test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PowerPoints

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
Ok, i dont ever do PvE content if i rly dont have to ( like now farming these super boring HEs for my weapons) I lack i whole lot of powerpoints since i try to play several chars. There HAS to be an easier way to obtain these powerpoints. I mean cmon 1.7 Million XP to have a CHANCE to get one is beyond me. Pls let us more PvP focused players be able to get them as well.

Comments

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    No ranting. PvP does give enough exp for u to at least lvl up all powers in tray. Even the chance is not 100% per exp bar, i still got more than 10 power points just from pvping everyday, and it was during modules ago when the lvling to 70 and during 70 were extremely hard.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    + high ranking Azure enchantments in all utility slots
    + Inscribed Garments
    + bonus XP from invoking
    + XP booster

And yes, it's still only a chance to get a Power Point, but there is no difference between getting XP from PvP or PvE, the way is the same for everyone.
    So why should PvP be treated special?

Or about your weapons, weren't the requirements for buying the guild artifact weapons changed?
    So why not join a active/big guild, donate your glory or whatever and then just buy those weapons?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    regenerde said:

+ Inscribed Garments
    + bonus XP from invoking
    + XP booster

And yes, it's still only a chance to get a Power Point, but there is no difference between getting XP from PvP or PvE, the way is the same for everyone.

Or about your weapons, weren't the requirements for buying the guild artifact weapons changed?
    So why not join a active/big guild, donate your glory or whatever and then just buy those weapons?

Dont know if serious or just trolling, PvE players get extra XP from quest maybe not that much but still some, i do invoke.
    Yeah running azures and Inscribed Garments in PvP will not get u killed extra fast or anything lol.
    I am going for the Water weapon farmed from 100 HEs and these cant be bought from SH.
  • Options
    jazzfong said:

No ranting. PvP does give enough exp for u to at least lvl up all powers in tray. Even the chance is not 100% per exp bar, i still got more than 10 power points just from pvping everyday, and it was during modules ago when the lvling to 70 and during 70 were extremely hard.

No ranting, but you do realise that as a mainly pvp player we have to switch encounters/ passives / daily quiet frequently not as in PvE where u use the same things over and over. And to recieve that 4th power points is not very easy.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

regenerde said:

+ Inscribed Garments
    + bonus XP from invoking
    + XP booster

Dont know if serious or just trolling, PvE players get extra XP from quest maybe not that much but still some, i do invoke.
    Yeah running azures and Inscribed Garments in PvP will not get u killed extra fast or anything lol.
    I am going for the Water weapon farmed from 100 HEs and these cant be bought from SH.
    Azures go in your utility slots so you'll lose some movement, glory gain, or RP drops. Pants/shirt don't have tenacity and pretty mininmal stats so you're giving up at most 700 defensive stats points and 700 offensive stats points.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

Azures go in your utility slots so you'll lose some movement, glory gain, or RP drops. Pants/shirt don't have tenacity and pretty mininmal stats so you're giving up at most 700 defensive stats points and 700 offensive stats points.

You dont PvP much do you? :) Well thx for the input but thats not gonna happen. Guess i am the only one that thinks 1.7 Million Xp is to much to have a chance for a powerpoint.

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2015

You dont PvP much do you? :) Well thx for the input but thats not gonna happen. Guess i am the only one that thinks 1.7 Million Xp is to much to have a chance for a powerpoint.

no theres lots of complaining about it. just tired of the "i only pvp" folks thinking everything is about them.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Urabask said:

So explain how loosing something like 700 power or crit + 2000 HP is going to make such a massive difference : |

I mean this is all conjecture anyways so it's assuming that you're putting at least rank 10s in those slots. If you're putting 9s or worse in there you're full of it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Urabask said:

So explain how loosing something like 700 power or crit + 2000 HP is going to make such a massive difference : |

I mean this is all conjecture anyways so it's assuming that you're putting at least rank 10s in those slots. If you're putting 9s or worse in there you're full of it.

