test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] What approach do we want to take with CW balance changes?

12346»

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Ya, that is just plain biased and silly. GWFs have one rotation that they must do perfectly to do damage. Saying it is just left click is offensive and shows l2p issues with your CWs.

Explain the rotation and explain what it does.
    Then explain the rotation of the CW and explain what it does.
    Compare the two. Compare the damage of the two. Compare the best-case scenario to the worst case scenario.

Furthermore, hopefully you do realize that playing a GWF is far easier than playing a CW, correct? There's a difference between a bit of exaggeration and caricature to that of being biased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4c-z9H0gA
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    For me it's much easier to play the CW than the GWF. They are both my best geared chars.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Ya, that is just plain biased and silly. GWFs have one rotation that they must do perfectly to do damage. Saying it is just left click is offensive and wrong.

: \

You can screw up and do decent damage with either class. Neither of them require the kind of precision in timing that anyone in this thread is implying.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I dont think need nerf anything on CW.
    Today, CW are most nerfed class in Neverwinter over all mods.

Nerfs:

2) Disintegrate. This hits about as hard as Ice knife which is a daily power, either its Cooldown will be massively increased, or its damage will be halved. I would like to see its tab mechanic reworked as well.
    3) Spell Twisting. Completely kills CW cooldowns and eliminates recovery. Used by almost all CWs. I imagine it would be decreased to 5% per stack.

If you do this, will kill all Master of Flames.
    It is one advantage of this class path.

BUT, Spell Twisting can be linked with Recovery to be more balanced.
    -Spell Twisting: 1000 Recovery = 10% per rank (on stack, max 3 stacks)-

Dont bully Desintegrate, it is a good power working very fine.

3) Imprisonment. Make it no longer a channeled power, make it slow nearby enemies.

Imprisonment only need work.
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Wouldn't nerfing Spell Twisting just knock us further down the dps chart. I had to put points into a tree i didnt want just to get that feat, i think thats a fair trade
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User

for example, a pure DPS class which gets 95% reduction on damage in dungeons. This is exactly what control wizard has in terms of his controlling powers.

Im saying this for one year or more. But, nobody listens me :'(
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    urabask said:

Ya, that is just plain biased and silly. GWFs have one rotation that they must do perfectly to do damage. Saying it is just left click is offensive and wrong.

: \

You can screw up and do decent damage with either class. Neither of them require the kind of precision in timing that anyone in this thread is implying.
    Absolutely wrong. CW's the only class in the game that absolutely needs to time all the spells in order to get the maximum potential. If the timing's not practiced, CW will terribly underperform, in other words the player would be considered a very bad CW. You simply can't do "Decent damage", whatever that means, unless your timing is spot on. CW needs to nuke in a manner of 2 sec time-span sometimes, and sometimes even less than that.
    Every group, every enemy, every role needs to be calculated prior to engaging. Every debuff and buff needs to be applied prior to engaging.

Other classes do not need that type of calculation since they can spam their powers in whatever order they please, it'll still be a very high damage, notably due to the OP Encounters/Powers which tend to get a bit overused.

In other words, other classes, especially DPS, need not to understand the mechanics of the game nor what's the best strategy, they can know absolutely nothing, pay to get great gear and items, and just headbutt with three powers whatever they choose.

Such classes have INVULNERABILITY powers, meaning that they can continue spamming their encounters and spells because they get touched by GodMode for a brief period of time, which is okay for melee, but since Wizards themselves are also Melee nowadays, despite having Orbs and Ranged damage, how is that fair towards Wizards to begin with?
    Wizard's shifting power is the weakest due to a weird animation step at the end of the teleport, usually leading to the death of Wizard who, despite moving away from the red circle, still died because the animation didn't finish properly.

Spare me of that
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language