test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't the developers respond to our concerns ?

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
I don't have to got into details about all the problems they have been discussed endlessly on these forums, but here are some of them:
- extreme class imbalances (the infamous bubbledin being the best example)
- less dungeons and less rewards than pre mod 6
- major bugs that are never fixed
- deadly long grinds on deadly repetitive content

None of these are simple minor gripes to whine about, they are game breaking problems. Sturmslinger or any other person who has contacts with the appropriate people, please can we get a developer or a senior company worker to address these massive game problems. Sales talk for the next module is all very well, but could the developers at the very least acknowledge that these massive game problems exist. I get that they have endless deadlines, but the deafening silence towards everything is worse than openly admitting that they have these problems. If they could simply say "yes we are aware of this but we cannot fix it for next 3 mods" it would be better than saying nothing, at least the players could see some hope for the future. Right now the only signals that are being sent is that everything is fine, I think this is the worst possible thing to do right now. Please - just talk to us.

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have done a lot of work related to corrected some of the bug issues... as have many other players. They have been presented to the proper channels and yet nothing seems to matter but the future.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    It bothers me a lot that there are such big bugs outstanding, not trivial things that barely matter to anyone, but things that have huge impacts in the game, can be used to exploit, etc. They're things that have been outstanding for months, reported and confirmed for a year or more, and nothing is ever done.

The game's community has been pretty clear and vocal that mod 6 was hugely unpopular, and people don't want any more grind. Yet since then there's nothing but that added, and it looks like the new update will be more of the same. I really don't understand it.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...well, we've been there and got this:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9213383-neverwinter:-looking-into-elemental-evil

...and little else...

[OK - let's not be ungrateful here - after like three months of looking into, not communicating, and the loss of 25% of the playerbase, VigiQuests were cut in half.]

/sarcasm
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    2 Reasons:

1. Deadlines
    2. Limited resources
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

2 Reasons:

1. Deadlines
    2. Limited resources

which is why it makes no sense that they havent brought the old dungeons back. it would take very little effort to restore them. and would make tons of people happy.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    dufisto said:

bioshrike said:

2 Reasons:

1. Deadlines
    2. Limited resources

which is why it makes no sense that they havent brought the old dungeons back. it would take very little effort to restore them. and would make tons of people happy.
    Cause that would make happy paying customers, and apparently, that's not what they were going for:\
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Bringing out new content while leaving older stuff totally broken is not a way to keep up with deadlines, it's a good way to lose players (as we've seen constantly happening). I think most players would be very happy if Cryptic announced that the next update would be completely based on fixing classes, dungeons and bugs rather than adding new stuff.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I've already said before that this is the first MMO i've played that you don't get a response regarding bugs. I might as well say It, I used to be a ticket handler for Gravity Games (Ragnarok Online). Koreans always remind us that we must always respond in some way to bug reports. It's better that we acknowledge and admit that the fix is still in the works rather than let the customer's concern go unnoticed.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    oliboyph said:

I've already said before that this is the first MMO i've played that you don't get a response regarding bugs. I might as well say It, I used to be a ticket handler for Gravity Games (Ragnarok Online). Koreans always remind us that we must always respond in some way to bug reports. It's better that we acknowledge and admit that the fix is still in the works rather than let the customer's concern go unnoticed.

I have played many an MMO where the dev crew maintain a policy of silence, with maybe one person designated to serve as the (often tight-lipped) interface.

The reason is usually an especially hostile and toxic forums. Forums can develop some rather crazy personalities. When a developer comes out and says "we're going to do/fix X by Y", then any failure on that part can set off the ravenously insane forum goers, which can result in significant amounts of bad press well beyond the forums. Even more sane forums are not necessarily a pleasant place for developers to make a meaningful presence. The typical forum goer simply doesn't understand the realities of a massive programming project, or the difficulty of asserting or meeting a deadline on any specific thing.

