test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Bug Live Stream...

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
LMAO... talking bout Bugs NOW?

Seriously... this is like closing the barn door after all the horses have left.

I was part of this "special group" for a couple months and a bunch of us left due to the lack of interaction and action regarding all of the hours we put into the research.

My question is this... why did you bother making this group if it was going to take you 5 months to talk to the community at large about the issues? In the almost 2 months I was in the group we logged and verified over 30 actual bugs that were potentially game breaking. We heard nothing from Cryptic...

Why? SH was coming out...

With the release of SH and UD... more bugs came to light and I can only imagine the list of bug that have been verified. Why wait so freaking long?

We were promised information on the Old Dungeons return after UD was released. That was over 2 months ago.
We were promised some word on M9, after the release of UD... again 2 months ago.
Based on the speedy response to all of the bugs... and many other promises... are we going to have to wait 3 more months?

There are A LOT of people who are BORED AS HELL with your game. WE refuse to quit or take some time off, but WE are feeling like an ignored spouse.

Time to light a fire under some butts.​​
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    If you feel ignored by the devs, you should research how many updates the Foundry community asked for, how long they've asked for them, and how many have actually occured. "If you ignore someone long enough, they'll eventually go away..."
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    It seems this problem of not communicating with the playerbase is making people leave off the game, righfully so. This game has one of the worst communication and information output concerning issues in gameplay with playerbase i have ever come across.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I believe every live stream that actually plays Neverwinter is a bug livestream
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    they said, they can make them every months if successfull. i dont think they are able to answering about bugs for an hour, there should be additional info about future. i will watch
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I think it is a good thing...

It is not like there are only a few horses in the barn...

It is ok to shut the barn door now

Give them a break
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

LMAO... talking bout Bugs NOW?

Seriously... this is like closing the barn door after all the horses have left.

I was part of this "special group" for a couple months and a bunch of us left due to the lack of interaction and action regarding all of the hours we put into the research.

My question is this... why did you bother making this group if it was going to take you 5 months to talk to the community at large about the issues? In the almost 2 months I was in the group we logged and verified over 30 actual bugs that were potentially game breaking. We heard nothing from Cryptic...

Why? SH was coming out...

With the release of SH and UD... more bugs came to light and I can only imagine the list of bug that have been verified. Why wait so freaking long?

We were promised information on the Old Dungeons return after UD was released. That was over 2 months ago.

We were promised some word on M9, after the release of UD... again 2 months ago.

Based on the speedy response to all of the bugs... and many other promises... are we going to have to wait 3 more months?

There are A LOT of people who are BORED AS HELL with your game. WE refuse to quit or take some time off, but WE are feeling like an ignored spouse.

Time to light a fire under some butts.​​

The say one thing, do another, and are thinking something else totally different. They have showen me since launch that they can not even fix bugs that were there in the begining, and all they do is ad more content to distract from from those bugs that plague everyone. The new content has as many bugs in it as there were in the begining making it even worse. This is no longer a game it is a job, working around the mess they call a game. I know all the money and time I have spent trying to play this mess is to me a big waste now. I have lots more fun playing P&P D&D and have to spend lots less for that enjoyment. Other people that I play with on Neverwinter are getting feed up with it also. I also noticed in the patch notes that nothing was really fixed in the game. Just price reductions and lock box changes and new companions. Big fail on there part in my book.
    You tried to work with them and got nothing from them. It just shows me they just don't care. And Star Trek online is the same way. As long as people keep spend money on this they will keep do the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I think it is a good thing...

It is not like there are only a few horses in the barn...

It is ok to shut the barn door now

Give them a break

When they start honoring their words with actions. In the REAL WORLD, actions speak louder than words. I can tell when someone is lying to me, through micro-expressions and body language. Here... I have seen bonus companions that were paid for to be account wide unlock, end up taking 6 months to be delivered. They changed the print after the offer was over, to seem like we were lying. I have seen content tossed out and promised to return... 7 months later still not here.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • bwowmpbwowmp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Here's my analogy...very basic psychology. Cryptic/PWE is the parent, and we are the children.

A new module comes out, and we all rush to grab the shiny new toys. We play with them and love them and make them our own. Simply because they are new, and seem better than or different from our old toys. Then we begin to notice...hey...these toys don't do what we were promised they would. Or they don't work well with the other toys we have. Or they are simply and completely broken.

So what do the parents do? Do they break out the soldering iron and the toolkit to fix our fancy new toys so that they work as promised? That is hard. That takes time. That chews up resources. So, no...after we complain for a while about how our toy set doesn't work as it should, and complaints fall on deaf ears, they drop another pile of new toys (new gear, new module, new lockbox, etc) on the other side of the room and we all rush madly over to that new pile. Ooh. Aah. New toys! But for a few of us like my pal bodhi/Atwil who are considering the larger picture, the player horde as a whole perpetuates the cycle and never considers how the pile of broken toys is becoming larger and larger.

Consider Strongholds...SH Siege had huge potential, but was broken from the start. From day one...and was released as such despite ample feedback to that effect from the testing population. There were many ways to fix it. Was this done? Nope. Just hurry up and get this (sad) little Underdark module out so everyone can buy some Drow underpants and farm for broken rings. Holy Moses...there's a Salvatore story-line at the beginning! Wow! They'll forget about SH Siege in no time. And we did.

Seriously...we are the children. Not any particular individual. But the player base as a whole? Five-year-olds. Attention span of a gnat. And a constant and irresistible urge to run after the next shiny thing while forgetting about how things around them are so broken and have piled so high that the floor is caving in.

And Cryptic/PWE is the parent. Patting us on the head as they hand us another shiny, underwhelming and broken new toy.

I love this game, and many of the people in it. I am not throwing in the towel just yet. But it is sad to know that this is the dynamic we are given by those who create this wonderful make-believe world, and who ask that we pay for them to do so.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    There are no bugs. Everything is WAI. If not, select one of the following sentences:

'We changed the tool tip, to better describe the actual effect.'
    'We look into it.'
    'Due to unforseen positive effects we decided to keep the system as it is.'
    'We found the isssue and we work on it.'
    'We are constantly monitoring XY and we will do Z, if needed.'
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.