test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fishing... really....

callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
ok for winter event, but it seems quite bugged as a quest...

Comments

• samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Are you saying they have a year round fishing quest? If so, how did I miss that one?
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It's a repeatable in Lonelywood. Not sure how it is bugged. Glowing spots where fish are jumping and sparkly spots where you have to stand to cast. Used up spots still have fish jumping, just no sparkly spot to cast from.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Its bugged because most spots allow you to keep fishing after they are used up, complete with sparkles, message to click to fish and animations...just no fish. Not really sure how they thought this was a good idea anyways.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Not every cast gets you a fish, same as in real life.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    You get three attempts per spot. But only the first attempt works and you have a chance to get a fish. The other two attempts always fails. But you must do the other two attempts to exhaust the spot so it can spawn again. It's real annoying. Hope they fix it soon.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    Change instances when spots are exhausted, helps speed things up
  • bbrightstonebbrightstone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Every Lonelywood map is full of people fishing. you can't get to the spots.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    When winter even comes, upgrade your fishing pole. Also, you can keep it in your bank, it still works anyway.
  • virsalus#4183 virsalus Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Not every cast gets you a fish, same as in real life.

If I want to fish like in real life, I either go fishing in real life or play a fishing simulator. Same goes for the whiteout simulation they came up with in Bryn Shander on release of the new mod. It does NOT add to the game.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Fishing sucks. Fishing with the RNG sucks worse. Fishing with the RNG and non-functional nodes sucks even worse than that. Fishing with the RNG and nonfunctional nodes while having to compete for spots is purely miserable. JUST TAKE THIS OUT OF THE GAME.