test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defence resistance

cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Hi
Soon gf buff will be destroyed and i'm thinking what next. Probably i end my game or i try play tank. Now i can tank all dung with my buff but maybe better option will be change skills and path only for tank. Actually i have "tactician" path but after patch i change for protector. My question is how much now (and after mod10) is maximum defence res? For example if i have 100% def res, how much res is real working?

Comments

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I'm not sure why people think Tactician is dead. I'm perfectly happy tanking/buffing away with my Tact build even on preview.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    And if you're looking at optimizing your game, you shouldn't really go past the 80% of DR.

Although I must admit I'm not too sure which path is best to go with defensive slots.

I mean I do understand that HP never hurts but getting 8k more HP is kinda meh...
    On the other hand getting more deflect seems arguably better than HP, maybe? possibly? :)

I went with HP and let's see how it goes.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    @kemi1984 on preview i've tryied going full deflect (60% dmg res +negation) and reached 95% def chance (100% with armored bulette), now i'm still testing the build but i've noticed that using steel defense or not didn't make any difference on the new dungeon, it's really really hard to survive.
    tested also CN which seems to be very easy with all that deflection, if a dc/op keep heal, you can survive orcus hit without setting shield on.
    lemme know how the HP build goes, i still have many doubt about new gf's settings.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    But tell me how it working when i have 80% DR from eq + 10% buff from chicken + 20% from protector Iron Guard, on this few second i have 100% and no damage on me, or it's doesnt work and i have still only 80%.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

And if you're looking at optimizing your game, you shouldn't really go past the 80% of DR.

Although I must admit I'm not too sure which path is best to go with defensive slots.

I mean I do understand that HP never hurts but getting 8k more HP is kinda meh...
    On the other hand getting more deflect seems arguably better than HP, maybe? possibly? :)

If you are trying to argue deflect is better than HP its time you review some numbers >.>
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    You're confusing your dmg resistance with dmg debuff, chicken and protector capstone apply a debuff on enemies dmg
    OK now i understand. Last question, bonding rune after patch will be good option if you have 80%DR? (bonding for rust monster only in pt dung)
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    HP is the most important stat for next mod after def. 180k hp and only 25% deflect makes new dungeon exponentially easier.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Deflect % chance @ GF's 50% deflect severity is only better than equivalent increase in HP at astromical (multiple millions) incoming damage values.

At these high incoming damage values, the deflect % chance is irrelevant as you will be a goner from the hit anyway.

Tl;dr: HP > deflect% for Guardian Fighters.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    kemi1984 said:

I doing exactly that right now with my GF. I'm looking forward to 2x RP, but essentially all my defense slots have Silvery enchants in them now. I'm liking the deflect so far, but making sure my HP is high enough. Once my gear is up a bit I should be able to move my guild boon from defense to HP....although I'll miss the stupid high buffs, one thing I do like is building a more well rounded character. I'm even using a Shadow Demon now cause I don't need the defense from bonding either to hit 80% so now my power is much higher.
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Deflect % chance @ GF's 50% deflect severity is only better than equivalent increase in HP at astromical (multiple millions) incoming damage values.

At these high incoming damage values, the deflect % chance is irrelevant as you will be a goner from the hit anyway.

Tl;dr: HP > deflect% for Guardian Fighters.

I think you are doing the calculations while forgetting that you will be using guard most of the time. If you don't plan on using guard much, then deflect would be better.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @oliboyph both with and without active guarding, HP > deflect chance until multiple millions. But, yes, active guarding does make deflect chance and even worse option when compared to equivalent HP.
    So ppl in your opinion how much def, deflect and hp need gf after patch? (I ask about approximate and example)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Deflect is, for the intents and purposes of the current achievable stat curves, always worse than HP and defense in PVE.
    Ok now i use GF sigil, white dragon heart, Waters of Elah'zad and fire symbol maybe better options is oghma instead fire?
    edited August 2016
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@oliboyph both with and without active guarding, HP > deflect chance until multiple millions. But, yes, active guarding does make deflect chance and even worse option when compared to equivalent HP.

Yes, the millions of damage being dished out in a dungeon as a whole. Per encounter you will probably just take in around 1mil damage (very high estimate with KV in mind). Run that through 80% DR and it's just 200k, run that through guard again and that's just 40k total. You also have to add up that having more hp gives your healer as well as your own sustain activities more room to work with.

