test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My issue with "new level 70s"

eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
I just got my TR to level 70 a couple of days ago and I can't believe how bad TR are at the beginning of level 70. I hit a servitor he responds by takin 1/8 of my HP. Is it intended this way, or am I just that weak?

Comments

• eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User

Hard to say either way. Are you wearing lvl70 blue gear with artifact weapons and gear? What are your stats like? What rotation do you use? Can't do the math unless I have all the variables.

Generally, TRs do fine in solo content. WoD and IWD may be a bit hard on them, but it's not impossible.

I'm wearing the howling hatred set with alliance belt and ring. I'm at 1.8k iL and I have the elemental fire weapon when you get the EE quests done. I have had to use ITC, dazing strike and lashing blade. For my level I think my stats are "okay". I am a new TR with little exp in the class. I am a Mi mainly exe feat build
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ddasani1 said:

Hard to say either way. Are you wearing lvl70 blue gear with artifact weapons and gear? What are your stats like? What rotation do you use? Can't do the math unless I have all the variables.

Generally, TRs do fine in solo content. WoD and IWD may be a bit hard on them, but it's not impossible.

I'm wearing the howling hatred set with alliance belt and ring. I'm at 1.8k iL and I have the elemental fire weapon when you get the EE quests done. I have had to use ITC, dazing strike and lashing blade. For my level I think my stats are "okay". I am a new TR with little exp in the class. I am a Mi mainly exe feat build
    How many Artifacts do you carry? You can carry 4.
    Read some guides in TR forum to learn the TR mechanic. Once you master the mechanic (certain sequence of action), it becomes a lot easier. It can be day and night. At least, it was day and night for me. You did not mention smoke bomb. Well, that is one of the day and night.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Lashing Blade sucks in solo content (I'd argue that it sucks in general and people get sucked into it by OOOHHHH BIG NUMBER). Maybe you can one-shot one mob. Big whoop. Now his four buddies are going to eat your face, you're out of stealth, and one of your encounters is on a honking long cooldown. (Mileage may vary for people who play Executioners and are good at timing Lashing Blade with their Shadow of Demise.)

I always use Smoke Bomb. Other encounters are Dazing Strike, Wicked Reminder, Blitz, Blade Flurry, depending on situation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • eshkull#7182 eshkull Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Well, occasionally I'll use my "AoE rotation": Smoke bomb, Path of blades, and blitz. It's worked before so I'll prolly try that
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    ddasani1 said:

Four words to make everything better:

Max Rank Smoke Bomb
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Would a blue+ defender pet for soloing make a difference?
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    It would help if you can post a screenshot of your offense stats and feats.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    http://mmominds.com/2016/02/21/sunnys-guide-to-the-executioner-m7-pve-tr/

Best TR MI read out there.
    Should be required for every TR to read - it's brilliant.
  • greenstang511#2960 greenstang511 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm a TR as well new level 70. For a while I've been using Duelist's Flurry (fav) and Gloaming Cut. You should also use Bloodbath daily as well as Bait and Switch. With Bait and Swith, the enemies will attack your decoy or companion while you cause much damage. Impact Shot is also a good one for your attacks from a distance. I'm also working to up my equipment and refinements. I do play on Xbox and things may be different.
    For me, the easiest way to deal with a big mob is:
    stealth -> Whirlwind of Blades -> smoke bomb
    with this you can see all the numbers flying on the screen.
    Then, DF. Roll if you need a breath. Mix with: stealth -> Dazing strike (daze more than one foe).
    Then, repeat.
    I usually aggro 3+ groups of mob and finish them all in one battle.
    I also may use Path of Blade because I don't mind aggro more foe.
    I have good life steal. Hence, keep on hitting something is good.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    If you're fighting enemies in Well of Dragons...well, they tend to clean your clock no matter what class you are (anything over 2 levels higher than your own will kind of power own you if you're not careful and sometimes even if you are). If you're only going with the EE gear or entry-level blue gear, I'd recommend running the level 70 skirmishes to get some Seals of the Elements and then trade those for 130 blue gear, and you'll also get Demonic Ichor which you can use to get 135 Drowcraft gear.

Other than that advice, build does play a part in TR survivability, and there are those a LOT more knowledgeable in that subject than I.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I will gladly offer some ninja training
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Dazing strike, shadow strike, smoke bomb
    For simple pve
    Itc, shadownload strike, smoke bomb
    For difficult pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I did build an MI exe TR, when lvl 60 was max, to test, if DR was as difficult, as a guild member complained. I cleared the dungeons with 800 IL. The trick is, that you use stealth and CC in rotation, so they cant dmg you.

If you have used your smoke bomb etc wait, until the CC expires. Doge some times, to get stealth (you should have that feat). Go into stealth and WAIT. While you are stealthed, they cant attack you and your CDs run out. The second before your stealth expires you use smoke bomb again. This way the enemy cant hit you at all.

PS. If the CC expires and you go into stealth DODGE. If range DDs attacked while you were visible, they will hit you even in stealth otherwise.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

....... Maybe you can one-shot one mob. Big whoop. Now his four buddies are going to eat your face......

lol xD

edited June 2016
    I think this should work but I have not tried that because my TR is now too strong to need this and also this won't be an objective view.

Have a ambush ring (even +1). Path of Blade and keeps walking around the mob.
    Then, Path of Blade, stealth and start walking again.

:)
    Lol epic path of blades and walk lol.. omg walking death
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • liliadrakon#3570 liliadrakon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I use invisible infiltrator, stealth into mob, ITC> whirlwind of blades (doubles strength if you hit 5 things)>stealth>dazing strike (hits multiple enemies in cone)> smoke bomb> duelist flurry

By the time the control is wearing off, your ITC should be back

That rotation should help with your dps and survivability because of the control from dazing and smoke bomb, and the use of impossible to catch.
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Use ITC, Smoke cloud, and dazing shot or whatever its called. For atwills use duelist flurry cause while you are in it you take less area damage.
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I would recommend a feat respect and take some In scoundrel. I use a hybrid scoundrel/exec build and the extra lifesteal, deflect and incoming damage reduction I get from the scoundrel tree helps a ton (PVP and PVE). I use ITC, Smoke and dazing in my boss/pvp setup and smoke, dazing and lashing in my normal pve setup.
  • playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User

....... Maybe you can one-shot one mob. Big whoop. Now his four buddies are going to eat your face......

Not the face!!!!

lol xD