There may also be legal issues involved. A programmer is rarely at liberty to discuss any part of what they are working on. Rather than run the risk of people saying too much, and potentially violating company secrets and NDAs or making product promises that can't be kept, companies will often advise their teams to simply say nothing at all.

• oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    zibadawa said:

oliboyph said:

I have played many an MMO where the dev crew maintain a policy of silence, with maybe one person designated to serve as the (often tight-lipped) interface.

The reason is usually an especially hostile and toxic forums. Forums can develop some rather crazy personalities. When a developer comes out and says "we're going to do/fix X by Y", then any failure on that part can set off the ravenously insane forum goers, which can result in significant amounts of bad press well beyond the forums. Even more sane forums are not necessarily a pleasant place for developers to make a meaningful presence. The typical forum goer simply doesn't understand the realities of a massive programming project, or the difficulty of asserting or meeting a deadline on any specific thing.

There may also be legal issues involved. A programmer is rarely at liberty to discuss any part of what they are working on. Rather than run the risk of people saying too much, and potentially violating company secrets and NDAs or making product promises that can't be kept, companies will often advise their teams to simply say nothing at all.

We're not exactly asking for timelines here. I understand that companies can not give out specific timelines or even be completely transparent about their software tracking system. But I don't know how an acknowledgement of a good bug report from the community is a problem. People will become toxic in these situation, its is understandable, that is what we call service. Can you imagine how many tickets of irate customers I had to sift through? But when someone submits a good report about a huge bug in the game (technical bug, actual software bug, coding bug)., usually this is met with an acknowledgement, or even a thank you to the person who pointed at the bug. No need for details on how this will be resolved, at least we know that.. ok this is a problem, for now we just need to avoid this for the time being. Rather than thinking, maybe it's just me, or maybe I did something wrong. After all we do have a community manager.

BTW given how active cryptic devs are at blogging about the new modules, It is a little ironic that we don't get feedback on bug reports, especially good ones.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

oliboyph said:

The reason is usually an especially hostile and toxic forums. [...]
    ...nah, here it's typically "Botters".

Really, that "Toxic forum" thing... ...ever heard the term "Lame excuse"?
    zibadawa said:

[...]
    There may also be legal issues involved. A programmer is rarely at liberty to discuss any part of what they are working on.
    [...]

...which is why that one special PR-person thing makes some sense. But "Legal issues"???

I'd recommend you go ahead and take a look at this game's ToS, then come back again. Also, your lawyer can ofc effect a termination of the contrac with a full refund - of your F2P payment of 0.00...
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    With the state the game is in, the last thing anyone at Cryptic needs to do is be silent. But then again, you actually have to play the game, actually have to read the forums, and guess what, actually care about the game and more so for the people who play it. Heck, even WB made an apology for the last Batman game and pulled it from being sold until it was fixed.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

What exactly is stopping them if they want to do it? Not sure why the lower level ones were removed at all, they needed no reworking.

they want to make them 3 man linear snorefests like the other 3 dungeons.

• strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    By the time they get any thing fixed there wont be enough paying players to support them and the game will Die a slow death like it is now. Its not what I want to see, its what is happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I too, like many, have stopped playing. I have 9 characters and would always find time to play them (in Mod 5 and below), but now it just bores me to tears. Guys/Girls, this is but a game.. why complain? This is no longer (and never will be again) the NWO we grew to love. NWO (the fun game) is gone forever.. either accept it, or move on to other games. If you go to a restaurant and they do not serve burgers... do you complain and demand that they make you a burger?. You have but 2 choices:

1.) accept it for what it is
    2.) find a new restaurant.

This game is no different as they do not now, nor will they serve you what you want. FACT.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

I already stopped playing, I just log in, take VIP rewards, log out and play another game.

Same, I log in, open a chest and log out. Just encase mod 8 saves this game which I doubt.
    When my vip runs out, I'm done logging in. Haven't read the boards in 2/3 weeks now either.