If you think about it, heavily mitigating damage naturally directly impacts the effectiveness of deflect. Plus, I've already tried running the new dungeon with different builds. So far, the extra HP helps more than when I added deflect. Then again, maybe it's just my playing style.

Anyway you can always run with deflect and if you find that it's not effective, at least it's easy to trade silvery for radiants.

So ppl in your opinion how much def, deflect and hp need gf after patch? (I ask about approximate and example)

Even without intentionally adding deflect stats to your gears or boons you should still easily hit 25% deflect. IMO this is enough.
    Post edited by oliboyph on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I'm not sure why people think Tactician is dead. I'm perfectly happy tanking/buffing away with my Tact build even on preview.

tactician is the best utility tree i dont understand too why they say that.
    inspiring leader feat and the capstone when gf takes damage give action points to his allies. NOTE the amount of action points is based on gf damage resistance that means for that tree need good damage resistance.

ALSO the feat daunting light which make marked targets to deal 10% lesser damage to allies and the united feat 5% lesser damage allies 30 .

when i see all those i cant even thnk to go protector just for the 20% reduce incoming damage?

tactician is the best utility tree i dont understand too why they say that.
    inspiring leader feat and the capstone when gf takes damage give action points to his allies. NOTE the amount of action points is based on gf damage resistance that means for that tree need good damage resistance.

ALSO the feat daunting light which make marked targets to deal 10% lesser damage to allies and the united feat 5% lesser damage allies 30 .

when i see all those i cant even thnk to go protector just for the 20% reduce incoming damage?
    I agree, but I think players who go Protector still get Daunting Challenge and United
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I've been a Tact GF forever and I don't see that changing at all. When the patch comes hit 80% DR then you pretty much have to start moving stats around. For me, after the patch, I have radiants in my armor (which will stay), along with various recovery/crit. I'll be dumping my rising defense ring as I don't need the extra defense anymore and will switch to power or crit ring. Same with the bonding stone companion, I'll be changing out all the defense enchants for recovery/power/crit. My ITF is up 100% of the time along with having 200k+ hitpoints while in a group.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited August 2016

kemi1984 said:

If you are trying to argue deflect is better than HP its time you review some numbers >.>
    I'm not arguing Deflect is better, I'm sure you've noticed the question mark ?:)

Just started the new content, haven't seen the new dungeon yet. I do hope it forces players to be less reckless and more patient/careful with what they do in the instance.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    But tell me with artifact is better symbol of fire http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Symbol_of_Fire
    or oghma
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Oghma%27s_Token_of_Free_Movement
    Now i use fire symbol, sigil gf, white dragon heart, Waters of Elah'zad. This art is good or maybe change?
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    If you go Protector or Tactician , go Swordmaster, roll a Halfling or Dwarf , Max Con and STR , and insert Yellows(HP) in Defense Slot and Silvers in Offenses(AP gain+Shorter Cooldowns) and get yourself a Trans Briartwine and probably a T Plague as well for debuffing(or maybe a T.Lifedrinker?). Use Supremacy of Steel and Fighters Recovery , use guarded assault and Steel Defense(5 secs inmunity iirc) and keep your shield Up as much as you can... for encounters ITF,KV and Enforced Threat... for boons just go as defensive as you can and keep your Shield Up... if you did it correctly everything will just melt as they hit you, you will be reflecting back so much more...
    Even for PVP this Build is effective... so enjoy....
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    *3 seconds, 3,5 seconds at Rank IV after this mod, friend.*
    ok thx i end my game
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User

ok thx i end my game

Why actually?
    The game itself keeps same level of difficulity; Is it because of SD nerf only?

In my opinion now gf if boring. After i want all to def and big dmg bonus for pt. Now is doesnt metter if you play 2 months or 2 yers, you have the same bonus att. When you have useful skills for rank 4 its done, now you must only farming AD for better eq and weak pets.
    Compare class, players who play 2 months GWF is n..ob who play 2 years is pro gamers. But gf 2 months or 2 years, have the same bonus, you can only change eq but now you are not a gf buff, now its boring tank with weak buffs.
    Where is balance now?

Funny when i go to city, all time i see ppl who still looking gf for pt, but they forgot a lot of gf's end his game, because they felt betrayed.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    bondings dont transfer HP right? so putting deflect in the defensive slots can easily get you up around 40-50% defense without trying (for higher gear builds).

From what i hear (haven't played myself) that the new dungeon hits hard, so tactician will be good in there (since AP generated = % damage taken. Unless that has changed.)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    No, it has not changed and yes, tacticians are pretty good to have in fbi.