test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rainbow Panther Contest

merileemerilee Member Posts: 38 Arc User
I understand that there is an attempt to manage spurious posters in the forums. The problem is the mechanic you decided to you also prevents honest players from participating. As you'll note, I have very few posts, but I have been around the forum for quite a while. My family, that has played NWO for years, do not bother with the forums. The Contest requires the contestant to post to the forum which is impossible for people just starting in the forum. It does not take into account how old the player's NWO account is.

Am I allowed to use my forum account to post pics for their game account? By which, I mean, I would use this account to make the post, note that it is for so-and-so@thus-and-such and these are the pics.

Comments

• stowe#9271 stowe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Agree completely with this statement, will post with this also to Facebook since you do not respond here anyhow.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    As the forums do not have image hosting ability, you would need to host your images on an external site or server anyways. If you look at the contest thread there are a number of people providing links to external image hosting sites for their contest entries for the exact reason you are mentioning, being restricted due to low post count.

I am sorry you are having this issue, but the workaround so you can still enter the contest is simply to provide a link to your hosted images instead of inlining them directly on the thread! :)

Good luck with the contest! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • stowe#9271 stowe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So you telling me that the "Host", "GM's" will be going through every single link site to view the images to see if conditions are met for the gift? Do not see that happening considering that would take all day just to view all the applicants images.
    For the forum not having image hosting might want to check again seeing how 4 pages are nothing but images that should have been cropped down.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

So you telling me that the "Host", "GM's" will be going through every single link site to view the images to see if conditions are met for the gift? Do not see that happening considering that would take all day just to view all the applicants images.
    For the forum not having image hosting might want to check again seeing how 4 pages are nothing but images that should have been cropped down.

I have been doing that very thing - but not cropping images. I have been going through all the entries to make sure they are valid, and trying to notify the people who have invalid entries. If you have any issues with it, please contact any moderator (I am the most active, with the most free time) and we will be happy to assist you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png