test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With Mod 9, it seems we have more disposable real AD while feeding SH coffer

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
Leadership can make crate of AD. There is one task to make 3 crates. You can only run one task per character at any moment.
Alchemy can make gold crate but I don't think anybody care about gold.
Jewelcrafting can make gem crate.
Mailsmiting + others can make surplus Equipment crate. That means the farm epic ring/belt etc can be salvaged for AD instead of getting 920 points for the coffer.
Others?

This also means whoever have a lot of characters can have more disposable real AD.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    And don't forget the reduction of costs in other areas of the game. We'll see the actual effect over time, but certainly that was the whole point of the changes for sure.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    kvet said:

And don't forget the reduction of costs in other areas of the game. We'll see the actual effect over time, but certainly that was the whole point of the changes for sure.

My viewpoint was based on the personal impact of my daily expenditure. :)
    It may impact the volume of available AD in the 'world'. And, that could impact Zax.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    plastic, im being daft.. but how is the crates supposed to give us AD? I see the task in leadership.. but isnt this just some sort of voucher?

Ive already giving my millions in AD to my guilds coffer. that doesnt help my current costing at all..

In fact, enchants are 300-400k more expensive today then 2 weeks ago.

What are you talking about?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    the crates you donate in place of AD, so you can save your real AD for other things and donate the AD crates instead
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    I get the gist.. but most of those expensives for me have already been paid.. they offer very little to many of us at this point. Most of issues with the coffer ATM is they INSANE (and still is) mount of tyranny and fey trinkets you need.. at least next week I can earn like 500 or so sparks in my weekly.. but the return rate for doing those quests are poor.

ITs like the boon reductions, I was adamant they were removed.. but heck.. I already paid like 1 million AD into boons over the course of say like 7 toons or something.

So it doesnt help me either.

In fact I see less income to start with in this mod.. not more.. for the early stages, while costing for enchants has skyrocketed.

I dont know what "all this extra ad" is but for many of us .. its not going to change much.
    edited March 2016
    As I said, my viewpoint is based on my personal daily expenditure. I pay X amount of AD to the coffer everyday. I donate X amount of Epic gear to the coffer everyday. Now, that X amount is not spend. Extra AD for me. That X amount of Epic gear is not donated. Extra AD for me from salvage. It is about extra disposable AD for me from now on.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Still no new ways to earn AD outside of grinding DDs and Skirms. For those tired of doing those or never liking to do them to begin with. This mod is not a significant improvement.
    edited March 2016

I looked at the coffer and noticed no real changes, they still need more reduction. Influence and Surplus Equipment are way too much. It also depends on what you were using those Profession slots for, you may be losing a ton of RP.

Yes. I think that is why they have char slot sales in the weekend. They want you to have a profession army. One 6 hours task to make 3 crate of AD which can replace 3K AD donation. 3K AD can potentially buy more than a 16 hours RP task produce in AH.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Leadership can craft a few AD vouchers at a time, which are good for nothing but coffer donation. But that does mean you can donate the AD vouchers to the SH coffer while keeping your own real AD.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2016
    pan17 said:

Leadership can make crate of AD. There is one task to make 3 crates. You can only run one task per character at any moment.
    Mailsmiting + others can make surplus Equipment crate. That means the farm epic ring/belt etc can be salvaged for AD instead of getting 920 points for the coffer.
    Others?

This also means whoever have a lot of characters can have more disposable real AD.

i got confused...what do yu mean 'crate of ad's' and 'desposable real ad's' ..?
    is it a specific amount of ad's which yu can refine and added to yur inventory ...?
    or is it an ad voucher that cannot be refined and it's only use, is to give it to the stronghold coffer... ?
    a more clear question would be ...will we earn more astral diamonds from crates for personal use or more ad vouchers to give to the coffer...?

If you did not have an habit to donate AD to the SH coffer regularly, this does not help you a bit.
    I donate AD to SH coffer everyday. I can now keep the AD I usually donate.
    For me, I pay 'tax' everyday. Now, I don't need to pay tax using real AD. Hence, my disposable AD (after tax, like disposable income) increases.

There is a new task in leadership calls "Crate of AD", a 6 hour task.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yes, Leadership creates crates of AD, so I don't have to donate as much real AD to the coffer.

