test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Fangbreaker Island (Loot Edition)

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers, Asterdahl here! As many of you may already know, Fangbreaker Island is now up and accessible on the preview shard! Some of you enterprising souls have already conquered the challenge. Please use this thread for providing feedback and bug reports on loot you obtained in the dungeon.

If you're looking to provide feedback on the bosses, environment or any other part of the dungeon, please see: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: FANGBREAKER ISLAND

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When our party defeated the dragon turtle, no loot dropped.

Feedback: I felt like the loot that dropped off of the dragon turtle was not worthwhile.

Thank you for taking the time to check out the preview build, and thank you for taking the time to hop on the forums and give us your feedback.

Known Issues on Preview:

• An issue wherein bosses in Fangbreaker Island do not drop any loot.
  • An issue wherein some loot that should be per-player is dropping and requiring a loot roll.

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

The loot quality will have to be significantly higher than this to get people to continue to run this dungeon. For reference, Castle Never has a chance to drop rank 8s as well. My team can run Castle Never in 10 minutes. That same team takes 30-40 minutes to run Fangbreaker. That means, we can do 3-4 CNs in the time it takes to do 1 Fangbreaker, which means for the loot of Fangbreaker to be comparable, it needs to be 3-4 times as good. My suggestion is all 3 bosses have a guaranteed salvage drop that ranges in value from 4-6k (which means you get 12-18k from the salvage) 1 guaranteed rank 8 in either chest (which range in value from 2k-30k) and a chance at a rank 9. Alternatively, it would also be nice if the gear pieces from Fangbreaker were unbound. Alternatively, if the dungeon dropped epic stronghold vouchers, that would also be great.

With the current loot table you are proposing however, once people have finished farming their gear, there will be no reason to run Fangbreaker. I am sure this is not what you want. What I find unsatisfying is how rewarding the new events are, (for example, summer festival, siege event) compared to all other content in the game. There is no challenge to farming those events at all, anyone can do it. There is absolutely 0 risk and yet the payout is so much higher than any of the dungeons in the game. Considering you would actually have to work hard for any reward in Fangbreaker, its loot should out class seasonal events anyhow.

Copied from the other thread.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I felt like the loot that dropped on the dungeon was not worthwhile.

The dungeon takes something like 4x longer than CN, so the loot needs to be atleast 4x better and keep in mind that the loot in CN already feel kinda "meh". Low droprates on legendary items, and most of the times I never use the keys because the loot is not even worth taking... And when the players do that - you have a BIG problem.

Ive done CN over 150-200 times by now and got only 1 legendary ring and it was the one I didnt want or need. I never seen the artifact drop in any of my parties. Shame on you. Its just a big tease and you always end up with nothing or something you dont want. And same goes for EDEMO. Probably ran that 200 times too and no legendary.

Also the new purple rings are not BiS so they are already obsolete before its even live.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So here is my feedback to you @asterdahl

Dungeon Rewards/Loot:

Reading some of these posts on here is very clear to me players do not want to up the IL if they are not guaranteed something worth while as well as to have a chance at obtaining some very nice epic/legendary items THAT ARE UNBOUND. Which I couldn't agree with more. I am a 3.5k IL and if you expect me to play this and get things like Superior Potions of Healing, 2 Copper, a +1 Ring of Vanishing Presence, and an Uncommon piece of gear that doesn't even go to my class, then it is not worth my time. I want a chance as well as a GUARANTEE to get something that wants to make me grind my life away on here to obtain something cool like people have mentioned. Rank 8 enchantments are not up to par, CN rewards similar to this will defiantly not make me play this at all considering how bad the rewards are.

If 3.1k Item level is going to be a requirement then add some unique rewards like some high quality epic items from bosses, as well as a decent chance to obtain legendary items. I don't want to see Uncommon, Unidentified or Rare items at all on my screen if this is going to be over a 3k Dungeon. Nothing has pushed me farther away from running anything than running a CN and getting some **** rare items that doesn't even go to my class. For real. I don't just mean Legendary Rings, but Legendary Artifacts, and Epic Level 35 Artifact Gear. Even a Chance at scoring an Epic or Legendary Mount. Those chances alone would make me spend HOURS on it, knowing I can obtain some unbound items like that and make some AD! Or heck, use the artifact gear I obtain and save it for Double RP!

