test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stat Caps

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
What are the current Hard Caps on all STATS? Those of you who use ACT religiously would know this answer.

This is something everyone needs to know now with the current SH Dragonflight gear and the upcoming Drow gear. Currently many of us are probably over the caps on some stats and would need to know what gear, enchants, companions, and artifacts to change around with. I know that with a level 10 Stable, my Pally with todays gear can have 100% DR and my Wizard a 140% ArPen. I know they are way over the caps which now I'm need to focus on other stats. Which is why I need to know the current caps.

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    valwryn said:

What are the current Hard Caps on all STATS? Those of you who use ACT religiously would know this answer.

This is something everyone needs to know now with the current SH Dragonflight gear and the upcoming Drow gear. Currently many of us are probably over the caps on some stats and would need to know what gear, enchants, companions, and artifacts to change around with. I know that with a level 10 Stable, my Pally with todays gear can have 100% DR and my Wizard a 140% ArPen. I know they are way over the caps which now I'm need to focus on other stats. Which is why I need to know the current caps.

Arp cannot go above 100% . mybe it show more but i think 100% is the max currently i am sitting on 120 % and i cannot reduce some enemys DR beyond my 100% if you know what i mean.
    DR cannot go above 80%
    Crit cannot go above 100%
    Deflect cannot go above 100%

3 stats can go above 100%

Recovery
    Power

And Hit points.

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    AP gain cannot go above 1k of the AP gain stat (can't remember what that translates to in % form, but thats the hard cap)
    You can stack above 100% crit, but beyond 100%, it achieves nothing.
    DR is hard capped to 80%
    Arp technically has no hard cap, but you cannot reduce a monsters defense below 0 via arp, so there is no point in pve to stacking it beyond the dr of the monster with the highest dr (so 60%)
    Deflect is another thing that you can technically get higher then 100%, but it would achieve nothing to take higher then 100%.

That should help you.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2015

valwryn said:

Arp cannot go above 100% . mybe it show more but i think 100% is the max currently i am sitting on 120 % and i cannot reduce some enemys DR beyond my 100% if you know what i mean.
    DR cannot go above 80%
    Crit cannot go above 100%
    Deflect cannot go above 100%

3 stats can go above 100%

Recovery
    Power

And Hit points.

Crit can't get over 100%? Have you played a TR? I can get over 150% easily in stealth. Of course, in PvE there's no point in going over 100% with anything. There is no resistance except basic DR and control resist. But that's not necessarily true for PvP where tenacity and resist boons adds another layer of defense against armpen and crit.

And there's no such thing as 100%+ power. It's always the value it has. Buffs may add and debuffs may substract, but you always have 100% power. Some feats may do 100%+ of your power in damage, but that doesn't change your power stat.
    100 % =150% dosnt matter alway crit is alway crit the cap is 100%
    Dmg/heal bonus can go above 100% you are wrong with this .
    Also recovery .

What i am mot 100% sure is the arp i cannot reduce some players dr w/o another layer of dr.
    BTW tenacity dont work like you mentioned .

If i remember rigth and i dont wanna dig i old dev posts .

GC told us this :
    If you have 40 % dr and 40 % tenacity DR resist then it work like this: 40 *0,4+40=56 % final DR.
    So if someone reduce your DR to ground zero then: 0*0,4+0=0 final DR.

To addon they introduced arp resist what is on another layer.

So if you have 100% arp and your enemy have 40% dr + 40% tenacity DR + 40 % arp resist .

Then you will decrase her DR to zero .

I am not sure ARP can reduce DR beyond 100% . Need more testing.

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

AP gain cannot go above 1k of the AP gain stat (can't remember what that translates to in % form, but thats the hard cap)
    You can stack above 100% crit, but beyond 100%, it achieves nothing.
    [...]

AP gain and the other small stats have massively diminishing returns beyond 1k, but the effect still climbs a bit - so that's a soft cap. IIRC the hard cap lies at 1.5k, and the minimax point at 800. Apart from APgain stats like +CC, CC-resist, AoE-resist etc. are following this curve.

Crit _might_ be useful under _very_ special circumstances - the Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow's -Crit% debuff could be countered. But that's only and exclusively an open world & SH PvP issue. And requires a PoSM present on the red side to be of use. And her being in your proximity. So, globally, one can forget about overstacking there...
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2015

100 % =150% dosnt matter alway crit is alway crit the cap is 100%
    Dmg/heal bonus can go above 100% you are wrong with this .
    Also recovery

When it comes to crit, 100% isn't a guaranteed crit. But that's only for PvP. Other than that, we agree. In PvE there's no need to go over 100% of anything, even if you can.

As for power, I think you're getting 2 things mixed up. Buffs add to power, but you never have 100%+ or 100%-. The new value is still 100% and has no cap in that respect. You just have your current value. That might be more than you'd have without buffs, but it's 100% of your power at that specific moment.

I'm not sure about recovery. I never stacked it high enough to get more than 50-55%. But I don't have access to R12 enchantments either and I don't know if you can even stack enough recovery to get 100%+. I'll leave that to the theorycrafters among us.
    You can, but except in niche situations, there is no point. 100% doesn't reduce your cooldowns to 0, it reduces them to half their base cooldowns and recharge speed increase still has diminishing returns so...
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I know Arpen, if ye have more than thy foes DR then ya get bonus damage. It's not much but it is there. ;)

I know DR is 80, 90 with some Cleric spell. The rest.....100 makes more sense.