test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is driving the run on Zen in the Exchange?

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
Zen value has been shooting up since Mod 9 dropped. I thought it would level out and drop back down to the 400 level (or so), but it's pushing the 500 barrier on PC. Haven't seen this since the Devs nerfed Leadership last year.

Is this all related to the new Mod 9 items (insignia, dread / shadow enchant, etc) or is there a new exploit driving up the AD stockpiles of botters and goldsellers again? I'm asking the community because I'm clealry clueless, and wondering what is going on.
Tagged:

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Release of new mod and all the items associated with it. Also that portabello mushroom event and gond event, if its anything like the wonders of gond and they have blueprints in the zen market. The AD rich will make a run now to stockup to buy that item so they can get their super mount or whatever rewards you get with it.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    Also, with AD costs for Stronghold reduced, as well as many AD costs in the campaigns (boons items, and such), it does mean more AD can be stockpiled and not spent. It is easy to get your max refinable AD with 2, maybe 3 dungeon runs (tier 1). AD is just becoming more plentiful than it was, so that will drive up the price as well.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Also undearthed lockboxes are giving insane amount of tradebars and planar and jeweled idols right now( like 90-100 bars and a planar idol).They will fix them in this patch so people are opening them before they start giving 3-4 tradebars for one box like newer ones
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

Also undearthed lockboxes are giving insane amount of tradebars and planar and jeweled idols right now( like 90-100 bars and a planar idol).They will fix them in this patch so people are opening them before they start giving 3-4 tradebars for one box like newer ones

Was wondering about the admin beetle mount messages that occurred often....
  • m34n5tr34km34n5tr34k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Many whales who used to dump money into the game via Zax have moved on to other games, and many other players have sworn off giving money to cryptic anymore so they get their zen thru zax when needed. It's created a shift in supply and demand.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User

What is driving the run on Zen in the Exchange?

It's me.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I think:
    1. a major one is a big AD sink is removed. i.e. AD for SH coffer. People were dumping AD to coffer everyday. Now, they don't. That total amount of AD from every guild members in every guild that is building SH is significant.
    2. People are buying mount from Zen store. And, many are not buying only one.
    3. People wants to get good insignia from lockbox and it is not about one insignia but many.
    4. People wants to get mot weapon set from lockbox so that they don't need to suffer in that process and people have multiple toon.

Zax will reach 500 until the fever dies down (if it dies down).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2016
    Someone was selling 10xUnearthed Lockbox from 75k in PE and it was sold before I can pm the dude
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The last 9 months of economy fixes seems really well spent. B)
    edited March 2016
    Also I think there is a box from Dragonflight event which gives AD vouchers+ another thingies worth more than the key it is required to open.I know some guildies are opening those boxes and donating vouchers instead of donating AD directly to coffer
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

Ahhh so folks were getting "lucky" were they. Guess we will see the zax die down today as the fix is in this patch.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    dsn1118 said:

Also I think there is a box from Dragonflight event which gives AD vouchers+ another thingies worth more than the key it is required to open.I know some guildies are opening those boxes and donating vouchers instead of donating AD directly to coffer

For those strongbox, if you don't buy a strongbox key to open it and donate the box directly, the box itself means one voucher.
    If you buy a strongbox key to open, there are multiple vouchers (however, people said the type of voucher changed though such as from AD to gem.

Anyway, that is not close to what the Crate of Ad leadership can make. I made 53 crates the first day it came out. That replaces 53K AD donation. We can only refine 36K raw AD in a day. My guild mate dumped 3 stacks of 99 in one day (not sure how long he took to accumulated them). i.e. ~300K AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    3/24 Patch notes: "Certain retired Lockboxes no longer have a chance to drop Jeweled Idols or Astral Resonators."

Does that box still drop greater numbers of Tradebars?
    Any boxes to avoid for low TB drop rates?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    What was driving the most recent spike were probably key purchaces before the lockbox nerf patch.

I do not expect to see the exchange spike up to 500 soon unless they add something like the legendary beholder mount to the Zen market.

Longer term I expect it to remain higher than it was before the Coal wards were removed...not go below 400 and probably hover in the 430-470 range most of the time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    They should put insignias un bazaar
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Rare mount insignias for 1-3 Trade Bars... sure.
    But any green mount insignias should drop from skill nodes more frequently!
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!