I Min/max my chars to stay on top, so its to much of a loss. Well guess i have to buy XP boosters.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

regenerde said:

+ Inscribed Garments
    + bonus XP from invoking
    + XP booster

I'm not trolling, and again, it don't see a reason why PvP should be treated special.

There're several threads and posts about power points with more then enough player feedback, and every player in PvE or PvP needs them.
    That either the needed XP to fill the overflow or the rewards from the overflow should change, and it has been suggested since they raised the XP bar that high, but not much has actually changed...

So instead of asking to be treated special, how about supporting the threads about power points and the overflow XP, that are allready open?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes many threads on this topic but I can't let it go because while initially a great idea back when it was like ~500k etc....

PvP or PVE 1.7M to get smacked with a couple Rank5s that I can get from opening a few skill nodes is so inexcusable on the side of the DEVs. This whole Overflow thing needs a re-work, it initially was something to just give end-game players something more for progression. But the fact of HOW much better your character is after having all the abilities in your tray rank4 is better than any of your gear advantages. 5-15% better on average per ability is so hard to ignore and why so many people are offended by the RNG aspect behind the effort.

I'm not discounting that the end-game of getting the 9pts that occupy your tray shouldnt be some work behind it... what I'm saying is the RNG needs to get put in the toilet. What if each time you levelled your guy it was also an RNG and you had to start that level all over again from 0 XP. THAT is what this is like, and how it feels.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I"ve never seen or heard of a good rationale for the 1.7 m cap increase. I had assumed it was raised to help justify the extreme grind they wanted to impose on 60-70. Also, I don't believe the PP were random like this in Mod 5, although I could be wrong. My older character from Mod 5-6 has 93 PP, while the one I've run the past 5 months has 77 PP.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I"ve never seen or heard of a good rationale for the 1.7 m cap increase. I had assumed it was raised to help justify the extreme grind they wanted to impose on 60-70. Also, I don't believe the PP were random like this in Mod 5, although I could be wrong. My older character from Mod 5-6 has 93 PP, while the one I've run the past 5 months has 77 PP.

PPs were random back in Mod but you only needed to get 75k XP to qualify for a roll of the dice to see if you got one (if I remember rightly). With Mod 6 this increased to 250k and then to the ridiculous 1.7 Million we have now. Back in Mod 5 you hit the cap quite easily and often, so PPs seemed to be appearing all the time. My HR picked up most of his extra PPs around that time, i.e. Mod 5-6. I think he has picked up two since Mod 7 dropped.

• Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    The grind "as is" is frankly HAMSTER with a capital R and needs a rework/adjustment. Previous players didnt have these requirements, they were simple to get. I'm thinking about going back to my GWF who has 90PP from Mod6 from my Pally who has 75 and I've been playing my Pally hardcore for months, 10X as my as I played my GWF. It's lame.
  • Options
    Well, the overflow XP was increased at the same time they brought XP boosters into the game... and since then, all we have seen happen on this matter is an increase in XP from vigilance quests.

XP from daily ToD campaign quest were reduced, and i think other campaign quests offer less XP too. I'm not sure if the replayable chapter questline offers enough XP, but i think that the daily new daily Underdark quest in Dread Ring gives some good XP too.

And while you're farming the motes for your new weapons, you can also do a few vigilance quests on the way.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, the overflow XP was increased at the same time they brought XP boosters into the game... and since then, all we have seen happen on this matter is an increase in XP from vigilance quests.

XP from daily ToD campaign quest were reduced, and i think other campaign quests offer less XP too. I'm not sure if the replayable chapter questline offers enough XP, but i think that the daily new daily Underdark quest in Dread Ring gives some good XP too.

And while you're farming the motes for your new weapons, you can also do a few vigilance quests on the way.

8-15k xp per vigilance quest. so 100-200 quests for a chance at a power point.......
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Why bother. You have a good chance of getting a handful of R5 enchantments as reward for all that work. Such a slap in the face, its almost insulting.