test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interact command not working for one of my alts

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
Trapped in IWD for 3 days now - the F key isn't working, for anything EXCEPT if I want to inspect other players. Tried changing instance (Map Transfer Failed error). Tried Defeat Me - no luck. Tried /Stuck command - nothing. Tried logging out/back in - nothing. Tried changing the keybind to a different key. No dice.

Sent in 2 tickets and 2 GM requests for help. So far, nothing. There are 2 other players on this same map instance right now experiencing the same issue.

Comments

• Options
    cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I've had this happen to two different characters, but they became usable again after about an hour or so. Others have been bitten by this bug for far longer (like you).

In both of my cases, it began when I tried to do a map change. I was immediately disconnected with a "Failed to transfer character container" error, or something very similar. The first time it happened I was in a party with a friend and we both experienced the same error.

Upon logging back in, we found that we could no longer interact with anything. We had limited interaction with other characters (using the menu) but nothing else. We could kill enemies, but didn't even get the "Press F" prompt when pointing at loot. Anything you auto-pickup, like lockboxes, worked. I could summon the VIP signpost, but couldn't interact with it. The Moonstone Mask teleport did nothing; it would go through the visual effect, your character model would disappear for about a second, and then just reappear where you were (with no loading screen).

Here's where it gets even weirder.

The first time this happened, with my friend, we broke the party and he was able to get out of the instance (Fiery Pit #4, specifically) by just logging out and logging back in repeatedly. He was then able to interact with everything normally, but... if he transferred back into Fiery Pit #4, he was again unable to interact with anything or leave by the usual exists.

This is a pretty nasty bug, especially when it persists for hours or days. It also seems to be relatively new, possibly appearing with Underdark. I hope they can track it down and fix it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Sending a new ticket when your old one hasn't been replied to bumps you back to the bottom of the queue. Other people have had this bug, and will remain bugged if you keep getting logged back into the same instance. The issue can be resolved by having your character moved to Protector's Enclave. Yeah, it sucks to wait, but they'll get to you.

It is possible that your bugged instance will close and your character will be logged into an instance that is not bugged for you, which is how this has resolved for some other affected people.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Yeah, it sucks to wait, but they'll get to you.

Yeah, it's been since Sunday now. Still stuck Wednesday evening. When I try to change instances - only 2 are listed, #1 (where my poor SW is wasting away) and #2, to which the game will not let me escape.

On a positive note, it has given me time to more properly appreciate some of the background art in Caer Konig. I'd never noticed the level of detail at the wharf looking out on the lake and the light house in the distance, or the two (?) guys in the row boat floating a little ways out. I also hadn't noticed before the back alley intimidation scene behind some of the houses......still waiting....
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    guys my problem solved when restart the game check de achives and relog with safe mode (both through laucher), once ingame escape "F" for another "safe" instance and before set the graphics options again. so hope work!