test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to spend trade bars now?

xultrakillxultrakill Member Posts: 63 Arc User
What I see are mounts, dyes and weapons.
Dyes and weapons were more profitable even when Pres Wards were there, making each bar worth over 2k AD. But their market is very small, it's not possible to sell 2k bars worth of those in one day.
Mounts is pretty much just gas spore, so each bar worth 1k AD, this halves what they used to worth.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Personally, I'm saving up for a companion, though I might end up buying more outfits, because I really love dressing up my characters.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • xultrakillxultrakill Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2016

The only thing you can do is hold on to them and hope we get some kind of compromise, or a new valuable addition to the store.

That would means a massive amount of AD suck in a well. In this case just upgrading weapon/armour enchantments would earn at least more than zero.

I have 20mil of 'circulating fund' (the best phrase I can think to describe it...) and I need to make it 50mil as quick as possible to fund a Paladin.
  • xultrakillxultrakill Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Personally, I'm saving up for a companion, though I might end up buying more outfits, because I really love dressing up my characters.

I believe it's better to just buy the things you want... lockboxes are too random to achieve anything.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Companions should be still worth something, until they either remove them too from the Trade Bars Store, or make them account bound...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am using mine to get the dusk chestpieces for each of my characters, 16. I would only use them to buy things that I would personally use on my characters, anyway.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I just spent all my bars on 23 coal wards and 27 5 packs of pres wards. I probably won't spend any more. The only semi-useful things left for sale cost way more than I'll make, on 2 accounts, in a year.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I don't have any perfects or trans, I don't have any mythic artifacts. The highest I have are a few greaters and one epic Sigil of the Devoted Cleric. I am doing just fine without "BiS" stuff. They're not needed.

I've only bought 7 coal wards from the trade bar store, 4 of which were when they were 200 per and these last three just recently before they were removed. I still have 11 coal wards sitting in my bank. I get more coal wards than I need from the Wondrous boxes I claim from invocation.

I'm still spending my trade bars as I have been since the trade bar store was first overhauled. On dyes, cosmetics, companions, mounts, and class gear.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    the demon companion has a nice ROI, 2M for 800 bars
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    coal wards were never a good use of trade bars. You were way better off by buying enchants that sold for 10k+
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    smulch said:

coal wards were never a good use of trade bars. You were way better off by buying enchants that sold for 10k+

What is the good use of trade bars? The enchants were around 10K when the c-ward was "cheap". Check the current price again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    I'd buy companions, but why is only one from the new lockbox in there? Where ate the rest?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

smulch said:

What is the good use of trade bars? The enchants were around 10K when the c-ward was "cheap". Check the current price again.
    I just sold some leftover rank 7 enchants (various types) and they are averaging around 7500 AD this morning.
    edited February 2016

smulch said:

I just sold some leftover rank 7 enchants (various types) and they are averaging around 7500 AD this morning.
    What rank 7 are you talking about? The c-ward is for weapon/armor enchantment (which is 1% chance). Check their price.
    Nobody uses C-ward for regular enchantment/runestone unless it is r9+. For me, c-ward is for the 1% chance upgrade refinement.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    cjh1983 said:

I'd buy companions, but why is only one from the new lockbox in there? Where ate the rest?

I don't know what you were talking about. There are more than one companion you can choose if you get it in the new lockbox.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

smulch said:

What rank 7 are you talking about? The c-ward is for weapon/armor enchantment (which is 1% chance). Check their price.
    Nobody uses C-ward for regular enchantment/runestone unless it is r9+. For me, c-ward is for the 1% chance upgrade refinement.
    Rank 7 enchants are what they sell at the TTB. I assumed you were talking about their resale value. If not, my bad.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I wish they'd add a fashion tab, or some sort of wardrobe...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    tousseau said:

A fashion/wardrobe tab would be fabulous.

There's a new Mounts feature coming up so.....

Dunno if a tab is the right thing here. It could just reference your collections page the same as mounts. That would be modifying existing code to adapt to the Fashion type outfits.

I had a disco squirrel moment of digression there.

Tarmalune bars I've been using to buy one dye bottle, and then sell it on the AH. There's still plenty of things to do with them.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon