test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please get rid of coupons

phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
Most people won't buy anything in the zen shop without a coupon. I myself just never open the refining bags until I want something and then open them all until I get the coupon I need. This is just overcomplicating the entire thing.
It would be much easier for everyone if coupons were removed and all zen prices reduced by 15-20%.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I open whatever and pitch the coupon as soon as it appears.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Those bags don't stack so it is kind of annoying to keep them around till you need something. I always open the bag as I get them. If I get a 15% coupon, I buy pres wards for myself, or sell on AH for a quick ~7K AD profit.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    1. a lot of people actually buy stuff without coupon because they forget about them even though they see the coupon every time they open the bag. It is like it is there but you don't even notice it. You don't know how many times I remind people about using coupon and they say "Oh! Yeah! Thanks".
    2. Not many people keep the unopen bag because of inventory issue.
    3. See (1), there are enough people overpay so that I can pay less.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    no, I love coupons

really

But maybe we could sign up for them

Then you target those who want and use them

Urlord
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Only issues I have with coupons is that they have a 1-hour time limit and they are character-bound. Sometimes I really need the coupon for 1 character but another character gets it instead = useless. Also I would prefer 24-hour window like the coupons we get from levelling coffers.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Only issues I have with coupons is that they have a 1-hour time limit and they are character-bound. Sometimes I really need the coupon for 1 character but another character gets it instead = useless. Also I would prefer 24-hour window like the coupons we get from levelling coffers.

Zen is account-wide. And what zen purchases are character bound? They should all be unbound or account bound, if I'm not mistaken.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    leave the coupons in, i used them often, only specific ones i used., the rest of others i just throw away.
    it kinda hurt when my zen is low and cant use them until next payday. i used zen for keys, VIP, p-wards, and often if i can afford newer bags and black ice pickaxe for my alts until i dont need anymore.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    But that's why I also said instead of coupons, all costs in the zen shop should be permanently reduced. So you have the same effect without inventory clutter and coupon bureaucracy.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I agree, It does seem to make more sense to just permanently lower the zen prices 15% and do away with coupons. I mean the coupons limit how much people buy since most will now wait until they get a coupon for the item they want which may take weeks to get.

Whereas permanently lowered prices means you can buy whatever you want whenever you want to and not bother waiting for that specific coupon. Which means people will be more likely to buy items more often. And when you add in the fact that most peoples biggest complaint about the zen store is the prices, it just seems like a simple solution.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

But that's why I also said instead of coupons, all costs in the zen shop should be permanently reduced. So you have the same effect without inventory clutter and coupon bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, that wont work. A global permanent reduction in the prices by, say, 15% will not result in everyone rushing out and buying stuff at this new price as the price will still be too high for most people to accept. At present, the coupons make things less overpriced rather than affordable. Existing players would simply clamour for discounts off the new set of fixed prices while new players would expect the prices to be discounted at some point as that is what happens out in the real world. Whatever fixed/permanent price is set, someone will want/expect it to be reduced as part of a sale or special offer which is what we already have with the coupons.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Make the invoke bags stack - problem solved.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User

Make the invoke bags stack - problem solved.

I agree: sadly no official comment on that feedback.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1213335/suggestion-make-celestial-bag-of-refining-stack
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I know very little about marketing, but a brief trip to wikipedia informed me that coupons have been around since at least the 19th century. I assume that coupons have proven themselves effective since then.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Alright, then it would at least be handy to have them either permanent, account bound or the bags stacking. As it is right now it's just a organisational nightmare for the players.
    They control the drop of coupon (rate, type and percentage). They can stop dropping coupon if they want to (when people are buying). They can give more coupon if they want to push the sale of certain things.

I personally don't see that as nightmare because I always open the bag and the coupon will disappear in an hour. If I need a particular coupon, I look for that when I want to buy. Most of the stuff from Zen store are either no bound or account bound. Hence, usually, it does not bother me which character gets the coupon. I am sure in the certain situation I would wish "this" character has the coupon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If coupons are removed the AH price of all the Zen Market item goes up. Is that what you want?
    Realistically, they're also not lowering all ZEN prices as if we had permanent coupons, they're not charity.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I am sure in the certain situation I would wish "this" character has the coupon.

Basically, if you're looking for 15% off anything in order to buy a service. I can't think of any other thing that won't transfer.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

I am sure in the certain situation I would wish "this" character has the coupon.

Basically, if you're looking for 15% off anything in order to buy a service. I can't think of any other thing that won't transfer.

Example, Blessed Gift of the Gods, Golden Bells.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    The coupons are a marketing tool for cryptic. There is a lot more to them than you think. I wont try to give an explanation here on how marketing works with them. You can do a google search and will be amazed at how coupons work for various companies. I do not see them going away.

I use the coupons if I have them, if not I buy whatever it is I has to have anyway.

Making the bags stack would be nice. But again this goes back to how coupons works - see the above suggested search.