test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest "swords for everyone" broken today

browncirclebrowncircle Member Posts: 32 Arc User
It's the quest where I need to defend the tree in PE. I did the same quest yesterday on another character and it was fine. but probably because of the new patch, the quest is broken today. the first sign was that when the first mob ran towards the tree, it disappeared about half way after entering the fence and would reappear outside the fence and forever stand there. from then on, half of the waves of the mobs would end up wondering outside the fence and wouldn't get in.

Comments

• browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am having the same issue. I get to 83-84% complete and then no more enemies arrive. Aborted 2-3 times now and restarted and same result.
  • skelebonez22skelebonez22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im stuck on this also! Please Bump for early fix! Now i can't move past level 60!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yikes! Ok, didn't see this til after Andy left for the day, but I'll make sure he knows. @strumslinger This one needs fixed ASAP.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I cannot unlock any of the 60+ maps as this quest does not finish. Mobs do not come from behind gate so Boo goes outside barrier and kills them which is fine by me but when air cult comes he just stands outside barrier and doesn't kill mobs. It stalls around 80%, I tried staying close to tree, I tried attacking the barrier hoping my hits would land on the mobs behind it and doesn't work.
  • srt94srt94 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    same issue here ...
  • ghostwalker34ghostwalker34 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Quest not working for me either.
  • ghostwalker34ghostwalker34 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've been stuck on this one almost 2 days now. It's getting frustrating because I can't do anything because of this one single quest bugging out.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    I found a "sorta" workaround for this. If you exit to character select and log back in as that same character the game will typically put you back on the map, but it will put you BEHIND the wall, so you can run around and kill all the glitched mobs.

Eventually you end up with a situation where one or more mobs made it into the map, and you won't be able to reach them, so you have to die (via the Help menu (H) choose request GM help, then stuck, then defeat me) and that will put you back at the initial spawn location so you can reach them again.

Should more mobs get stuck behind the wall you will have to repeat this as many times as necessary, and for me it was a lot. But eventually I finally got it done and could progress the quest chain again.

Hope that helps.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Due to merge this post has been made pointless...Please enjoy my sig gif for a second time.
    Post edited by zoiks100 on
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • browncirclebrowncircle Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    zoiks100 said:

I posted a workaround I used for this bug on another forum here, worked for me, might work for you too.

I did the same thing the first time I found the bug, and more than once. It didn't work for me because some mobs would be in a layer where you can't reach from either inside or outside, right on top of the fence.

@kreatyve are you guys getting a fix for this soon? becaue without this quest, vigilance maps won't open up for us.
    I'm stuck on that quest that you have to defend the tree in PE, the mobs doesn't enter the atack area,m i cant hit them...so i'm stuck at level 60 --'
    QUEST NAME: "SWORDS FOR EVERYONE"
  • feranova#9086 feranova Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same issue. One guy comes in, he either teleports outside the barrier, or I kill him and then Minsc and the other guards teleport outside the barrier. Then they just stand there and all the other mobs stand there as well. I have only made it to 9%. I have abandoned the quest at least 10 times. I have re-opened Neverwinter, I have restarted my computer. Nothing works.
  • feranova#9086 feranova Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This worked for me, and you're right. I had to log out and die about 8 times each to finish the quest. But it works. Around 80% no more mobs were appearing. Don't abandon the quest, just log out twice and the last mob will appear.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

zoiks100 said:

I posted a workaround I used for this bug on another forum here, worked for me, might work for you too.

I did the same thing the first time I found the bug, and more than once. It didn't work for me because some mobs would be in a layer where you can't reach from either inside or outside, right on top of the fence.

