test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF's Sprint is not ignoring speed reducing effects.

2»

Comments

• brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    pando83 said:

And in fact, TRs can stall and fight for long times vs a GWF.

That sentence there, defines my thinking really and is what makes the daily balanced. Let me elaborate:
    TR's at the state they are now CANNOT duel GWF's at all (equally geared) without a daily power, either SE or CB (usually), why is that? We have very low defensive stats, the only thing in our favour is the deflect severity but we have decent damage on 1v1, the problem here is that GWF currently has HIGH defence AND HIGH damage output, this makes the ground incredibly umbalanced for TR's, and that is why we have to stall fights, most of the time, it is going to be to farm AP to use a daily, then we try for real, otherwise the TR is going to have a bad time.
    Now if you want to remove this feature, fights against GWF are going to be even worse, because you know the sprint is FASTER than a 110% horse, so you can get really far away from the TR and wait for it to run out, wich makes the daily useless.
    BUT if they decide to make a small buff to TR general damage, I would accept to have the sprint ignore a portion of the slow (50%, maybe?) there, it would be much more fair, otherwise, I can't see the reason for it to happen.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    brun2000 said:

pando83 said:

And in fact, TRs can stall and fight for long times vs a GWF.

That sentence there, defines my thinking really and is what makes the daily balanced. Let me elaborate:
    TR's at the state they are now CANNOT duel GWF's at all (equally geared) without a daily power, either SE or CB (usually), why is that? We have very low defensive stats, the only thing in our favour is the deflect severity but we have decent damage on 1v1, the problem here is that GWF currently has HIGH defence AND HIGH damage output, this makes the ground incredibly umbalanced for TR's, and that is why we have to stall fights, most of the time, it is going to be to farm AP to use a daily, then we try for real, otherwise the TR is going to have a bad time.
    Now if you want to remove this feature, fights against GWF are going to be even worse, because you know the sprint is FASTER than a 110% horse, so you can get really far away from the TR and wait for it to run out, wich makes the daily useless.
    BUT if they decide to make a small buff to TR general damage, I would accept to have the sprint ignore a portion of the slow (50%, maybe?) there, it would be much more fair, otherwise, I can't see the reason for it to happen.
    > now CANNOT duel GWF's at all (equally geared)
    > decent damage on 1v1
    > HIGH defence
    What game are you playing?

> FASTER than a 110% horse
    I didn't know about that.

> I can't see the reason for it to happen.
    I'm sorry, but it will.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    This bug effects the core shifting mechanic of every GWF, can we have a look at this?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)