So to sum up what I said,

-MAKE ITEMS THAT YOU GET UNBOUND!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

-Change Rank 8 Enchantment to Rank 9 Enchantment. (Also do not limit these Enchantments just to Runestones)

-Add a Chance to Obtain Epic +3, +4, or +5 Rings. Enough of the Rare or Uncommon Items as this draws players away from running anything, especially a Dungeon of this caliber. This is an Epic Dungeon, not a Rare Dungeon, or an Uncommon Dungeon so i expect to see some REAL rewards not an Uncommon Paladin Off-hand that is bound. This goes for running even ELOL. When do you ever see a Golden Belt of Puissance Drop? it's an Uncommon Item!

-Add a chance to obtain a random level 35 Waist and Neck Artifact Gear. This would help a lot as this alone could help players progress their characters as well as make them sell the unwanted items they get in dungeons for AD and then perhaps eventually get the item they want with AD through the AH if perhaps it does not drop in the Dungeon.

-Allow Players to have a decent chance at obtaining a spectrum of Legendary Items and Epic Items. This doesn't just go for armor or gear, but mounts, special rings, artifacts, companions, etc.

The game is starting to go in a right direction, and you can start with dungeons by not only bringing back the old dungeons in Epic form, (or even make them Legendary Dungeons and make them higher IL like 3.5k), but allow these same sort of rules apply to them. Like @defiantone99 said, the game is really lacking hard in overall rewarding content. (This goes for mostly every single Dungeon) So bringing back old dungeons, as well as making them Epic and scoring some nice unbound Epic and Legendary rewards would make it worth while. Seriously please take into consideration all of these points I have listed if you seriously want players playing this game and the content that you create at all.

Copied from other thread
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Feedback: Use the original CN as a template. Without exploits it was decently difficult to do and after each run you knew at least 1 high level item would drop (not a chance). This is important because while RNG is great for your percentages on a loot table it is very frustrating to run a 30 min activity and walk away feeling like no one in your party got something nice. If there is any chance that all 5 players could walk away with only a +1 ring and a peridot, you need to adjust. I remember being excited to open a chest at the end because maybe there was that set piece you were looking for. That feeling hasn't been around for quite a while. For what it is work, rank 7 enchantments should be guaranteed with rank 8 being fairly common and rank 9 more rare. Blue drops should be non existent in this high of a dungeon

"we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    It's obviously too late to change this, but I dislike story progression being limited to epic group content. A lot of players are playing Neverwinter because we enjoy the Forgotten Realms setting and its characters. It's normal for casual/low-skilled players to miss out on defeating the big villain if they can't complete the epic dungeon or raid. However, it's frustrating if other parts of the storyline, like the death or departure of beloved non-player characters, are accessible only to a minority of players. I'm being somewhat vague here because I've only gleaned a bit of what happens in Fangbreaker and I don't want to spoil even that bit.

If story progression has to be behind group content, it should be casual group content.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My feedback is simple, make the dropped gear BoE not BoA. Sorry, I can not edit color on my cellphone.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Feedback Fangbreaker island loot
    <font color=cyan>My feedback continues much the same with just some changes:
    1. Final loot chest should bring a lucky charm/ wand that would increase the chance of other dungeons to drop very rare loot and also a chance if failed to get a very rare loot receive a additional salvage item. To incentivate all content to be run, not just a dungeon.

2. Drop Elemental elven/ elemental black ice equipment as BoE loot, it would stablish in the AH so begginers could purchase it and we still profit from it.

3.Remove rewards like ten towns supplies for example, if the campaign is done why do we need it? Instead had a chance to get preservation wards/coalescent wards/gmops/smops.

</font>

P.s. Phones don't like blue ^^
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Fang Breaker: Loot

I ran the dungeon- It took a while like most dungeons do when you're getting a feel for the bosses(Mobs). Now that I've run it I can say I'm not only disappointed with you expecting me to actually wear this 1hr timer gear to do this dungeon or grind out for it at all. I put on 1 piece of the gear from the T-bar store and it was plenty good enough. I go no AD from the dungeon completion and the only useful thing I got for someone who wasn't planning on using this craftable gear and needing voninblood was 1 flawless sapphire. :D

Bug: Do the other bosses actually drop loot?! I got nothing from any of them other than the chest at the final boss.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Is there even a BoE rare drop in FBI? Something like the shard in CN/horn in elol? As much as we all want better normal rewards it's still nice to have something that will sell for 3m+ so that you can have that, "Oh **** look at what just dropped", moment in guild/party chat.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @urabask the manticore tallon I think but having no set it wont be very valuable, horn price maybe less.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

@urabask the manticore tallon I think but having no set it wont be very valuable.

