test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Salvage Vendor

barbaraburnsbarbaraburns Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
We just built a salvage vendor. We can talk to him but are not allowed to salvage anything. I had a piece of equipment in my inventory and salvage is grayed out on the menu and tooltip tells me to go to PE.
Hope you have a great day!

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't think the ability to build one is meant to be released yet, or there'd have been an announcement they were adding it. So it can be done, but it's not functional if you do.

@terramak Whatever gets done to fix this or switch it back off until it's ready needs to be fair to guilds that already invested in it. This is the second person I've seen mention it (first is in your most recent thread for patch notes, so I figured you'd see it).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    Same here, we can build it, but now we can nowhere find the anvil
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • chrissiretlomchrissiretlom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    We build it as well for the ones without vip sadly it doesnt work :-(
  • daedreemdaedreem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Our guild has this useless guy too. :(
    Mom of 2 great kids, Slayer of Dragons!
    - I really enjoy Neverwinter on PC, and my Guild "Harper's Eloquence"!
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Same for our guild.
    I aim to misbehave
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Ditto.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    that just isn't right, that it is setup for guilds to work on and create, then it doesn't work. What a waste of resources. If it isn't intended to be available yet, then it should be buildable. I feel bad for those of you who worked for this rather than something that you can benefit from. I'll have to let my guild know not to go there at this time. We're small, so I'm sure it is still a long way off.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    I do believe this got put in a build or so early. I know the other temporary vendor is set to go live during the Protector's Jubliee (from reading the context clues). I'm assuming that this might also be the case with the other vendor as well. I would not destroy the building if you already built it, but if you haven't built one, I wouldn't build it yet.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    The Jubilee Trader sort of works... used him to buff our intake of Surplus EQ and tries again for Influence, which didn't work. Tyranny Treasures is currently working.

I hope they keep him even after the event.. the guild is in desperate need of the help.
    header.png

The Jubilee Trader sort of works... used him to buff our intake of Surplus EQ and tries again for Influence, which didn't work. Tyranny Treasures is currently working.

I hope they keep him even after the event.. the guild is in desperate need of the help.

I agree. The "Jubilee Trader" should be permanent, not event-related. The smaller the guild, the greater the effect the trader can have on the guild's ability to gather resources. It's a minor blip for a guild with 100+ folks working on stuff (and probably done by now).

As for the salvager, having had a look at what it takes to make, that plot uses a very small amount of resources to construct compared to everything else, and has no upgrades. Assuming it just remains in place until it works properly, it should not be a devastating loss of resources for anyone.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi All,

Jumping in here quickly. We are making changes to both the Jubilee Trader and North Terrace Vendor with tomorrow’s patch. Both of these Stronghold features were released accidentally before they were ready for the players. Following tomorrow’s maintenance, we will be fixing the North Terrace Vendor to allow the Waterdhavian Trader to properly accept Salvage actions nearby. The Jubilee Trader will be disabled and any remaining resources will no longer be claimable. However, we do anticipate the Jubilee Trader to return at a later date.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    @yetweallfalldown ... thanks for responding. Being "in the know" is kind of nice. :-)

When the Jubilee Trader comes back, will this be a permanent addition? It's really been helpful for our small guild.
    header.png

When the Jubilee Trader comes back, will this be a permanent addition? It's really been helpful for our small guild.

The description makes it sound like it will only be around for the Jubilee event, but I want to reiterate that the amount of difference this trader can make for a small guild in progressing vs. not progressing is startling.

For a big active guild, it's a dribble of additional resources going towards a final push for something. And that's nice but not critical.

For a small guild, it can provide double or more of what your members of capable of producing. The smaller your guild is, the more impact the trader has. That is a fantastic balancing mechanic, and the trader should be a permanent feature, not just something you give us for a week or two and then remove again.

SH event tie-ins and gifts are nice and appreciated, but leave us where we started when they're over and gone. Giving us a fish vs. giving us a fishing pole. (The crafting additions are a fishing pole, for example.)

Neverwinter Census 2017