test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moonstone Mask - VIP Area Issues

tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
In the VIP area there is a clipping plane that mysteriously appeared between that extends all the way across the room (invisible) and you cannot get to the trade bar, vendor, mail without running all the way around it.... it extends all the way from the fireplace almost to the next wall.

Next, the door from the inside does not interact any longer so you cannot "leave" unless VIP rank is high enough to use the Travel signpost.

Really surprised search came up empty on this topic... I have seen other's complaining and see other players running into the same invisible barrier.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I did see another thread about it recently, but it's not being talked up heavily. It's possible that not all that many people use this feature. I realize it's sort of a shortcut to PE if you can't signpost yet, but that may not occur to everyone.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I keep all my alts there because of VIP12, can summon bank so everything is right there. That's probably why most people don't park their alts there and probably why not really more complaints.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I had purchased the 200$ pack back in beta so I've always parked my characters in VIP lounge.( also purchased the dragon, hunter & Moon-elf packs my hubby purchased them all as well. and I've put in a good deal of money into fashion). I also have lifetime in Champs online and use the out of game chat for NW and CO when its working. Just to establish where I'm coming from and that I'm not resistant to paying for games/features I enjoy.

I just went into VIP Lounge after not playing NW for a while (Played Archeage for a while). The invisible wall thing is very annoying. I did find workarounds though. you can cut in by the mail guy if you need to get to hearth/AH. also if you need to get out just edge in by the door corner opposite the exit trigger and look at trigger you will see the F to exit prompt if your looking around the invisible wall rather than through it.

but one of my characters was impossibly stuck by the hearth due to the walls because I guess I left him logged out between what is now 2 invisible walls. I cant /stuck or /killme to free him.

The VIP lounge was so much more fun before any walls got involved we could watch people try to rogue in or watch RP from the balcony now we can't watch RP effectively cause we cant see names/descriptions, The shops were awesome but now we cant use the shops effectively cause of invisible walls( how are those walls helping ANYTHING its not like they are keeping anything out) .

They should just open the VIP room to everyone at this point if they are worried about people who got the 200$ founder pack just give them level 1 of VIP (or 100vip points)(it was annoying after all I've put into NW that I'm not even level 1). but even if they don't give VIP benefits I'm sure no one will complain if they just take the invisible walls down.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    My conspiracy theory is they put that wall up to stop an exploit they dont immediately know how to fix via coding.... my guess is that because I can't think of a single possible reason anything at all listed in any patch notes recently would put an invisible wall up by "accident" or via some bug in implementing one of those patch items.... it's to stop someone from doing something over and over...ust my 2 cents.

Pretty annoying because it's part of VIP and now it's not really feeling too VIP at all really. Actually kind of surprised more people are not complaining considering it's a convenient place to park alts.