I'd assume the talon drops from the lockbox that has the manticore in it ...
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    two30 said:

It's obviously too late to change this, but I dislike story progression being limited to epic group content. A lot of players are playing Neverwinter because we enjoy the Forgotten Realms setting and its characters. It's normal for casual/low-skilled players to miss out on defeating the big villain if they can't complete the epic dungeon or raid. However, it's frustrating if other parts of the storyline, like the death or departure of beloved non-player characters, are accessible only to a minority of players. I'm being somewhat vague here because I've only gleaned a bit of what happens in Fangbreaker and I don't want to spoil even that bit.

If story progression has to be behind group content, it should be casual group content.

This was actually one flaw for a not-insignificant chunk of players in the levelling zones as well, ultimately alleviated to a large degree by the ability to enter and complete the non-epic dungeons solo (though skirmishes with parts of the story incorporated, not so much).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Loot quality

The loot quality has to be better than rank 8s and campaign currencies, leave out the uncommon and rare gear pieces from this dungeon. And every boss has to have a guaranteed drop of either epic salvage or RP etc. and chances for GMOPs, SMOPs, etc. This thing that some Epic bosses dont have a guaranteed Epic loot drop + chance drop is more than silly...CN..krmh...and others.

The benefits of running dungs with a main toon has to reach to the alts.

So unless the items that drop are not helping a main or alts to gear up faster to 3.1k or grant more effective gear/more AD, why invest only for an IL boost of one toon to run content that has no significant rewards?.

And toons going to run the FBI will already have, or close, to these items:

-some or all legendary artigear/wpns
    -legendary/mythic artis
    -r9< enchs
    -major armor/gear kits
    -greater/perfect wpn and armor enchs

I myself run mostly on 1 toon so the alting does not affect me that much, although it sucks to just waste a couple of million AD on almost pure IL, if i want to go to FBI when the campaign is done.

2.8k to 3.1k, just to get to FBI, atm its not worth it, not even close, with the current FBI loot table.

Hopefully you come up with something that the around 2.5k ish crowd wants to go for that 3.1k mark to gain access to FBI, atm its not looking too good.

PS. As mentioned before, the epic dungeons loot tables are way out there, these are epic dungeons, master dungeons, and we get peridots, copper, uncommon and rare unidentified gear, some epic bosses drop nothing???

someone better start doing something about it and now is the chance, dont make the same mistakes with the FBI chests and bosses.

Hope you figure something out.

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    *More SPOILERS* (Don't Read)
    two30 said:

What I said earlier on the other Fangy Island post was somewhat confirm'd on today's LIVE Stream. For now this ending can remain for those that did the dungeon. Once the story continues, everyone can find out what happen'd.

*Now stab your brain with a QTip to help you forget.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I agree completely with the other folks. If this is what the devs think is fair rewards for gearing up to 3.1k to run this dungeon then this game is in serious trouble. Anyone with that ilvl already has r9+ enchants. A chance for an r8? This has to be a joke right?

They really need to up the rewards for this dungeon, and the other ones in game. With the constant removal of AD generating activities and the massive amounts of RP required to take artifact equipment to legendary you really need to put things in place to that allow players to advance to the higher ilvl tiers. Not doing that will only continue the player exodus.

Give players a reason and incentive to progress, and give them ways of doing it that don't involve purchasing zen!

Also, another important piece of feedback: this ugly blue feedback color is almost unreadable on my y in phone screen. Is there a way to change this to make reading these types of posts less eye-strainy?

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    fun, challenging but not rewarding? sounds like a dungeon that will be short lived... Grey Wolf Den is one of those fun, challenging but not rewarding instance, and see what happen?I dont remeber anyone asking to run that dungeon in months...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Can any1 confirm any new worthwhile loot drops from the bosses since the new patch?
    And dont say that a stupid chance for a peridot is loot because it could be coming from your mount insignia bonus.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Add some valuable BoE and/or unbound rewards to new dungeons, and I hope to old dungeons too, but with daily/weekly time limit. This will greatly limit farming but players will still have strong motive to re-run dungeons. It will encourage players to play various dungeons instead of only speed farming the most profitable dungeon. If players want more than one valuable reward per day/week per dungeon, then they must play an alternate character (which is another way to challenge us).
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    urabask said:

Is there even a BoE rare drop in FBI? Something like the shard in CN/horn in elol? As much as we all want better normal rewards it's still nice to have something that will sell for 3m+ so that you can have that, "Oh **** look at what just dropped", moment in guild/party chat.

