test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Taking parties into the Foundry

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
As has been asked about before, are there any plans to fix the bug that throws members of the same party into separate instances in Foundry quests? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, no discernible pattern...and no apparent correlation to whether you are in a Public or Private queue. I have done multiple tests using both, and it looks like a random 50/50 chance that your party members will end up with you, or thrown into a separate instance of the same map. Once you are in separate instances, you can possibly get back together by stepping out into PE through the 'escape hatch' window...but only ONCE. Past that map, that method no longer works, so this is not a guaranteed workaround if you have more than 2 maps in any given project.

The Foundry is such a great tool that is simply not living up to its potential (first any worthwhile rewards, like AD's, were taken away from it, and after several mods and iterations it is now a hobbled, crippled version of its previous glory). It's a crying shame. Authors who meticulously craft creative adventures can't even reliably have more than solo characters run through their projects because of this bug, which has now been in place for over a year.

Comments

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

As has been asked about before, are there any plans to fix the bug that throws members of the same party into separate instances in Foundry quests? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, no discernible pattern...and no apparent correlation to whether you are in a Public or Private queue. I have done multiple tests using both, and it looks like a random 50/50 chance that your party members will end up with you, or thrown into a separate instance of the same map. Once you are in separate instances, you can possibly get back together by stepping out into PE through the 'escape hatch' window...but only ONCE. Past that map, that method no longer works, so this is not a guaranteed workaround if you have more than 2 maps in any given project.

The Foundry is such a great tool that is simply not living up to its potential (first any worthwhile rewards, like AD's, were taken away from it, and after several mods and iterations it is now a hobbled, crippled version of its previous glory). It's a crying shame. Authors who meticulously craft creative adventures can't even reliably have more than solo characters run through their projects because of this bug, which has now been in place for over a year.

Earlier this year they said no work on the Foundry until next year.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It's a pain, but having the person(s) log out and re-log seems to bring them back to the same instance as everyone else.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Prettycelt is listed as having the last post in this forum, at 2:57. But there is no visible post from them at that time.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Careful, you are treading dangerously close to forum secrets.