test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pure and Trans Vorpal

divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Have anyone test how the debuff works? as far as i can see, i don't see any ( ) showing the ignored resistence, neither any debuff icon on enemies, my attacks deal the same damage even if there's 10 crits on a row.
Can anyone please illuminate me and tell me if it deal something?
Post edited by divectore on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    "You strike with an additional 50% critical severity. Critical Severity increases the damage your Critical Strikes deal. Your Critical Strikes now reduce your target's Damage Resistance by 2% and Damage by 2%."

Well, it works is exactly like Bronzewood. Just flat % Res.Ignored.

RI for PvE is 59,5%.

Even if you get more, you don't benefit from it.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    If you not a PvP player then I suggest you to downgrade to the regular version (Perfect Vorpal).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

"You strike with an additional 50% critical severity. Critical Severity increases the damage your Critical Strikes deal. Your Critical Strikes now reduce your target's Damage Resistance by 2% and Damage by 2%."

RI for PvE is 59,5%.

Wrong. Once attacker RI>Defender DR, the debuff functions as a 2% boost to effectiveness on act. The debuff acts as a DR debuff, which means it adds with other DR debuffs and multiplies with defense debuffs as well as multiplier debuffs. The pure debuff seldom procs, however the trans debuff always procs even on non crits.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Indeed, damage resistence works as "damage resistence", and it can be in negative numbers, for example, a NPC with 0 damage resistence, you apply mark, and then npc will have -20% resistence to damage, which means you deal 20% more damage to him.

What i do not understand is how this bonus from trans and pure vorpal works, if as a debuff like terror enchant do, or if my critical hits go straight and pierce 2% DR from enemies.
  • Options
    Well.. mess with tooltips......

It's supposed to look like Plague Fire "reducing their Defense".

On that case Dread 4%, Terror 4%, Vorpal 2% outperform Flaming like (3% dmg boost) enchants.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    divectore said:

Indeed, damage resistence works as "damage resistence", and it can be in negative numbers, for example, a NPC with 0 damage resistence, you apply mark, and then npc will have -20% resistence to damage, which means you deal 20% more damage to him.

What i do not understand is how this bonus from trans and pure vorpal works, if as a debuff like terror enchant do, or if my critical hits go straight and pierce 2% DR from enemies.

The vorp debuff works like ray of enfeeblement and does not work like plaguefire or terror. It adds with ray of enfeeblement, combustive action, etc and multiplies with PF. Terror is a bit of an exception because it adds with vorp but its debuff is mitigated twice by defender DR.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2016

RI for PvE is 59,5%.

Wrong. Once attacker RI>Defender DR, the debuff functions as a 2% boost to effectiveness on act. The debuff acts as a DR debuff, which means it adds with other DR debuffs and multiplies with defense debuffs as well as multiplier debuffs. The pure debuff seldom procs, however the trans debuff always procs even on non crits.
    Iirc, the Pure & Trans version of Vorpal was bugged and buffed the enemies instead at one point, was that the case, and if so, when did it get corrected?

*edit: or was it just Pure that was bugged?*
  • Options

RI for PvE is 59,5%.

Iirc, the Pure & Trans version of Vorpal was bugged and buffed the enemies instead at one point, was that the case, and if so, when did it get corrected?
    I can't remember if it did or did not, what I do know is how it is currently functioning at this moment in time.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    divectore said:

It's a debuff that benefits whoever attacks the enemy. However Pure Vorpal has no logic: sometimes it procs even if I've never crit, sometimes I crit and it doesn't proc. On my CW I can manage to keep it up decently, probably because she has many hits per second, while on other classes I seldom see it. I think that it's not even up at the same time for each party member. And, as you said, there is no icon showing the debuff.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    The pure and t.vorpal will simply increase your damage by2% on crits nothing else, no stacks, no party buffs no non crits increase.

• Options
    edited August 2016

The pure and t.vorpal will simply increase your damage by2% on crits nothing else, no stacks, no party buffs no non crits increase.

The 2% on pure only works sometimes (regardless of crit or non crit) and the 2% on trans works all the time on crits and non crits. Instead of reciting the tooltip, try testing the enchant.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

The 2% on pure only works sometimes (regardless of crit or non crit) and the 2% on trans works all the time on crits and non crits. Instead of reciting the tooltip, try testing the enchant.
    I did, i tried with tenebrous power, it was the easiest way and this was what i got, one the first pick my SW with eldricht blast no vorpal, simplyhitting, effectivness= 100%

On the second i made my GF naked but even so it still had 5% crit chance =S, must be the initial crit, this log took quite a while to get because i needed 2 tenebrous power procs before crits, but i ended up getting it. So my conclusion is crits will raise your damage on target by 2% for a long long time, no stacks or at least one of those would have a 104%, no no crit influence, but i was wrong about no party buff and it starts when the first critic started so i dont know what you mean by only working sometimes, i think it works properly, but only after the first crit and by a long amount of time, so am i doing anything wrong?

• Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @treesclimber It's sorted by Effectiveness instead of Time, that's the mistake.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @michela123 you're right, my bad but only the last one, ill make another.

The effectivness increase is not after crits, so yeah it's not crit related, but i find it very weird, tenebrous power effectivness increases after the first crit and keeps up, that was what i used so far to try enchants, not anymore. Another weird thing in this same log even after crits or on crits there is no boost at all for the GF. So basicly or Pure vorpal is completly messed up or act is messed up.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    I have a varying results, but it's weird, my ambush encounter have a 100% chance to use pure vorpals debuff, even if theres no crits, maybe rapid succession hit will make this enchant more efective.