Jewelcrafting and Alchemy create crates of Gems, so I don't have to buy stacks of rank 4 enchantments to donate to the coffer.

All other professions create crates of Surplus Equipment, so I can salvage epics instead of donating to the coffer.

Also, AD costs for boon structures are way down.

Net gain in my personal wealth. Much thanks.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

In fact I see less income to start with in this mod.. not more.. for the early stages, while costing for enchants has skyrocketed.

Enchant increase probably temporary. 2XRP this week means tons of speculators.

pan17 said:

Others?

is it a specific amount of ad's which yu can refine and added to yur inventory ...?
    or is it an ad voucher that cannot be refined and it's only use, is to give it to the stronghold coffer... ?
    a more clear question would be ...will we earn more astral diamonds from crates for personal use or more ad vouchers to give to the coffer...?

If you did not have an habit to donate AD to the SH coffer regularly, this does not help you a bit.
    For me, I pay 'tax' everyday. Now, I don't need to pay tax using real AD. Hence, my disposable AD (after tax, like disposable income) increases.

Like I said.. my guild just broke it up over donation periods and gave the totals.. I think the last one was like 415k or something like that..

So overall I already donated my AD to the coffers.. as the last donation will carry us most of the way that was left.

This new voucher does little for some of us at all.

If your in a guild that is just starting.. I guess this will save you some AD.. though at the voucher rate.. its really pretty small .
    edited March 2016

pan17 said:

Others?

Like I said.. my guild just broke it up over donation periods and gave the totals.. I think the last one was like 415k or something like that..

So overall I already donated my AD to the coffers.. as the last donation will carry us most of the way that was left.

If your in a guild that is just starting.. I guess this will save you some AD.. though at the voucher rate.. its really pretty small .
    I replied to pan17. I know that this does not apply to you.
    It applies to those who are still donating to the coffer everyday, every week, ... to build up SH.
    Our SH has not reached 20. This is useful for us.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

pan17 said:

Others?

Pffft. Lets say you've got a guild with 50 accounts. And they each have 10 characters that can run this task and reset it twice each day. That's 3000 crates a day.

"some" AD is an understatement. Even a medium size guild will probably be capped on AD all the time.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    So were back to leadership armies who create "AD" vouchers for SH and RP.... He he he
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm actually excited about this. Does anyone know if the vouchers are account bound or character bound?​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited March 2016

I'm actually excited about this. Does anyone know if the vouchers are account bound or character bound?​​

Account bound.

Made 21 Crates already which replaces 21K AD I would have donated. And, that was just the first pass of the day. :)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Currently Leadership and profession crates doesn't solve issue with insane amount of campaign currency to donate.

I wish we could exchange T1/T2 gear and real AD for specific Campaign vouchers. Because the SH as AD sink doesn't exist anymore.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Wait, what? I have heard nothing about a 2xRP event this week? Link or it's not happening :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Guys dont forget about the UD campaign quest. The AD voucher is worth 10k.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Wait, what? I have heard nothing about a 2xRP event this week? Link or it's not happening :p
    The post you are quoting was dated March 15th........ :)

This was my one month old post. Almost everyone including me knew that by now.
    We don't have AD and Surplus Equipment shortage problem anymore. We have excessive amount of AD crates issue (stack and stack and stack taking up the inventory space ...).
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    urabask said:

pan17 said:

Others?

Pffft. Lets say you've got a guild with 50 accounts. And they each have 10 characters that can run this task and reset it twice each day. That's 3000 crates a day.

"some" AD is an understatement. Even a medium size guild will probably be capped on AD all the time.

Remember that each crate is 5 Gold. 3000 * 3 crates are 45000 Gold. Now, what is your Gold coffer capacity? My Guild is R7 and coffer capacity is about 8500 Gold. Also our Guild is about 100 members and each has an average of 1 Alt.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Ballad of Baphomet is also a weekly AD source now.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

This was my one month old post. Almost everyone including me knew that by now.
    We don't have AD and Surplus Equipment shortage problem anymore. We have excessive amount of AD crates issue (stack and stack and stack taking up the inventory space ...).

Yep. My guild has this issue too. Our AD is completely full. We are mostly needing influence. Ugh. Wish we could make that!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png