test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession Questions

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Hoping someone can shed some light on a few things about professions for me.

I've been working towards leadership for about two months. I'm currently only half way through Lvl 15.

At most all I can get is 120 - 140 profession xp per task, with most averaging around 80.

Is this normal ? I definitely don't like spend every hour watching for tasks to complete, but I would say I generally reset my workers 2-3x a day.

I have four Heros and five adventurers. I don't really double up on them per task because that's more maintenance than I would care for.

I was hoping to use leadership to prep for double refinement, but so far it has gotten me no where.

Is it worth continuing ? Do the rewards later justify the extreme grind ? And is there any way in hell to do this faster? I get like 20% of a level per day.

Other note: are any other professions lucrative ?

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Leadership was a big pain for all of us. It takes like 3 months just to get to level 21, then another month to get to level 25. Once ya get into the 20's you can start creating RPs for your gear, so it does payoff in the long run.

Jewelcrafting can be lucrative for ya to make personalize rings. If ye plan on Mastercrafting, you'll need all profession at level 25.

As far as faster.....pray for 2xProfession to return. :D
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Also unlock all 9 slots as quickly as you can...it makes quite a difference.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • phaadnightsongphaadnightsong Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just had this thought that seems to fit with the profession so well. Leadership = Government. They are both quick to cost you time, money and resources and give you very little in return. The worst part is that you can only do each training three times max. So it really doesn't matter if you do get all nine slots open quickly, you are still bogged down in the inefficiency of Leadership.

I miss the days of Leadership's vast RAD farming. Too bad others abused it and it got taken away from us, under the auspices of fixing the AD economy. It was the only truly worthwhile part of Leadership.

Glaciers move faster than one can level Leadership. It's the ONLY profession that you can ONLY add one other resource to. The xp you get from it is the lowest out of all other professions. And the gap between those better training options is further apart, as far as I could tell.
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Make sure you have Worn Infantry Armor and Worn Infantry Weaponry pieces in your profession inventory for each of your slots. Do the max xp quests 80, 160, 240, 500xp depending on your lvl. At lvl 15 you should be able to do 3x 240xp. It's slow no matter what.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    It doesn't take 3 months to get to 21, but the key is to get the slots open. I level alchemy first, as there are tasks to get the speed and quality results at very low level. I've got leadership to 21 in less than 2 months with 8 slots open and only white crafters.
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    sweet thanks for the advice guys
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    depends if you are obsessed enough to log in every 8hrs and restart trainings but yeah after AD was removed they should make leadership lvl up faster....

btw i can't keep thinking that leadership had a big idea behind it with rare tools and so on then they hit the timeframe and slapped AD rewards and called it a day.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12