test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My quick review of Underdark

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
The Good:

New questline is pretty good just by the fact that there is something new to do for the solo player. I am happy with it.

Love all the cost changes with the trade bars, Astral Diamonds etc.

The Bad:

The new skirmishes and Demogorgon really make me miss the old dungeons. OMG, so what are we suppose to do now, stack Movement Speed and Stamina??? I really dont want to do those again. Im just going to do the HE's and hope thats all I need for the new boons.

Wow, I really really miss the old dungeons.....good lord!
twitch.tv/kaligold

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Thats pretty much the same sentiment as most of us..

GWFs clearly rule the new skirms.. bravery is a new wonder feat. Stack it, love it.. since you have sprint, run, sprint , run to get gold status.

Poor non dps classes are terrible in the new content, I dont think they flushed that design out quite enough overall.
  • johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So after running the first one I would have agreed but I ran this morning with a tank and it was great. he kept taunting the baddies and then grouping them up for the rest of us to take down. we knocked them down so fast we maintained access to our encounters.

I am a little disappointed in the simplicity of the skirmishes. one room with the baddies spawning... it's pretty weak.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Well, most of the skirmishes are just plays on the "kill everything in this room" - you just have to move to the next room in some cases. Not a lot different from just spawning them in the same room.

At least with the new skirmishes, there are some actual mechanics at work, that require a minimum of thought and coordination.