test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happen to Daily Foundry Quest?

izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
Hello, I'm return player.

Few years ago there is a Kolbold that give out daily foundry quest each day. I tried to make new char lv15 and don't see daily Foundry Quest anywhere? does anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    They are long gone. They felt that daily quests where too confusing to new players, and somehow unfair. So now you can only get AD by doing approved group content. That being dungeons, skirmishes, and PVP.
  • Options
    aw....so there is less reason to do Foundry now?
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    izolda said:

aw....so there is less reason to do Foundry now?

There's no reason to do them other than story, they generate zero gameplay affecting rewards.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    That's disappointing, that means they took out great portion of content of this game :( It's like saying "hey did you know this game has dungeons, oh by the way you get no reward so don't try this content, we just have it there for fun to look at" >_>
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    There's plenty of stuff in these foundry quests... but it's all junk treasure compared to their official content... but the adventures can be a lot better. After all.. it's not really about having the best equipment and magic stuff... it's supposed to be about having fun playing the hero ... or something like that. Anyways.. in my foundry creations, I often create some "magic" item found in the quest..that's needed later on. Yeah, it's not a real, in-game, magic item; but for purposes of the adventure, It can work just about the same way or even better. Using the editor, you can have things appear or disappear, you can require a particular item to open up dialogues... or have monsters jump out ... there's lots of options.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Rhix is still there. He just got fired from doing anything official.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    they took the quests down, as yet another way to make the foundry more and more ignored...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    So... don't ignore it. Just because they don't support the foundry is no reason for us not to...
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    During the leveling process, the gear found in the end chest is actually useful. At end game it isn't perceived as "lucrative" for people to participate. It can, however, be used for Surplus Equipment donations for the Stronghold coffer. There's a culture of "farming" or "zerging" where players have out geared content and they complete it as fast as possible to get the reward. That mentality doesn't jive well with the storytelling concepts found in UGC.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
This discussion has been closed.