test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greater owlbear belt

herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
Would the 4% dmg increase at legendary for this belt do more than lostmauth set for a CW?

Comments

• lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    It's part of what I originally refined into my current Lostmauth set. Tests suggest that it's about the same.

Slowly refining a new one at the moment, and looking forward to wearing something actually intended for CWs.

There's a similar thread about exchanging for the Valindra set , where the belt is mentioned, and there's a reminder that you may also be factoring in Learned Spellcaster.

Early tests from a pretty reliable source suggest that the Orcus set is a disappointment at a similar 4%.

It's kinda sad. The module summary I see is pretty much:
    • New bunch of boons, though nothing exciting compared to previous modules
    • Finally returned a bunch of long-awaited dungeons, but completely useless as they don't have epic versions. Ran one of them, and it was too ridiculous to consider running any others.
    • Finally returned Castle Never, but completely missed the point. What we looked forward to was the return of the massive and challenging CN, as a genuine loot dungeon. What we got was part of it's shell, done as yet another grind dungeon, with typical very low RNG chance at anything that would make the run worth while.
    • We got the obligatory new module set (Orcus), but it's completely disappointing.
    • No new, better armor
    • ummm..... nothing else :(
    • Oh wait... still to come... the Big Nerf! Well we clearly need content to be relatively much more difficult at the top end, but this hits CWs hard relative to other DPS (only queue roles now are healer, tank and DPS). The DPS change is hopefully wide enough to not spark a similar player exodus that the last SpellStorm nerf did.
    Essentially these questions of the Valindra set and Owl bear belts are a kinda desperate attempt to try and maximize a percent or 2 around the broken DPS of a second rate DPS class. Still, what else can you do, continuing to hang out on the long-awaited class balancing.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Just go with the stats of mixed items or get a set that compliments your stats and forget about the set bonus.

lots of people are running with mixed stuff.

PS. statements that CW sucks at dps after the fix is BS, no offence to anyone, just my opinion as im playing a CW as alt, people are titled to their opinions.