test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bottled Lightning, Forged in Fire

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I realize there have been a lot of posts about this. Then there was the PROMISE that they were aware of it and it would be fixed next Tuesday (in October)
Well we have near end of November now and both of those quests are neither given to me by anybody nor can I go to the spots were they are done and cannot do them.

Why do the technicians work on new stuff when older stuff is broken and not getting fixed. For returning players it is like a slap in the face and immediate regret for subscribing again, wasted money?

Comments

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Forged in fire is given by a NPC in Protector enclave. This NPC does NOT HAVE "!" icon over his head, because quest is low level compared to your level. Just talk to all NPCs in area where other TOD daily quests are given.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Common Cause is a special-case quest. If you accept it from Harper Boward, you need to do the sub-quests for it that day.

For example, if the sub-quests are Forged in Fire and Bottled Lightning, you need to talk to Delrin Bass (sitting near the ToD storekeeper in PE) to get the Forged in Fire lair quest, then go to Rothe Valley and talk to Thar Greenbough to get the Bottled Lightning quest. Complete them that day (Culling the Cultists will complete just from running the lair) and turn them in to the quest-givers, then return to Harper Boward to turn in Common Cause.

If for some reason you kept that Common Cause quest and tried to complete it the next day -- and let's say that day's Common Cause quest is set in Icespire Peak -- Delrin Bass will not have the lair quest for you, and Thar Greenbough might give you the Free Passage quest instead.

As mmm1001 noted, the lair quest-givers will not have a quest sign over their heads after you reach level 67, because they are flagged as level 60 quests. If you read the Common Cause quest, it will say what the lair sub-quest is, so talk to the appropriate quest-giver in PE. Or be ignorant and just talk to all of them until one gives you a quest.

So Common Cause is not broken, you're doing it wrong.