test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

account link blue tiger missing

so My boyfriend and I restarted our characters and seem to run into a minor snag.

we went to get our account link items the illusionist and blue tiger, yet the tiger is missing.

is this intentional? or a bug? Just looking for replies.

we restarted thanks to all the new info and tips from everyone here so we can have a fresh start, and build our character well.

anyway not complaining just seeking to know if anyone saw this issue, or if it's intentional.

Comments

• frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Yeah, noticed it too
    I started a three already with no solid info yet.
    I can say I still have it in my stable.
    Just can't get a new one.

Curious though, why not just respec?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    To my knowledge it was a PS4 launch promotional item. Typically those type of promotional items are removed from games. The illusionist is a promotional but is given if you link your account, therefore should always be there.

• firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    the tiger and illusionist are given from account linking. Which I found weird that one was removed but not both, I also had no AD to respec, and no real money to put o the game yet. It was there till this patch, which they changed it from common to uncommon but stated it was jusr a cosmentic change. Nothing stated it's removal.

not complaining, i got gold from selling everything on two character to buy a pony, just seeing if its a bug or not. And if so report it.
    firosa said:

the tiger and illusionist are given from account linking. Which I found weird that one was removed but not both, I also had no AD to respec, and no real money to put o the game yet. It was there till this patch, which they changed it from common to uncommon but stated it was jusr a cosmentic change. Nothing stated it's removal.

not complaining, i got gold from selling everything on two character to buy a pony, just seeing if its a bug or not. And if so report it.

No they are not. It was just the illusionist. I have friends who did not link their account with the Tiger. The Tiger was free to all PS4 players who logged in and claimed the award. If they removed it, chances are it will be in the Zen shop in the near future for 500 Zen.
    ahh ok, just weird they didn't say anything about the removal, and stuff. I'm not in hyper need of it, just was curious if it was a bug or not.

To my knowledge it was a PS4 launch promotional item. Typically those type of promotional items are removed from games. The illusionist is a promotional but is given if you link your account, therefore should always be there.

Fair enough.

Two thoughts though.

One, shouldn't they have mentioned this?
    They did mention it's rarity eat being adjusted, but that was all.

Two, what about the people who have already claimed it?
    If I start a new toon right now I can't get it, but I can get any other account wide items.

Fair enough.

Two thoughts though.

One, shouldn't they have mentioned this?
    They did mention it's rarity eat being adjusted, but that was all.

Two, what about the people who have already claimed it?
    If I start a new toon right now I can't get it, but I can get any other account wide items.

thats my boat it was just on the items pretty much anyone on ps4, the common to uncommon wasn't anything but making it a green item vs white nothing stated as being removed from claims reward.

• aliceshade#5023 aliceshade Member Posts: 1 New User
    i just linked my account and i haven't gotten anything i got an email saying you get a bonus item and none of my accounts have any new items i even started an new account and nothing at all
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    no game ever mentions removal of promotional items they are there for a set time then they are gone. as Bengal said the companion was linked by account the tiger was a launch special so it was bound to leave.. and as he also mentioned it more than likely will be added later as a purchase.. but I am now and will always believe that everyone doesn't deserve everything they want.. it should belong to the people that were around during the promotion and thats it, if you weren't around you shouldn't get it. but game makers like squeezing money out of people and have no loyalty when it comes to the almighty dollar so we will see it again

i just linked my account and i haven't gotten anything i got an email saying you get a bonus item and none of my accounts have any new items i even started an new account and nothing at all

you have to go to the reclaim vendor on the left side of the top lvl of the main town the guy with the present on his head to claim them they wont be in your inventory.

no game ever mentions removal of promotional items they are there for a set time then they are gone. as Bengal said the companion was linked by account the tiger was a launch special so it was bound to leave.. and as he also mentioned it more than likely will be added later as a purchase.. but I am now and will always believe that everyone doesn't deserve everything they want.. it should belong to the people that were around during the promotion and thats it, if you weren't around you shouldn't get it. but game makers like squeezing money out of people and have no loyalty when it comes to the almighty dollar so we will see it again

OK.
    And for those of us who have been there since day one and want to make a new toon with the Tiger that our account has already claimed?
    Think you're missing that part.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The Electric Tiger has been removed from the Reward Claim Agent. The promotion is over.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

The Electric Tiger has been removed from the Reward Claim Agent. The promotion is over.

Source?
    edited August 2016

Actually they do, every game I played that had promo items stated a start and end date for reclaim, This spans all the way to early intergration of internet connectivity to console systems. And early internet useage on pcs.

No one in this post, nor myself is claiming they deserve it. I just wanted to ask if this was intentional or a bug due to only mention was the change from it being common to uncommon, aka its picture border and text going fro white to green.

Also most youtubers who help promote and gave tips to ps4 players didn't state it was a lauch promo only ending at a date, nor did i see this in any gaming news.

Infact i was around during launch day ps4, just played it lightly as i was still playing ff14, I just restarted my character due to learning more of the game to build a better character due to not having the money, nor ad to do a respec. I just noticed it gon and came here to see if it was a bug or removed.

I'm happy we got some word that it was a short time launch item, and not a bug. Which is what I was asking, as well as others because there was nothing mentioned outsude the common to uncommon switch.