Problem is that once they do add something like that, its almost like a "bait and switch" situation. The RNG droprate is so low that most people never see the item.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Guaranteed purple vouchers for the stronghold would be awesome as an additional drop to salvage, and don't gate these vouchers behind the chest, they just drop and are auto picked up from the last boss.

-edit- It would be nice if we could donate campaign currency from the Underdark campaign (demonic ichor, faerzress) and the Ten Town supplies from SKT to the guild mimic so that we can help the guild out by doing content newer than over a year old. if i want rings from CN or edemo i have to stop doing anything that helps my guild and it sucks to have to make that decision
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    Unbound vouchers. I don't belong to a guild why would I run that dungeon if the vouchers will have a weight over the other rewards? If vouchers are introduced they need to be unbound.

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    RP or the current t1/t2 loot doesnt fit in the lootable of this dungeon in my opinion. I guess alsmost no one has a use for the epic equip you can get in FBI except for AD but this wont let us feel rewarding. Like some other have already mentioned above if you want AD, CN is a much better way of getting them. RP and R8s doesnt feel rewarding for this difficulty of the dungeon, especially R8s are not needed if someone has 3.1k+ ilvl.
    The FBI lootable should focus on the needs of high end players which are probably mounts(combat powers, equip powers), companions, weapon/armor enchants, maybe arifacts or fashion.
    My suggestion:
    Make some really rare BoE/BoA loot like epic mounts, artifacts, combat powers, equip powers, or even mounts, something that feels rewarding after running this dungeon 100 of times. It doesnt need to have a high chance to drop. It just needs to give us a reason for running it over and over again otherwise players will lose interested after finishing it 10 times.
    OR:
    Make an shop for new seals where you can trade the seals (you get them in FBI) for rewarding stuff like epic mounts, epic companions, artifacts etc. or even some unique stuff like the old T2 sets or just fashion. The same thing you did with the seals of the protector.
    All in all the lootable should be more than just salvage the loot and getting AD.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Make an shop for new seals where you can trade the seals (you get them in FBI) for rewarding stuff like epic mounts, epic companions, artifacts etc. or even some unique stuff like the old T2 sets or just fashion. The same thing you did with the seals of the protector.
    All in all the lootable should be more than just running to the vendor and getting AD.

I really like the sound of this idea with the special seals. I'd like the chance to get a legendary mount speed increase or if I can buy special fashion, and or something to sell or otherwise I'd be incentivized running it. Lets face it.. If I'm running a t3 dungeon I don't need seals of the elements or seals of the protector. I just salvage all of that gear anyway and If I wanted salvage I'd be running etos. :/
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

All in all the lootable should be more than just salvage the loot and getting AD.

Add Underdark +5 rings to that, even for a ridiculously high amount of seals. We need finally some reliable way to get them :C
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    f they add a third tier of seal, the number of seals you gain from Fangbreaker would have to be painfully low to match. Though if FBI is always going to take 5 times longer than Castle Never to finish, I suppose the gains being similar to Protector would be okay.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    I believe the biggest problem on this game is when you add the phrase "A chance to get...." on the tool tip. Each time I read that phrase I know is going to fail because when they say "a chance" the odds are so extremly and unrealistically low that you can be sure you will never get it. If you want the people to play the dungeons you have to give the players a real reward EACH TIME they play the dungeon, so they know it worth the effort. I truelly don't see a single reason to do this dungeon to anyone above 3500 IL because they will know that every single thing they find on the chest is not going to help them and if its bounded they can't even sell it either. At the end that means the PLAYERS GET NO REWARD AT ALL for playing the end game dungeons. Dungeons has been always a farming place, that got head-shoted with a bazooka at Mod 6 and since then the game just got worse at each sucesive mod.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    kacezet said:

hastati96 said:

Add Underdark +5 rings to that, even for a ridiculously high amount of seals. We need finally some reliable way to get them :C
    underdark rings should come from underdark content. if i can run FBI and get them guaranteed after enough runs i am never doing edemo or CN again unless it is for fun. Make the rings cost 20k demonic ichor (mod 10 has removed to 400 per week earning cap) and put them in a shop and make the rings BoA but bind to character when they are equipped. That is fair i think to make the +5 rings that drop 'better' in that they stay moveable between characters
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

So, I just ran fangbreaker again a few times on preview and nobody got any boss drops despite the fact that the patchnotes lists boss drops as now existing. Don't get me wrong, they might, but even if they do, they are still far too infrequent to justify running the dungeon.