test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue during login: "Too many attempts; please try again later."

gevmarcusgevmarcus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Has been an hour at least i am getting this message from the Launcher of Neverwinter. I've also tried to log in with the gateway but it still doesn't let me log into my account. I have tried to launch neverwinter from both arc and steam and i'm still getting this problem. I've also tried to launch it by the game.exe but it crash shortly after. Does anyone know what could this issue be? I've never got this problem since i have started playing this game.
Regards.

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    check task manager, it may have log-in duplicate copies of arc.exe 32*, these can preventing "connecting" after few tries and often forced with entering passwords when you log in.
    if that didnt fix, reboot, it will reset task manager.
  • gevmarcusgevmarcus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    wylonus said:

check task manager, it may have log-in duplicate copies of arc.exe 32*, these can preventing "connecting" after few tries and often forced with entering passwords when you log in.

I have checked task manager and reeboted the pc two times in a row but i still can't log into the game, it still show the same error!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    sorry, i tried. check if you have other game host running in background, "Steam/Valve" they often confuse Arc launcher.
    good luck, hope someone else may have better info than i could.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    gevmarcus said:

wylonus said:

I have checked task manager and reeboted the pc two times in a row but i still can't log into the game, it still show the same error!
    The more you keep trying while it tells you this, the longer it is going to take. It's telling you to "please try again later" for a reason. Somehow, you had too many login attempts and your account has been locked out. If you keep trying during this period, you'll just keep the lock in place. Instead, either wait 15-30 minutes before trying to log in again or contact Support. As there is nothing the forum staff can do for Account issues, this thread is closed. If you need further help on this topic, please do contact Support. Thanks!

The only suggestion I have is to not even load ARC or Steam to play the game. Instead, locate "Neverwinter.exe" in your installation directory, make a shortcut to that directly, and then use that shortcut to launch the game launcher instead of using ARC or Steam.

This discussion has been closed.