test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need your opinion

So, I started neverwinter more than 1 week ago, Chose trickster rogue as my first character, didn't choose the right race. Chose half-elf, not really the best option. So is the race reroll worth it? I can't delete him since I am lvl 70 and completed so so many quests. Is it my first piority? Also should I respec him now? or wait for mod 10 to come to consoles, since I heard you get free respect when a module come.

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Its not a priority, i play almost 9 months and i rerolled just 2-3 days ago, its not gonna make you so much better but when you'r trying to get the most out of everything its a thing to do. Also free respec token comes with Elemental Evil campaign i think, every area in campaign gives Symbol of Savras and with 8 of them u can free respec token in the room left from Lord Neverember.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    I am running on Pc since open beta a female Half Elf as Tr, and for me it is the more defensive variant from the Half Orc.
    +1 crit sev and +1 deflect (ok forget the Gold thing).

And again it is more a "how to know" to play the Class (from your other thread, i think you are running a Mi Exe aswell), to maximise the capstone SoD procc (gear, enchants, companions, bondings all these things will come with the time).
    We did a few CN runs in the guild i am in, checking via Act how often SoD proccs between me and other TR from my guildmates (most of them are humans or half orcs) and i was able to double or tripple them.

So my advice is, you could stay easily as Half Elf, or play it as long you have your gear, enchants and other stuff you are looking for and then you can reroll in another class anytime (Drow with the race debuff ability is also a good option)
  • iamfiredup#1157 iamfiredup Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    blur#5900 said:

Its not a priority, i play almost 9 months and i rerolled just 2-3 days ago, its not gonna make you so much better but when you'r trying to get the most out of everything its a thing to do. Also free respec token comes with Elemental Evil campaign i think, every area in campaign gives Symbol of Savras and with 8 of them u can free respec token in the room left from Lord Neverember.

I will have to research about that free respec. Thanks, I think I will just wait
    Post edited by iamfiredup#1157 on
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    As others have undoubtedly mentioned, your iL, skill with the class, and companion with rank 10+ bonding stones will make FAR more of a difference than your chosen race. Race actually matters very little in this game.

If you min/max? Yeah, sure. Otherwise, for that extra 2-3% dps you'd squeeze out of them, is it worth it to stare at a half-orc or similar character? Not in my books, but to each their own.

So if you like the look and feel of your half-elf, stick with it.
    I went with Human and haven't regretted it since, as I like the look of him.
  • swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Keep in mind a respec token is not a race re-roll token. Big diff.