test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Diminishing Returns

Can anyone tell me the numbers for where diminishing returns start to happen for each stat?

Comments

• fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    There are none on primary stats anymore.
  • negusanegastnegusanegast Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Alright cool thanks
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Secondary stats like AP gain, control bonus, control resist, etc, start kicking in at around 800.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Think armor pens still 59.5% on everything but epic demo, which I've read is, 'a little higher.'
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    That's a good question on the secondary stats though. Anyone have more details beyond what @zak3056 mentioned?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    1000 is when your going to hit the hard cap, don't go over this as you are going to get high diminishing returns.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    So for AP gain, control bonus & resist, and which other stats? Stamina regen, movement, combat advantage?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The MoF guide found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1202467/master-of-flame-renegade-guide-burn-with-me/p1 has some stat curve info in it. The short version seems to be:

AoE Resist
    Action Point Gain
    Control Resist
    Control Bonus
    Combat Advantage Bonus
    Companion Influence
    Incoming Healing Bonus
    Stamina Gain
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Get your armor penetration to around 6.4k, or if your like me your armor penetration is around 5.1k with 55% armor resistance and you gain about 1.5k armor penetration from companions gift. :3 As for the other things as @Zak3056 listed shouldn't be too noticeable if anything get around 1,000 in things like Combat Advantage ect. ^.^
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Can you go over the hard cap?
    If so, will effects like the one on the Owlbear cub, benefit?
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • negusanegastnegusanegast Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Thank you for the info. This is all for my gwf
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Nope, that's why it's called a hard cap. A soft cap has an increasing reduction in extra benefit as you go higher - a hard cap is a full stop.

I do find it funny when I see Pallys with a snail + artifacts with AP gain & even AP on jewellery sometimes, taking their AP gain to 2k+. I usually don't bother telling them though.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Not for apen in Pve litterally will be a waste of stats. :p
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    All stats have diminishing returns with the exception of defense, its just no longer in the primary phase. For example, whilst 400 power will give 1% increase, you have to compare your new power to your old power and not your base power. Due to this, all stats have diminishing returns. Defense does not however and rather has the opposite of diminishing returns. as when you compare your new power to your old power, the amount of damage mitigated by defense gets better and better as a % of the total incoming damage the more defense you have.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Nope, that's why it's called a hard cap. A soft cap has an increasing reduction in extra benefit as you go higher - a hard cap is a full stop.

I do find it funny when I see Pallys with a snail + artifacts with AP gain & even AP on jewellery sometimes, taking their AP gain to 2k+. I usually don't bother telling them though.
    As far as I know the snail effect of 25% ap gain is not affected by any soft or hard cap because it's not a usual stat, it takes effect when you make use of your daylie power. 2k ap gain is waste though, especially because ap gain does not seem to work.
  • wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User

All stats have diminishing returns with the exception of defense, its just no longer in the primary phase. For example, whilst 400 power will give 1% increase, you have to compare your new power to your old power and not your base power. Due to this, all stats have diminishing returns. Defense does not however and rather has the opposite of diminishing returns. as when you compare your new power to your old power, the amount of damage mitigated by defense gets better and better as a % of the total incoming damage the more defense you have.

Well thats not really what diminsihing returns mean.
    Ofcourse an increase in power when you are all ready at 25k power will increase your DPS less (percentagewise) than if you had been at 5k power.
    But 1000 power will still net you the same damage bonus regardless where youre base power is at.
    Diminishing returns would have been if 1000 power would only give you 1 % damage bonus (when at base power 25k) instead of 2.5%.
    The curves are linear which is the opposite of diminishing returns basically.