@kreatyve are you guys getting a fix for this soon? becaue without this quest, vigilance maps won't open up for us.
    Devs are looking into it. Can you please do me a favor and copy your character that has to quest on to the Owlbear shard and see if it is working there? I don't have a character that can get to that quest easy enough to try (it is a one time only quest, sadly). Let me know if it's not working there. I don't think that patch is going to go live until Monday or Tuesday at the soonest.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    This was done just fine BEFORE the big patch.
    Now this quest Swords For Everyone is not doable.
    I aborted it 15 times the most I could get is 48% completed and then no further.
    Usually it stucks firmly at 4%

Screen shots:

1. Wave 1 of enemys just frozen outside barricade. They don't go over

2. Minsc jumps over barricades and freezes as well in this pose

3. Bunch of Howling Hatred Cultitists just stand outside barricades. Not jumping over to attack.

4. Howling Hatred Cultists are stuck in the wooden barrels and logs of the barricades along with Neverwinter guards

5. Howling Hatred Cultists just stands in scores on other side of barricades not moving forward

So, they stand on other side not jumping over. Can't jump over barricades myself to kill them and they not coming over to my side
    Result - quest CANNOT BE COMPLITED.
    Without it - can't go to Spinward Rise to get main hand
    Been trying to do it with Guarding Fighter
    This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

By that time x2 refinery will end :(
    I found a way to get my GF OFF-HAND - Off to Roth valley for remaining 85000 exp.
    But please do try fixing it sooner then 18 days I need to get TOD done to forge the sword

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    zoiks100 said:

I found a "sorta" workaround for this. If you exit to character select and log back in as that same character the game will typically put you back on the map, but it will put you BEHIND the wall, so you can run around and kill all the glitched mobs.

Eventually you end up with a situation where one or more mobs made it into the map, and you won't be able to reach them, so you have to die (via the Help menu (H) choose request GM help, then stuck, then defeat me) and that will put you back at the initial spawn location so you can reach them again.

Should more mobs get stuck behind the wall you will have to repeat this as many times as necessary, and for me it was a lot. But eventually I finally got it done and could progress the quest chain again.

Hope that helps.

This ^^^^ - Managed to get an alt and my other half's first toon through this so we could start Drowned Shores.

@strumslinger - get this man a cookie!
  • bityluzbityluz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I tried the workaround that @zoiks100 posted, but i got stuck at 98% when the noble apears, when you are going to hit him he cast a lighting spell and teleports "bugs" outside, you relog you are outside and he is inside and full hp again, you do the help/die thing and when you hit him, happens again. Just aborted mission and will wait till the patch.
  • pappabare1pappabare1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Swords for Everyone is so broken its unplayable. Which means no access to lvl 60+ content.
    This will be fixed in a patch soon (I think tomorrow, but if not, then sometime this week). In the mean time you can level past 60 via foundry quests and PvP (which I know is not ideal, sorry).
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pappabare1pappabare1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    They haven't fixed no one new geting access to lvl 60+ for over three days? Wow.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

They haven't fixed no one new geting access to lvl 60+ for over three days? Wow.

There is the work around that @zoiks100 posted above - which allows people to complete it (I was able to finish the quest and move on to Drowned Shores). It's a pain in the neck to do, but it's doable. Ive seen quite a few people get through it.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    my solution, using the method suggested, was once outside, to STAY outside, adds keep appearing to maintain a flow until you have killed sufficient, access each side of the compound through the market ... I killed enough (slowly) for all 4 elementals by this method, just killing myself (/defeatme) to get back inside to access the chest at the end ...
  • bityluzbityluz Member Posts: 3 Arc User

There is the work around that @zoiks100 posted above - which allows people to complete it (I was able to finish the quest and move on to Drowned Shores). It's a pain in the neck to do, but it's doable. Ive seen quite a few people get through it.
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you managed to kill the "Noble" mob/giant in the end?. For me it was imposible (I'm a TR), he just bug'd and reset health.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    bityluz said:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you managed to kill the "Noble" mob/giant in the end?. For me it was imposible (I'm a TR), he just bug'd and reset health.

my approach was just taking the adds down outside, but as normal, I didnt see any reset of the Noble ... my hr dropped him pretty quick, perhaps there IS a timer running on him though