test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

whortless damage of other weapon enhancement

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited January 2016 in PvE Discussion
its time to allow damage mods to work on weapon enhancements I'm tiered of ppl using only 2 as dps (fey and vorpal ) and those two are only good cause they work after damage mods so all damage mods works on them . There are plenty of other weapon enhancement but no one use them for anything since mobs resist kills a bit damage they do :s

Comments

• raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    Plague Fire is very popular and works great
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    raydroot said:

yes but damage it which do is beyond bad my perfect terror do less then 1% of my dps and its damage is a bit better then plague.
    Terror and plague are not so big problem since no one use them for dps problem are other weapon enhancements like fire,,lightning,bile they are made as dps boosting enhancements so we should use them for it but atm no one do this cause even lesser vorpal is better then any of them on trans lvl in dps bossting and this just stupid . I do not ask for nerf or vorpal or fey but all I ask is to finaly have more enhancements to chose from when we want dps bossting its just stupid to have so many enhancements in game which no one use for anything
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    My sw use lightning ....but not for damge, just for fun, neverexpect a damge boost :p
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    warpet said:

raydroot said:

yes but damage it which do is beyond bad my perfect terror do less then 1% of my dps and its damage is a bit better then plague.
    Terror and plague are not so big problem since no one use them for dps problem are other weapon enhancements like fire,,lightning,bile they are made as dps boosting enhancements so we should use them for it but atm no one do this cause even lesser vorpal is better then any of them on trans lvl in dps bossting and this just stupid . I do not ask for nerf or vorpal or fey but all I ask is to finaly have more enhancements to chose from when we want dps bossting its just stupid to have so many enhancements in game which no one use for anything
    Both Plaguefire and Terror enchants significantly increase your damage, but the real increase in damage from these enchants does not come from the +x& of weapon damage they add, it comes from the extra damage ALL attacks (including those from your party) do against the target because of the target's lessened defense. So while a vorpal shows a lot more damage for you personally on the Paingiver chart, Plaguefire and Terror will both make for a much faster run overall.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    warpet said:

its time to allow damage mods to work on weapon enhancements I'm tiered of ppl using only 2 as dps (fey and vorpal ) and those two are only good cause they work after damage mods so all damage mods works on them . There are plenty of other weapon enhancement but no one use them for anything since mobs resist kills a bit damage they do :s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48mvtdf5M-c

And i have no clue how you deal more damage with a terror than a plague, you have to be reeeeeaaaaaly slow attacking.

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User

warpet said:

And i have no clue how you deal more damage with a terror than a plague, you have to be reeeeeaaaaaly slow attacking.
    no way a terror or plague is doing all that dmg +dot_aoe sorry but something is a miss here
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

warpet said:

raydroot said:

Both Plaguefire and Terror enchants significantly increase your damage, but the real increase in damage from these enchants does not come from the +x& of weapon damage they add, it comes from the extra damage ALL attacks (including those from your party) do against the target because of the target's lessened defense. So while a vorpal shows a lot more damage for you personally on the Paingiver chart, Plaguefire and Terror will both make for a much faster run overall.
    yes but what else do bile,lighning fire?

warpet said:

no way a terror or plague is doing all that dmg +dot_aoe sorry but something is a miss here

warpet said:

no way this is weapon enchant dot
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Bile, flaming used to be great for pvp. Also flaming was nerfed a bit resulting ppl switching to smth else. Lightning at r11-12 still great for pvp trs. In pve its still helps keeping aggro for tanks and provides a nice dmg for trs/cws/sws. I know vorpal but still nice to have smth other to use than1damn enchs every1 else uses. Lightning procs like crazy on sw dreadtheft, trs duelist fury & almost all cw aoes. Wizard benefits the most from it. The following log is from vt run with no buffer/debuffer in group. Just your general random queue. 8 m dmg from pure lightning out of 50m. 16%. Not pathetic in my book. Especially considering the current prices.

I don't use lost set on my mage. For a dps HAMSTER cw numbers would be different =) Still lightning looks great on storm-based wizard. And far from useless.

Next log is from sw - 1 dreadtheft on 4 dummies.

• timepalacetimepalace Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    But dont they depend on weapon dmg? So as higher ur WD is, as higher is the end dmg of you lighning?!?
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @krymkac If you can get rid of some Rene feat (Uncertain alligance maybe? - I know, great party buff, but sometimes you can be selfish a bit), then Abyss of Chaos works well with Lightning, and very much fun.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
    @timepalace Its all about how often lighting arcs procs actually. For example steal time on 3 targets procs it 54 times =) WD is way less important. I did some runs with gwf.. Sure separate hits deals more dmg but its like 3-4% of the whole dmg dealed.

@blazious11 Thanks for the tip but i kinda like uncertain allegiance. As many party buffs it works on y too so 5% extra crit is nice. Also rushers aside cw is the most useless class for the party atm. Interaction with other classes is just awful. OF spam that not controls but rather pushes stuff aside. Icy terrain that covers enemies aoe spots. For cc/dmg i would always take a good trapper over cw, for dmg - a tr/gwf or sw.. ehm puppet. So either renegade or no cw for me =) Kinda sad really that they made cw control so useless, nerfed sing/shard and moved the all the dmg to passives.

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @lemonchill its a bilethorn, at transcendent it procs lostmauth set aoe.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Then there are the moderately priced buffer/debuffers.

Examples include terror, PFire, and holy avenger.

I have heard good about Holy Avenger. Does it work well? Description talks about party-wide buffs, I assume those buffs apply to self as well? So that it still works if solo?
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

@lemonchill its a bilethorn, at transcendent it procs lostmauth set aoe.

god damn it, why the hell did i sell my t.bile? of only i would have known that earlier
    edited January 2016
    Huh? What do y mean transbile procs lost set? 0_0 It can crit at r12?
    Post edited by krymkac on