test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Burning Weapon set effect has no 30 sec CD

kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
Tested it on my DC. Used a daily power, refilled my AP in ~15 sec, recast daily power and I instantly got 25% AP.

Comments

• olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    lol and what is your problem?
    Tooltip says: When using a daily power, there is a chance 25% of your AP will be immediately restored.
    First of all, it is a chance and does not give you permamently 25% of your ap after using a Daily. This is working how expected and how the tooltip says.

Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's a problem with the tooltip. It's not "a chance". @asterdahl (I think!) explained that it restores AP 100% of the time, when it is off a 30-second internal cooldown, when players were asking to have clarification what the chance was. The tooltip was supposed to be changed to reflect the actual behavior, but if the set now has no cooldown, it requires more fixing than just the tooltip.

@terramak too
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Edit: Okay, "The Chance" is based on this 30 sec cooldown? Good to know xD Thats why I never see the 25% 2x in a row?
    It seems to be a weird bug or it is the "a Chance"-mechanics and we shouldn't know about it :wink: I would preffer a chance in % and not based on cooldown :blush:
    Btw, this set still have 30 sec cooldown on legendary quality.
    Post edited by olegius88 on
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    "Chance" is simply an unclear word choice in a lot of NW tooltips because many things described as "a chance" are actually ruled by an internal cooldown and will always proc as soon as they're able.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    FIXED - tested on PTS
    Thank you becky for support on this. *I also think we are agreed on that this bug was against the goal of the actual changes.
    @terramak please correct the tooltip of the set to be in line w/ the functionality of the set effect. thanks.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    olegius88 said:

Edit: Okay, "The Chance" is based on this 30 sec cooldown? Good to know xD Thats why I never see the 25% 2x in a row?
    It seems to be a weird bug or it is the "a Chance"-mechanics and we shouldn't know about it :wink: I would preffer a chance in % and not based on cooldown :blush:
    Btw, this set still have 30 sec cooldown on legendary quality.

It has a 30 sec ICD on live and now it has -again- the ICD on PTS. As becky wrote, the functionality was clarified by @asterdahl (i think) a while ago. I do like the ICD more than the chance, so we are disagreeing on this, but everything can't be perfect :) The tooltip shall be corrected.