test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Staying Power" Pargon Feat (GF/GWF) Swordmaster bugged - Facts included

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello, all.
I found another bug testing feats/powers/at-wills on my guardian fighter sword-master.

Intro: The feat "Staying Power" doesn't respect the timer of "Weapon Master's Strike", the skill it's supposed to be enhancing.

Skill Info:
Paragon At-Will: Weapon Master's Strike - Rank 4(max)
+6 seconds, at-will damage buff

Paragon Feat: Staying Power - Rank 5(max)
Reduce mitigation to encounter powers 10% for Weapon Master's Strike

Paragon Encounter: Flourish - Rank 4(max)
Multi-hit encounter power

Combat Data:
Trail of Blades dummies - no gear
[Combat (Self)] Your Weapon Master's Strike deals 293 Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Both WMS and SP proc on the first swing, timer started
[Combat (Self)] Your Weapon Master's Strike deals 255 (197) Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Both WMS and SP are active
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 254 (230) Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Both WMS and SP are active
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 250 (228) Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Both WMS and SP are active
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 229 Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Staying power has run out so fast, the encounter hasn't finished yet!
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 230 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 225 Physical Damage to Target Dummy. < Weapon Master Strike is still active for 4 more seconds
[Combat (Self)] Your Flourish deals 230 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Summary:
As you can see from the above information, this feat is totally useless for Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter sword-masters.
The 10% encounter buff lasts for less then 1 second because it procs at the first swing of Weapon Master's Strike and is running out during the slow second swing.
It's obvious this is not a "working as intended" scenario. What good is 5 feat-points on a 10% encounter buff that runs out before you can use or finish an encounter?
I tested this bug with other encounter powers and the results are the same. No matter what level Weapon Master's Strike is (increased ranks increase duration), Staying Power expires almost immediately.

NWO Dev, can you please add this information to your internal bug tracking and break/fix system please?
I bought a respect token and found this feat is not working. So please do the right thing.
Thank you for your time. :)

Edit, remove double word