Mod removed some flaming.
    Post edited by kreatyve on

OK.
    And for those of us who have been there since day one and want to make a new toon with the Tiger that our account has already claimed?
    not missing anything sir you want something that was promotional and not available now thats how promotional items work they are there for a short time then they are gone. this is nothing new to MMO's.. all your toons that collected it still have it if you make a new toon today you cant thats just how these things work im sorry if this is new for you but its pretty on par with most games like this
    If you want something to last that might be promotional it has to be in a pack. For instance, the Early Access pack should always be there as I paid for that item, but the Electric Tiger was free. Free items come and go based on the company short term plans with the game. The Tiger was free, but on PC players were paying 500 zen for it.

PS4 players who picked up the mount are lucky and should be happy they got something for free and can enjoy those items. As I stated and Drathmor stated, promotional items, typically free one, come and go. Intellectual Devour companion, is he still available, no, because he was promotional. The Shadow Wolf that you can pick up this weekend, is another promotional item, again will come and go. So relax, play, and have fun.

Any good mmo will cycle through promotional items and some times they do go on sale in the MP.

If you want something to last that might be promotional it has to be in a pack. For instance, the Early Access pack should always be there as I paid for that item, but the Electric Tiger was free. Free items come and go based on the company short term plans with the game. The Tiger was free, but on PC players were paying 500 zen for it.

PS4 players who picked up the mount are lucky and should be happy they got something for free and can enjoy those items. As I stated and Drathmor stated, promotional items, typically free one, come and go. Intellectual Devour companion, is he still available, no, because he was promotional. The Shadow Wolf that you can pick up this weekend, is another promotional item, again will come and go. So relax, play, and have fun.

Any good mmo will cycle through promotional items and some times they do go on sale in the MP.

again no one is stating anything except the sudden disappearebce to an item and asking if it was a bug or intentional, as game companies give out statements or dates of their promo items, or events. It was there till this last patch witch didn't state its removal.

But no one here that i've read is complaining. I;m not, just wonderong if it was a bug so i could report it as such.

Or if it was intentionaly removed, since again nothing was stated. And no news of this game stated the tiger was a short term promo item, just stated you got it free on ps4.

I don't think you and the other guy understand marketing much, to keep thinking people are raging for no reason (or are raging period)

so far in this thread i see no rage. Just people looking for answers.

OK.
    not missing anything sir you want something that was promotional and not available now thats how promotional items work they are there for a short time then they are gone. this is nothing new to MMO's.. all your toons that collected it still have it if you make a new toon today you cant thats just how these things work im sorry if this is new for you but its pretty on par with most games like this

All mmo have clear cut advertisment on how long promo items are around. This include f2p and p2p promo. The tiger didn't have anything noting it was a limited offer same went fior ay news or anything about it.
    I don't think you really understand what is being said and should take a step back, and think before posting.

not one person is angry here, just people looking for answers. :)
    Oh no doubt, I'm relaxed.
    Honestly I don't even use the Tiger anymore.
    I initially was trying to find out if it's was intended to be gone.
    There was no mention of it going away.

To be fair, I believe this is week five on ps4.
    So if it was going away now would be the time.

Regarding the it's was a short time and now gone, that's all mmos bit.
    Yeah, again, no doubt.
    However, typically if your account was around to claim a promo, your account will always have access to it.

At least that was my experience with WoW.
    Honestly, my biggest point is I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes it was being removed.

Yeah, again, no doubt.
    However, typically if your account was around to claim a promo, your account will always have access to it.

Honestly, my biggest point is I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes it was being removed.

same here ff11 and ff14, and tons of f2p mmo. Also tons of video games not mmo.

that's why i made this thread just for a reply if it was a bug or removed intentionally. It was a free mount that is nice to have, not something people are even frothing at the mouth.

none of us here are acting like "entitled" people like those two other posts seem to be painting us as :/ i'm just point that out.

happy we got some reply even if it was a sourceless blunt reply. something better then nothing.
    firosa said:

again no one is stating anything except the sudden disappearebce to an item and asking if it was a bug or intentional, as game companies give out statements or dates of their promo items, or events. It was there till this last patch witch didn't state its removal.

But no one here that i've read is complaining. I;m not, just wonderong if it was a bug so i could report it as such.

Or if it was intentionaly removed, since again nothing was stated. And no news of this game stated the tiger was a short term promo item, just stated you got it free on ps4.

I don't think you and the other guy understand marketing much, to keep thinking people are raging for no reason (or are raging period)

so far in this thread i see no rage. Just people looking for answers.

Maybe you don't understand Terms of Service agreement. You agreed that Perfect at their discretion can remove an item and not tell you. That is exactly what happened. It has nothing to do with Marketing. When I started playing day 1 there was no communication on the free tiger. I noticed it when I was collecting my free companion from linking my accounts. See how that works.

edited August 2016

Yeah, again, no doubt.

WoW was kind enough to allow you to retain your promotional items per account but newer MMOS dont seem to be going that route latly DCUO does the same thing as this game does were the promotional items are only available to the specific toons not the account im not a fan of that system but it seems to be the one they are going with. I do think promotional items should stay limited to people that were around and not sold later but they should also be account bound so that they can be reclaimed as needed for those players.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I have cleaned up the thread of some flaming. Please do not resort to name calling. As for my source, this blog post states that it is no longer available. Closing this thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.