear and enchantments setup as a tank and I swap out Combat Superiority and Steel Blitz personals for Shield Guard and Desperate Survival.

I also change my mount power from 1K increase to Armor Pen/Crit Strike to 2K increase in defense. I than also go from a bonding DPS companion with DPS stats to my augment companion with tanking stats.

My standard DR is around 35% when I make the changes to tank it goes up to 48%+.

I also swap over two encounters. I remove Anvil and replace it with Enforce Threat and swap out Lunging Strike for Knights Valor.

The only issue I have is that I pug things and when you pug you sometimes don't get a healer and that really requires me to be ontop of my daily, artifact use, etc... One wrong move and I'm out of the fight.

It is not like my Paladin that has almost infinite temp HP that I can pretty much keep up all the time. GF require a bit more sill when you don't have a healer and they offer great bonus to the group with ITF and KV which can help keep other players up so they don't die and allows them to focus on damage out or healing.

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Someone ran ACT for me in CN with Blacksmith, it accounted for 150k of damage for the entire run and it's capped at something like 2.5k damage per hit.

From what I can tell if you want to be an effective dps choose Conc, have crit 60-80%, Lostmauth set, normally a Conc's damage comes from his Encounters but to dps in PvE you need to concentrate on critting with at-wills so they proc Lostmauth set as often as possible. I could never run that way but it's just an observation of GF's who do.