test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Full Righteous Dps DC Build

ardyrisardyris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2016 in The Temple
Hey all, I've recently created videos about my Dps Dc build, Check it out if your looking to do damage :)

My off-hand ability is different (Terrifying Insight +5% Crit Sev) and the two passives I run now are Divine Fortune and Terrifying Insight
I have also changed to a Transcendent Dread Enchant which you'll see in the video's to come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBlwM2T844Q

For any other videos please check out my Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PdKjU1QGg9HLG0wBSf1IQ

Please subscribe if you enjoyed, for any questions gimme a comment or feel free to whisper me in-game.
Have a good day all! :)
@ardyris

Tagged:

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Thanks for the post.

Just a couple of notes I'm assuming your using brutal over azure as part of a long term strategy. Obviously Azure will outperform brutal in offense until you reach 100% crit chance.

The flat 5% damage increase from the offhand ability will out perform the 5% crit severity increase.

Should note that the owlbears dps contribution will go down the higher your crit chance gets. The reason I didn't entertain the owlbear at all is that I see it as a very expensive companion that will eventually require being replaced.

The wheel is an interesting choice. While the dc artifact can out perform it on most fights (via hallowed ground), it does give an ability to use it more quickly. The cw sigil is also a great artifact for crit based dcs.

I assume the Ring of Brutality is used just because you haven't gotten the Ring of Rising Power yet?

Maybe interesting to show or discuss your %s (i.e. resistence ignored, crit chance, etc) and discuss your targets/why in future posts if your going to continue your thread. Anyhow thanks for this and sorry I don't have youtube account but gj

• ardyrisardyris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yeah i understand alot of these points, but the idea for me was to spam my encounters asap to keep the dread procing and to make more use of the encounter then the at-wills so i took the 5% crit sev instead of the 5% dmg after a crit from holy fervor to spam quicker..which seems to be working. (I swapped to Divine Fortune/Terrifying Insight)

yeh the owlbear cub isnt gonna be there forever, it was a impulse buy awhile ago to compensate until i reach a higher crit chance. I'm looking into replacing it with a Erinyes of belial.

I take the Brutality ring because most fights I'm apart of don't exceed 10 sec. so i get the maximum effectiveness. with my companion boosting me up most of the time, it was fine for me to lower some of my other stats to focus on power and crit. the slack gets made up from my bonding runestones. If you have a counter suggestion for the rising rings instead of Brutality(4000 power for 10 sec) and Sudden Precision (4000 crit for 10 sec), please gimme some information! :)

I'm not gonna say my build is flawless. but I'm competing with high dps classes, and it seems to work. I will do some tweaking as i approach 4k though. If you believe you can help me find improvements I'm all ears! thanks for your input!
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Thanks for the post.

Just a couple of notes I'm assuming your using brutal over azure as part of a long term strategy. Obviously Azure will outperform brutal in offense until you reach 100% crit chance.

I have to disagree on this. Azure is the one for short term strategy, a lot of people have 100% crit chance with just 3 stacks from bonding stones. any thing above 100% is wasted.

• lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    I think searing light is a waste
    funny enough i use, FF,Bts and DL now xP so no searing :D
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Wheels outperform Vanguard Banner when your dps is more than half than team total dps (at mythic level). You got the correct way to play a serious dps dc who outdps every core dpser except GWF and CW with lostmauth but is gated behind most of the dps-wannabe-dc due to the cost of building a good dps dc, glad u have the AD and the idea at the same time. So many brilliant dc these days, i am feeling happy now to have a chance to copy paste someone build in the future. Hehehe....

Edit: DC sigil is not that good as active, we build our AP fast enough isnt it?

putzboy78 said:

Thanks for the post.

I have to disagree on this. Azure is the one for short term strategy, a lot of people have 100% crit chance with just 3 stacks from bonding stones. any thing above 100% is wasted.
    Agreed but with all rank 12s Azures except 2 rank 12 brutals and R12 bonding you are sitting right at 100% crit chance (not counting new options from mounts that are still being vett'd). Going all brutal you will not reach 100% crit chance with 3 stacks of bonding unless you possibly if you get a companion that allows you to use adorable bites and get +5 rings with 2 offensive slots. Then maybe but both of those items present challenges (getting +5 rings is hard especially the +5 you want and even more so while POM is broken and the best companions are not aligning to adorable bites gear). At rank 8/9 you are far better off with azure than brutal.
    jazzfong said:

Wheels outperform Vanguard Banner when your dps is more than half than team total dps (at mythic level). You got the correct way to play a serious dps dc who outdps every core dpser except GWF and CW with lostmauth but is gated behind most of the dps-wannabe-dc due to the cost of building a good dps dc, glad u have the AD and the idea at the same time. So many brilliant dc these days, i am feeling happy now to have a chance to copy paste someone build in the future. Hehehe....

Edit: DC sigil is not that good as active, we build our AP fast enough isnt it?

hahaha, that means its time for a new team :-)
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Why so low armor penetration???
    thats 50%, when bondng proc im way over capped
    Yeah with 3 stacks of bonding my Armor Pen basically doubles (2 stacks get me well above 60%). Myself I run with around 40% (mostly because I have nowhere to remove armor pen, lol). The Loyal Avenger stuff all has armor pen and there isn't adorable bites gear for the shadow demon.